2014 Mazda CX-5 Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $20,681 - $21,252.

10/8.3

Based on 136 Ratings for the 2013 - 2016 models.

Love it so far!

By on Friday, May 10, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive, handles nicely, roomy for this size"

Cons: "Interior shows dirt terribly, not all that plush"

"I purchased the 2014 Touring, I went to purchase a 2013 Sport, but when I arrived at the dealership I was given some bizzare explanation about how they couldn't sell the 2013 because their incentives from Mazda were about to run out....it felt a little like a bait & switch, but I really liked the vehicle. I've got less than 500 miles but I'm averaging 28 plus MPG back and forth to work-Shenandoah Valley of VA, so will get to really test out the AWD in the winter. It is tons of fun to drive, I went from an 11 year old V-6 Jeep Liberty to this, so there is a ton of difference. While I was used to more power, the CX-5 is peppy enough and the gas mileage really does make up for it. I didn't think I'd ever use the bluetooth since I'm not very tech oriented, but I have set it up and used it a few times so it might come in handy. The backup camera is nice for parking in tight spaces but you can get almost to that point if you know how to drive with your mirrors anyway. I feel like I got a fair price on what I purchased and if it lasts me 10 years without any major issues, I will be pleased."

I absolutely love this car!

By on Tuesday, May 07, 2013

Pros: "awesome to drive! beautiful inside and out"

Cons: "no heated seats was kind of a bummer"

"This is my first brand new car. I test drove Kia, Hyundai, which were nice, but the car dealers were brutal! My friend at the Mazda dealership knew exactly what I was looking for and had the car out front for me when I arrived the next day. I test drove it, and knew this was the car for me. it drives like a dream. I love the push button start, and bluetooth feature. it is so quiet, I didnt realize I had gotten out of the car without turning the engine off, and was thankful that it would not allow me to lock the door without turning the car off. Its a beautiful midnight blue with tan interior. I would definately buy another Mazda when the time comes!"

2013 CX-5: Grinning

By on Monday, May 06, 2013

Pros: "Great value; drives like a dream"

Cons: "Bluetooth needs a little work to upload contacts"

"Needed to upgrade from my two-seat truck to a vehicle with more passenger room to shuttle kids around, and also to head up to the mountains and hold kids and camping gear. My previous vehicles were all pretty basic so I also wanted some upgrades (Bluetooth being the biggest). I really like manual transmissions, however only the Sport model had it and only in FWD - non-starter here in CO. I test drove the AWD Touring model, and immediately smiled when they showed me the "manual" mode. It's the best of both worlds - Automatic for city driving, manual for mountain roads. Still early, but it has plenty of pep when asked for. The Bluetooth package is pretty good, though it has a few bugs - it only picked up about 1/3 of my phones contacts - found an app for my phone to fix it though, so that was a little disappointing. Other than that, it was really easy to pair my phone to the car. The Navigation package and moon roof are nice extras. The Bose speakers are a nice perk too (Kashmir by Led Zeppelin sounds really good). I love the blind spot monitor and the rear view monitor (especially with kids around the neighborhood). Overall, it drives like a car with the utility and space of a larger SUV. Absolutely the right mix for me plus a few extras that make it a blast to drive."

Great Vehicle

By on Monday, May 06, 2013

Pros: "handeling, gas mileage"

Cons: "Navigation doesn't hear voice commands accurately"

"Proud owners of a new 2013 Mazda CX-5. We have logged 400+ miles in the last week and are very pleased. Probably the greatest features for us have been the handeling and the gas mileage. The seats don't seem to be the most comfortable however we haven't found a newer vehicle that has comfortable seats. Looked in a couple of stores for the 0w-20 synthetic oil and only found 2 quarts! Looks like we will have to use the dealership for oil changes which will mean $$$$$$."

Looking for a Mazda 6 but bought the CX-5

By on Monday, April 22, 2013

Pros: "Great drive, peppy engine, and great design"

Cons: "Navigation not included on Touring Package"

"Went to Mazda looking to buy a Mazda 6 that would replace my Nissan Altima that my son inherited. I have always wanted to own a Mazda but never could convince my wife to go look at them. Finally got her on the lot and she instantly started looking at the CX-5 and loved it. I did not realize the 2014 models were on lots and knew that the new model had the 2.5 liter 185 horse engine that is shared with the Mazda 6. Once I convinced the wife to get the Touring instead of the Sport edition I was stoked. Never driven a CUV that drives like a sporty car. This CUV does. The drive is what won me over and the wife liked the design. Every car/SUV has it's shortcomings and this is no exception. Navigation should be on the Touring but you have to buy the Tech package or pay $700 more for it. I also am not a fan of the center console air vents. They need to be a touch higher on the dash. At 6'1" the air hits me under the chin instead of blowing directly in my face. I love the design and the drive. The dash materials also impress me and I like how Mazda throws in a splash of stainless steel to accent certain parts of the vehicle. Seating is high so you get a good look at the road and the CUV does not have a blind spot like my older SUV does. Overall I am very pleased with this CUV and compared it to the Honda CRV, Toyota Rav 4, and Ford Excape and prefer it over all of them. I hope to get 10+ years out of this neat little CUV."