2014 Mazda CX-5 Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $20,796 - $21,330.

10/8.3

Based on 162 Ratings for the 2013 - 2016 models.

Amazing SUV

By on Friday, June 15, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive, amazing mpg and impressive styling!!"

"I bought my Grand Touring CX-5 towards the end of March and have roughly 5,000 miles already. It never fails, my mpg is always 31-32 mpg!! I drive 70 miles round trip through Dallas traffic daily and I can't believe the gas mileage! I was used to driving a cavalier for 7 years so I thought the transition to an SUV would take a bit to get used to. Let me tell you, this SUV drives amazing and rides just like a car. I am in LOVE with everything about this car. The backup camera is awesome, plus there are blind spot monitors on the side mirrors which light up if somebody is in your blind spot and beep at you if you put your blinker on. The radio is HD and the Bose speakers sound amazing! If you are thinking about purchasing this car, go test drive it and your mind will be made up! LOVE IT!"

Great SUV in Snowy Salt Lake City

By on Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Pros: "Great size SUV with great MPG for reasonable $'s"

Cons: "Needs more body side molding for door dings,"

""I can't say enough about this SUV. It is replacing a 2000 Volvo cross country with 205,000 miles. I really wanted a Subaru Crosstrek, but did not like noisy CVT trans and ride was choppy. Tried the Mitsubishi Outlander sport but again noisy CVT, but ride was better. Honda CRV did not care for looks. Sorry No Fix Or Repair Daily, FORD, too many complaints on problems, same for GM equivalents. Drove the Mazda CX5 and fell in love. The 6 speed auto is smooth and really works well. Really tight and quiet ride. I got the Grand Touring AWD, but no tech package. Lots of great options in the price, dual auto climate control, leather seats, backup camera, bluetooth, great radio Bose speakers, 40/20/40 rear seats. And I really like the blind spot warning system especially at night. Also the steering is electronic which changes the steering force as the speed changes also no oily mess from steering fluid, engine does not have a timing belt so no costly repairs down the road. 19" wheels, 8 way electric driver seat. Heated front seats. Push button start. Lots of set up features to tailor the radio, lights, door locks and display to your likes. Size wise compares to Lexus RX350, or BMW X3 but $10,000 less. I'm currently getting 28 MPG 50/50 city highway driving, and seeing 32 MPG for highway with only 850 miles on the engine. Purchased for $1,400 off of list and they tossed in weather floor mats and 1st oil change. The 2014 are coming soon with a 2.4 engine, reduced MPG by 1 mile, more power, but my 2.0 does just fine here in Salt Lake.""

13' CX-5

By on Friday, September 07, 2012

Pros: "Gas mileage , air conditioning, zoom-zoom"

Cons: "Tom Tom navigation system a bit primitive to use."

"What an awesome little SUV. just got done taking my new CX-5 on a road trip up to Northern Arizona with my wife and two boys (pre teens). Got up the Mtn roads with ease. Auto wipers worked great! Suv hugged the road gracefully. Got an avg of 31 mpg after only having vehicle a week. Got the touring model with electronics & nav pkg. dials easy to use. Plenty of room and having three power outlets came in handy to power up the IPods/IPhones & Nintendo DS's. The A/C works great! Cools down quickly and blows enough to easily cool the rear seat passengers quickly. Traded in my Mazda 3 (2008) which I truly loved also but with two boys needed more room for all of us. Plus bottom line, it's fun to drive!"

Great car- very good MPG!

By on Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Pros: "Great pricing compared to comparable vehicles."

Cons: "Needs larger diameter cup holders"

"Traded in our '06 Prius for a CX-5. Lost 14 MPG in the trade, but gained so much more - much less road noise,much more comfort, fun to drive, better handling, blind-spot warning,much better ground clearance, really a good looking vehicle, much better sound system,bluetooth. Recommend this vehicle highly. MPG since driving it off lot is 30.2 on about 50/50 highway and city driving. Plenty of power when asked for."

Great car

By on Sunday, June 17, 2012

Pros: "Best MPG for an AWD model"

Cons: "Not the quickest"

"Bought the Touring Awd model after looking at the Jeep Liberty, Chevy Equinox and the Outback. I narrowed my choice down to the CX-5 and the Outback, they both had good MPG numbers and I felt they both would hold their value and be above average for reliability. I went with the Mazda for a few reasons one it was a few thousand less than the Outback and I have a 2007 Mazda 6 with 105,000 miles on it with absolutely no problems over the last 5 years. I made the right choice the car is great to drive and so far my mileage has been about 30 combined. The only problem I have is it's so new not a lot of aftermarket accessories are available such as a trailer hitch. I' ve ordered it from 2 different manufactures both times being told it would ship only to find out they were manf back ordered. A few things to take note of both I found out after I bought the car, it uses a synthetic oil pushing the recommended oil change to 7,500 miles which is good as the oil is 9.00 a quart. Then if you need to replace the key you are looking at 250.00 tax for a new key. I needed a third key as we had a remote start installed and they needed the key for the installation. The dealer charged me a 145.00 for the fob 49.00 for the metal key and 55.00 to program it. I contacted my local locksmiths and a few online listings only to be told they had no listing for a 2013."