• 2014 Compact SUV Buyer's Guide

2014 Mazda CX-5 Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $20,574 - $21,079.

10/8.3

Based on 121 Ratings for the 2013 - 2015 models.

Perfect for my needs. 2013 Mazda CX-5 Touring AWD

By on Thursday, March 14, 2013

Pros: "MPG, handles like a sedan, simple but high tech"

Cons: "Who forgot to put a light in the rear cargo area?"

"I love my Mazda! I've worked with a car rental company and have driven pretty much all the competition. I love the interior. It's simple, clean, and high tech without a million touch buttons like the new Ford Escape. (my Dad always said, "Keep it simple, Stupid.") I get MPG in the mid 20's around town and in the low 30's on the highway. The blind spot monitors, rear view camera, and bluetooth have already been life savers. The standard sound system in the Touring has been impressive as well (I get much better sound quality through my mp3 player than the radio). The handling really is awesome. It corners like a sporty sedan. The steering feels great and there isn't any tire squeal if you have to make a fast left turn (Who doesn't go faster to make a yellow turn signal?). This SUV is silent around turns my old Corolla would be squealing through. The AWD has been surefooted in the snow as well. The inside really is bigger than it looks from the outside. I'm 6'2" and fit comfortably (but a person needs to be shorter to sit comfortably behind me). There's tons of room for cargo with the seats down. I just moved a washing machine with plenty of room to spare. I love the materials and layout but my only dislike is about the interior lighting. Who forgot to put a light in the rear cargo area? Everything else is awesome except that it can be hard to see your cargo in the dark. If you fold the seats down, the light over the middle seats is enough to see the back. That said, I love my Mazda. Its a nearly perfect machine that's perfect for my needs :)"

Great car - with two issues

By on Wednesday, March 06, 2013

Pros: "Great price, fun to drive, attractive, roomy"

Cons: "Underpowered, headrests not designed for women"

"This is my third Mazda and I LOVE IT! It's comfortable to drive, handles very well and gets great gas mileage for an SUV. It's an attractive vehicle inside and out and the dog loves riding in the back! I do have two issues with it though. It's underpowered. Not by a whole lot, but when you're used to driving a manual, small car - it's an adjustment. I had an intake installed and the power boost is great. Also, the head rest clearly wasn't designed for a woman. By that I mean, it's uncomfortable to wear my hair up and sit in the car. I've tried adjusting it every which way. I think I finally have it right - I tilt the seat back ever so slightly when I have my hair up. I know it's silly, but you have to live with a car choice for a long time and ladies need the facts."

test drove very disappointed!

By on Tuesday, March 05, 2013

I don't own this car

Pros: "looks good, smooth engine on flat ground or slight"

Cons: "see above"

"Test drove a 2013 CX-5 Sunday in Spokane, WA and was very disappointed as I used to love Mazda. Fob only, no key which I have seen fail multiple times in last few years as a Recreation Planner leaving drivers stranded. Side Mirrors causes huge blind spots. Downshifting ineffective and extremely noisy. Couldn't hold gear or speed on Freya, a short steep hill. More expensive then similar basic vehicles that have more basic options. Was quite andcomfortable going on flat ground or uphill."

Bought the Grand touring two weeks ago.

By on Monday, March 04, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive, quality construction,plenty of power"

"I bought my first Mazda in 2008. That was a Miata Grand Touring. I loved that car, but after moving back to Salt Lake city from Phoenix, I realized that I needed all-wheel drive. The Miata was not fun in heavy snow! I test drove CR-V's, Foresters, Escapes, a sportage and a bunch of others but the best out of all of them is the 2014 CX-5 Grand Touring with the 2.5 engine. This drives more like my Miata did then like a crossover! This is the best handling and most comfortable crossover that I have driven.I have the power sunroof, so it's "almost" like my MX-5 ...Mazda did so well with this one that I cannot think of anything else that I would want to add to it! This CX-5 rocks!"

Good car

By on Saturday, March 02, 2013

Pros: "2.5 is peppy. Styling is good. Feels solid."

Cons: "wish it were a few inches wider."

"The car is solid. I do wish it were a little wider. With car seat installed there really isn't enough room for two in the back. I've accepted that, but Escape is more than 8 inches wider. Wish the car (touring) had auto headlights (the kind that turn on and off with the car) feels like a real miss in car as refined feeling as this. Also wish the glass on rear hatch opened, it makes a real difference when your trying to cram as much stuff as possible into the back. To be clear I'm nit picking a bit, the car is great so far. Actually one last bit of info, the high belt line makes for small windows in the back and a poor view for a shorter rear passenger. My wife is 5' 2" and can barely see out."