2014 Mazda CX-5 Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $20,369 - $20,924.

10/8.3

Based on 128 Ratings for the 2013 - 2015 models.

Update to driver from Salt Lake City

By on Thursday, March 21, 2013

Pros: "Just a great car, test drive one before you decide"

"Well after 2,600 miles everything is going great. The performance is better after the 2,000 mile mark. No problems to date. The last three gas fill-ups used 33 gallons with 921 miles driven, 27.9 miles per gallon in mixed city/highway. This car is very tight and drives like a dream on the highway. I really like the blind spot monitor system and the center rear seat fold down is handy for long items. For you owners with the automatic I found that by shifting to Neutral and pressing the engine off button the radio/blue tooth says on. Then shift into park and you can finish the phone call or radio until you exit. Just push the engine run button twice to completely turn off the car. Added body side molding that is paint color matched, ordered from web site for $125 and installed myself, very easy to do. Also if you deal on this car, get dealer to throw in winter floor mats and rear cargo mat to close deal. Well worth the money."

Tried out, but did not buy

By on Tuesday, March 19, 2013

I don't own this car

Pros: "Nice looks and decent pick up"

Cons: "Costly to get desirable features."

"The lower models are priced decently, but you hit close to $30,000 to get some really desirable ones. Decent small SUV, but make sure you sit in the back seat too. Kids have no problem getting out of the back seat, but the wheel wells are so far forward that an adult has to twist around them to get out. Also, Mazda removed the engine temperature gauge from the dashboard display. I asked the dealer where it went and he said they removed it to save money and replaced it with a trouble light that will turn on if the engine gets too hot. I haven't driven a car without an engine temperature gauge on the dashboard in over 30 years, so this is a step backwards that they should change back."

Perfect for my needs. 2013 Mazda CX-5 Touring AWD

By on Thursday, March 14, 2013

Pros: "MPG, handles like a sedan, simple but high tech"

Cons: "Who forgot to put a light in the rear cargo area?"

"I love my Mazda! I've worked with a car rental company and have driven pretty much all the competition. I love the interior. It's simple, clean, and high tech without a million touch buttons like the new Ford Escape. (my Dad always said, "Keep it simple, Stupid.") I get MPG in the mid 20's around town and in the low 30's on the highway. The blind spot monitors, rear view camera, and bluetooth have already been life savers. The standard sound system in the Touring has been impressive as well (I get much better sound quality through my mp3 player than the radio). The handling really is awesome. It corners like a sporty sedan. The steering feels great and there isn't any tire squeal if you have to make a fast left turn (Who doesn't go faster to make a yellow turn signal?). This SUV is silent around turns my old Corolla would be squealing through. The AWD has been surefooted in the snow as well. The inside really is bigger than it looks from the outside. I'm 6'2" and fit comfortably (but a person needs to be shorter to sit comfortably behind me). There's tons of room for cargo with the seats down. I just moved a washing machine with plenty of room to spare. I love the materials and layout but my only dislike is about the interior lighting. Who forgot to put a light in the rear cargo area? Everything else is awesome except that it can be hard to see your cargo in the dark. If you fold the seats down, the light over the middle seats is enough to see the back. That said, I love my Mazda. Its a nearly perfect machine that's perfect for my needs :)"

Great car - with two issues

By on Wednesday, March 06, 2013

Pros: "Great price, fun to drive, attractive, roomy"

Cons: "Underpowered, headrests not designed for women"

"This is my third Mazda and I LOVE IT! It's comfortable to drive, handles very well and gets great gas mileage for an SUV. It's an attractive vehicle inside and out and the dog loves riding in the back! I do have two issues with it though. It's underpowered. Not by a whole lot, but when you're used to driving a manual, small car - it's an adjustment. I had an intake installed and the power boost is great. Also, the head rest clearly wasn't designed for a woman. By that I mean, it's uncomfortable to wear my hair up and sit in the car. I've tried adjusting it every which way. I think I finally have it right - I tilt the seat back ever so slightly when I have my hair up. I know it's silly, but you have to live with a car choice for a long time and ladies need the facts."

test drove very disappointed!

By on Tuesday, March 05, 2013

I don't own this car

Pros: "looks good, smooth engine on flat ground or slight"

Cons: "see above"

"Test drove a 2013 CX-5 Sunday in Spokane, WA and was very disappointed as I used to love Mazda. Fob only, no key which I have seen fail multiple times in last few years as a Recreation Planner leaving drivers stranded. Side Mirrors causes huge blind spots. Downshifting ineffective and extremely noisy. Couldn't hold gear or speed on Freya, a short steep hill. More expensive then similar basic vehicles that have more basic options. Was quite andcomfortable going on flat ground or uphill."