2014 Mazda CX-5 Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $20,539 - $21,046.

10/8.3

Based on 120 Ratings for the 2013 - 2015 models.

Previous | 1 ... 22 23 24 | Next

I Like My Car!

By on Friday, June 08, 2012

Pros: "Great Gas Mileage, Nice Styling, Great Performance"

Cons: "Seats Uncomfortable"

"I looked at a number of cars before settling on the CX5 Touring (Jeep,Equinox,Kia, Hyundai, Nissan, Rav4,CRV). The CRV and CX5 are very close together, the others are not close in MPG. I am currently getting right around 37 MPG Average which has surprised the heck out of me! The car is very basic with no frills other than the backup camera and I added Homelink as an option. If you want real frills get the Grand Touring model. I bought the Sand/Black cloth interior and am concerned about it getting dirty and staining over time. The one major concern I have about the car is the seat comfort. My wife is sitting on a pillow to help with comfort. She says the seats are hard. I am getting used to the seat comfort so it does not bother me as bad (well see about a long trip). Other than the 2 concerns mentioned above we love the car. It is a little under powered, but I would expect that from a 2.0L engine. Mazda really has done a very good job with the engine size/transmission combination. If you want pep you really have to put your foot into it to get it. We are going to tow a PWC behind this vehicle, so we will see what happens to the MPG and performance when we get on the road. The CX5 has the largest towing capacity compared to the other vehicles we looked at. We are happy with the car and glad we bought it. Mazda has done a good job on this vehicle (except for the seat comfort, they need to work on that a little). I would buy the car again in a heart beat."

The car does it all

By on Thursday, June 07, 2012

Pros: "Handles well in the curve"

Cons: "Motor a little noise"

"Bought the car two weeks ago and left on vacation. Did 2200 miles in eight days with 2 adults and 2 children. My wife and I are over 6 feet and the kids just behind, had plenty of room. This was one of the main reasons we bought the car. Blue tooth works great with all three phones and easy to setup. Everything is right there and easy to use. Love the blind spot indicators in side view mirrors. The CX-5 handles like a car and easy to drive. The motor is a little slow but likes to rev. On vacation got 32.6 mpg, averaged 56 mph. Driving 80mph and still was getting 30mpg. Love the CX-5."

Impressed

By on Friday, June 01, 2012

Pros: "MPG, Handling, Size"

Cons: "Not enough power, Bose speakers"

"Husband and I decided we only needed one car but had a hard time choosing one. We wanted something fuel efficient, dog friendly and would be good for a family. We gave up a Mustang and a Charger for the CX5. We miss the power but can't believe the mpg. I drive in NYC traffic everyday and get over 27 mpg. It handles really well. We have a lot more room in a much much smaller package. Parking is so easy. I won't say I am in love with this car but it is definitely great and I am happy with our choice. This is my first non-American made car and I am truly impressed. This summer we plan to use it to cross the country and I can't wait to see the mpg. My only complaint is that I hate Bose speakers and you are forced to purchase them if you want a moonroof."

A jaded New Yorker is truly impressed

By on Sunday, May 27, 2012

Pros: "simple yet lux interior, fun to drive, steering"

Cons: "merging onto fast highways from standstill in nyc"

"At only 3 inches longer then our old and loved 2006 mazda3 We are amazed by the comfort and ride quality and fun of the cx-5. The road noise was always an issue for me with the 3 and I think if the road noise was a 7-8 out of 10 on the 3 this would be a 3-4. The shocks are firm but you don't feel jarred. the cx-5 corners beautifully. The electronics are very good. I am never super impressed by the bose car systems .. i give this a 7 or 8 out of 10 for sound but a 9 for ease of use. The seats are so comfy and the lumbar and adjustably in the grand touring is awesome. I love this car so much that I am writing a review. My only issue is the acceleration from 0-20 mph or so.. after 2 or 3rd gear it really torques nicely but from a standstill trying to merge onto a nasty nyc highway could use a bit more power.. but honestly everything else is just amazing. we hope to have this car a long time ( or at least till the diesel comes ) ;) thanks mazda for a winner . we love you!"

Very well designed,excellent city/ highway avg mpg

By on Sunday, May 27, 2012

Pros: "Great handling, outstanding design, suberb mpg"

Cons: "No option for automatic lift hatch"

"I have owned this Mazda CX 5 for about 3 months and have been very impressed with the overall quality and outstanding driving characteristics. The CX 5 handles and feels very nimble, much like a sports car. I do a lot of in town and highway driving and this CX 5 averages almost 31 mpg. This is a very high average for non-hybrid models. On long highway trips I often get 34-35 mpg with an automatic transmission. This is a great, roomy, versatile crossover that gently sips fuel."

Previous | 1 ... 22 23 24 | Next