2014 Mazda CX-5 Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $20,772 - $21,315.

10/8.3

Based on 146 Ratings for the 2013 - 2016 models.

Very comfortablen and fun to drive

By on Monday, December 23, 2013

"Read many reviews and looked at a number of vehicles. Was torn between another sedan and an SUV. Wanted the storage space of SUV and sitting higher. Appearance is great. Like the styling of the front end, wheels, and rear is ok. Interior is very nice. Dashboard is well laid out with controls located conveniently. Dashboard material is plush and appointments are nice. Even like the cloth seats which in most vehicles I don't like. Rear seat is smaller than some but I knew that up front. Would be ideal to have a bit more leg room in back. Front seat comfort, leg roon, and height is great. Transmission shifts very smooth. Acceleration is great; even in hilly areas. Cruise control is smooth. Wish it had automatic headlights. Radio controls and bluetooth works well. Music streams wirelessly. HD radio sound is noticeably better than standard radio. The speakers don't seem to have as much high end clarity as I would have expected but are suitable. Seating position is great. Higher than a sedan but lower than a large truck. Getting in and out of the vehicle is easy. I compared to a Toyota Tundra and getting in and out was a chore. MPG avearage is 29.5. I traded a G35 for this vehicle and was concerned I was stepping down. No worries; it is very comfortable and fun to drive and I do not notice any loss of acceleration. Would definitely buy again."

Car and Driver operating as one unit

By on Thursday, December 19, 2013

Pros: "Handling, Smooth shift, great takeoff, comfort."

Cons: "no all around camera"

"This SUV/CUV feels amazing in the handling. In the business I am in I can drive whatever I want, And the way this SUV handles and accelerates is nothing shy of AMAZING! I couldnt believe this was a 4 cylinder.. upon some research I found that SKYACTIV engines are the secret to this unique performance. the car apparently runs at a 13:1 combustion ration which is the same ratio as a race car, no honda or toyota comes anywhere close. As kids we used to put headers on our cars and alter the engine to make them faster, NO need here because it already has one.. I am in sheer amazement at how this car drives and handles. CRV was nice but I will not be going back to the CRV with its confused feeling CVT transmission."

Worst mistake ever

By on Monday, November 25, 2013

Pros: "looked good at first"

Cons: "Paint. Power. Fuel efficiency. Worst service."

"I have 9000 miles on it. Can't get MPG any higher than 25 - on interstate driving with cruise control. Floor panel on center console keeps falling out. Heater doesn't warm the car well even after 20 minutes. The front fascia, bumper, and forward hood are riddled with white pock marks (over dark blue paint). The paint is so thin that my fingernails scratch it. The dealer won't stand behind the paint, Mazda Customer service closed my complaint after altering the facts. The service manager accused me of sandblasting the paint by "following construction vehicles." It looks like sandpaper on the front end and not a year old. FORGET MAZDA. I'll take my Jeep or Honda again any day."

Have been very pleased so far with our CX 5 GT

By on Saturday, November 16, 2013

Pros: "Gas Mileage Head turing good looks fun to drive"

Cons: "Bigger map pockets Wind noise"

"Our LZZ "Little Zoom Zoom" has been a joy to own and drive. Great gas mileage very spirited performance and handeling. Yes the ride is a little jumpy at times,the map pockets are a little small. I suspect Mazda will take many of these suggestions from owners and make some changes on future models....Dear Mazda: Paddle shifters would be fun!!! We love our "LZZ""

Love it!

By on Thursday, November 14, 2013

Pros: "good gas mileage, stylish, edgy, fun to drive"

Cons: "no light in trunk"

"I am a third time Mazda owner, actually fourth! I got my first Mazda when Mazda6 first came out. This one is a 2014 and I have had it since May. I love it. It is great. There are certainly a few things I would change, but nothing major. The biggest thing that irks me on this car is that there is no light in the trunk. Other than that everything is pretty much to my liking. There is a ton of place in the car and it's very comfortable."