2014 Mazda CX-5 Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $21,096 - $21,449.

10/8.3

Based on 101 Ratings for the 2013 - 2015 models.

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25

Excellent gas mileage and driving experience!

By on Tuesday, October 02, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive and great gas mileage"

Cons: "none so far"

"Really surprised with city gas mileage. I primarily use this SUV for daily office commute which is about two miles (round trip). For this kind distance I am getting close to 26+ mpg city (with my 2005 accord I was getting only about 18-19 mpg). The City+highway average is comes to about 28 mpg (I didn't travel much on highways). Moreover it is easy to maneuver and fun to drive. Really happy to own this vehicle."

13' CX-5

By on Friday, September 07, 2012

Pros: "Gas mileage , air conditioning, zoom-zoom"

Cons: "Tom Tom navigation system a bit primitive to use."

"What an awesome little SUV. just got done taking my new CX-5 on a road trip up to Northern Arizona with my wife and two boys (pre teens). Got up the Mtn roads with ease. Auto wipers worked great! Suv hugged the road gracefully. Got an avg of 31 mpg after only having vehicle a week. Got the touring model with electronics & nav pkg. dials easy to use. Plenty of room and having three power outlets came in handy to power up the IPods/IPhones & Nintendo DS's. The A/C works great! Cools down quickly and blows enough to easily cool the rear seat passengers quickly. Traded in my Mazda 3 (2008) which I truly loved also but with two boys needed more room for all of us. Plus bottom line, it's fun to drive!"

LOVE LOVE LOVE

By on Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Pros: "gas mileage, sporty look, interior"

Cons: "none!"

"I was searching for a crossover.. coming from a Mazda 3I. I needed more space.. but didn't have the budget to afford a big SUV nor did I want the low gas mileage that the bigger SUVs offered. I looked at the Honda CRV, Toyota Rav4, Hyundai SanteFe, Ford Explorer and the Kia Sorento. I wasn't crazy about any one them and found them to be mediocre. I didn't like that I had to buy 2-3 levels up either to get some of the options I wanted. I loved my Mazda 3 and never had any problems with it.. So I went to the Mazda dealership and test drove the 2013 CX-5. I fell in love with it immediately. It had all the features I wanted and were looking for and the gas mileage was simply unbeatable by any other manufacturer. I love the sporty look and the interior. I ended up purchasing the Touring with the Bose/sunroof package. I have never been happier with my decision and look forward to driving every day now. I would highly recommend test driving this car... I also plan on going back to purchase the Navi. Not sure why I turned it down originally but the price is decent, and I shall be going back shortly to get it installed."

What a dud. Biggest mistake I ever made in

By on Tuesday, August 07, 2012

Pros: "Drives and handles like all other crossovers"

Cons: "Do not add options from dealership."

"purchasing a vehicle. A C goes from cold to warm when I accelerate from 0 to 30. Dealership said nothing is wrong and that I should be using the recycle option and not the fresh air cycle. That is crazy. Never had problem with any other auto. The CX 5 is a nice looking vehicle, but also looks like several other manufactured crossovers."

Brilliant

By on Monday, July 23, 2012

Pros: "Great drive, layout, economy, just fun to drive"

Cons: "I can't think of any thing yet"

"Just purchased new CX 5, alredy done 1000+ miles, and all I can say, is great, no brilliant, no excellent, no unbelievable fantastic economy, driving experience, handles better than the ultimate driving machine, in fact this is the ultimate driving machine, not the other thing that costs an arm and a leg and everything else. GO Mazda"

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25