2014 Mazda CX-5 Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $20,344 - $20,909.

10/8.3

Based on 128 Ratings for the 2013 - 2015 models.

Totally Impressed Grand Touring FWD

By on Wednesday, June 20, 2012

"The more I drive it, the more I love it. A smooth ride, quiet, dashboard layout awesome, electronic console easy to use, comfortable front seats, enough space in the back with the seats down for two labrador retrievers, very stylish. I have other drivers on the interstate following and looking, people stop me in the parking lot to ask about the car. Great car!!"

Great car

By on Sunday, June 17, 2012

Pros: "Best MPG for an AWD model"

Cons: "Not the quickest"

"Bought the Touring Awd model after looking at the Jeep Liberty, Chevy Equinox and the Outback. I narrowed my choice down to the CX-5 and the Outback, they both had good MPG numbers and I felt they both would hold their value and be above average for reliability. I went with the Mazda for a few reasons one it was a few thousand less than the Outback and I have a 2007 Mazda 6 with 105,000 miles on it with absolutely no problems over the last 5 years. I made the right choice the car is great to drive and so far my mileage has been about 30 combined. The only problem I have is it's so new not a lot of aftermarket accessories are available such as a trailer hitch. I' ve ordered it from 2 different manufactures both times being told it would ship only to find out they were manf back ordered. A few things to take note of both I found out after I bought the car, it uses a synthetic oil pushing the recommended oil change to 7,500 miles which is good as the oil is 9.00 a quart. Then if you need to replace the key you are looking at 250.00 tax for a new key. I needed a third key as we had a remote start installed and they needed the key for the installation. The dealer charged me a 145.00 for the fob 49.00 for the metal key and 55.00 to program it. I contacted my local locksmiths and a few online listings only to be told they had no listing for a 2013."

Amazing SUV

By on Friday, June 15, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive, amazing mpg and impressive styling!!"

"I bought my Grand Touring CX-5 towards the end of March and have roughly 5,000 miles already. It never fails, my mpg is always 31-32 mpg!! I drive 70 miles round trip through Dallas traffic daily and I can't believe the gas mileage! I was used to driving a cavalier for 7 years so I thought the transition to an SUV would take a bit to get used to. Let me tell you, this SUV drives amazing and rides just like a car. I am in LOVE with everything about this car. The backup camera is awesome, plus there are blind spot monitors on the side mirrors which light up if somebody is in your blind spot and beep at you if you put your blinker on. The radio is HD and the Bose speakers sound amazing! If you are thinking about purchasing this car, go test drive it and your mind will be made up! LOVE IT!"

I Like My Car!

By on Friday, June 08, 2012

Pros: "Great Gas Mileage, Nice Styling, Great Performance"

Cons: "Seats Uncomfortable"

"I looked at a number of cars before settling on the CX5 Touring (Jeep,Equinox,Kia, Hyundai, Nissan, Rav4,CRV). The CRV and CX5 are very close together, the others are not close in MPG. I am currently getting right around 37 MPG Average which has surprised the heck out of me! The car is very basic with no frills other than the backup camera and I added Homelink as an option. If you want real frills get the Grand Touring model. I bought the Sand/Black cloth interior and am concerned about it getting dirty and staining over time. The one major concern I have about the car is the seat comfort. My wife is sitting on a pillow to help with comfort. She says the seats are hard. I am getting used to the seat comfort so it does not bother me as bad (well see about a long trip). Other than the 2 concerns mentioned above we love the car. It is a little under powered, but I would expect that from a 2.0L engine. Mazda really has done a very good job with the engine size/transmission combination. If you want pep you really have to put your foot into it to get it. We are going to tow a PWC behind this vehicle, so we will see what happens to the MPG and performance when we get on the road. The CX5 has the largest towing capacity compared to the other vehicles we looked at. We are happy with the car and glad we bought it. Mazda has done a good job on this vehicle (except for the seat comfort, they need to work on that a little). I would buy the car again in a heart beat."

The car does it all

By on Thursday, June 07, 2012

Pros: "Handles well in the curve"

Cons: "Motor a little noise"

"Bought the car two weeks ago and left on vacation. Did 2200 miles in eight days with 2 adults and 2 children. My wife and I are over 6 feet and the kids just behind, had plenty of room. This was one of the main reasons we bought the car. Blue tooth works great with all three phones and easy to setup. Everything is right there and easy to use. Love the blind spot indicators in side view mirrors. The CX-5 handles like a car and easy to drive. The motor is a little slow but likes to rev. On vacation got 32.6 mpg, averaged 56 mph. Driving 80mph and still was getting 30mpg. Love the CX-5."