2014 Mazda CX-5 Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $20,369 - $20,924.

10/8.3

Based on 128 Ratings for the 2013 - 2015 models.

Test Drive the CX5 before you settle

By on Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Pros: "Gas Mileage, FUN to drive, Bose Speakers"

Cons: "Turbo Please"

"I owned a 2001 Toyota Tacoma and was hard pressed to find a replacement vehicle. My needs were to find a vehicle that was fun, comfortable, fuel efficient, stylish, spacious, and an excellent value. I have to say that this CX5 fit nearly perfect compared to other crossovers and small SUVs for the price. I got the Grand Touring with the Technology Package and am loving the amenities from the Bose speakers, bigger wheels, and moon roof. Going from a V6 to a 4 Cylinder was a challenge but the Mazda CX5 for such a small SUV does have power when I need it which is adequate for my needs. The other bonus is the gas. Going from 15mpg to an average of 31mpg on regular gas is great considering I drive 70+ miles round trip 4-5 days a week."

My Second CX-5

By on Saturday, November 29, 2014

Pros: "Great MPG-Lots of Options-Great Price-Fun Car"

Cons: "None that I've found"

"I bought a 2013 Touring with Tech Package in Dec 2012. I traded an 04 CRV. I have 19000 miles on that car now.I have never gotten less than 29MPG in city driving. I researched small SUV's extensively before I bought the CX-5. Mazda was the only mfg offering all the options I wanted in the price line I wanted. I love the car. No complaints. We've taken it on 2 vacations 1500+ miles. Nav is great the MPG avg 34+ on the interstate. That model has the 155 hp engine but that hasn't proven to be a problem even when driving in the mountains of east TN. Just got home from the dealer. I traded my wife's 2005 Maxima for 2015 CX-5 Grand Touring with Tech Package. I have never owned two of the same model cars in my life, but buying my second CX-5 was a no brainer for us. Then 2015 has a 184hp engine and the car probably needed the additional HP. I obviously think the CX-5 is the best small SUV on the market."

good overall vehicle

By on Sunday, November 23, 2014

Pros: "great rear storage"

Cons: "poor placement of electric seat adjustments"

"After previously owning a CX7, I miss the additional space & elbow room. My CX5 has an uncomfortable driver's seat. The automatic seat needs to be readjusted nearly every time I get in. Many navigation issues initially which were difficult to resolve due to poor Mazda customer service. Now I have periodic issues with TomTom "searching for satellite signal" which is quite irritating since I only use it when it's needed. Due to navigation issues, I wouldn't buy this car again. Safe and reliable, the CX5 drives well in MN winters. Rear cargo is wider than other crossovers, I can easily get my child's wagon in and out of rear."

Most fun vehicle to drive.

By on Thursday, November 13, 2014

"Excellent fit and finish with user friendly controls. Of all vehicles I have owned(too many to count) I give the CX5 a 10."

I love this vehicle!

By on Tuesday, November 04, 2014

"I have owned 2 Grand Cherokees and I love those! I was going to buy a new Grand Cherokee but they are so much larger now and they have built them to be so complicated with so many extras--too much to study! The gas mileage was also not as good as I wanted. I test drove all of the mid-sized SUVs or Crossovers. The Mazda CX5 beat all of them! It is smaller, which is what I wanted and it drives great with great gas mileage! It also has all of the bells and whistles of all of the new vehicles but I don't have to constantly check the manual to find out how something works!! It is fun to drive! I feel like I am driving a sports car! The price is really great, too! I got everything I wanted in a vehicle and more!!!"

nice car

By on Friday, October 31, 2014

Pros: "HANDLES AND DIVES GREAT EXCELLANT MPG.."

Cons: "SHORT WARRANTY NO AUTO HEADLIGHTS DRIVER SEAT"

"rides well. mpg in town 25-28 hwy at 75 26 to 32 mpg plenty of room inside too. seat is a bit narrow for americans and the headlights are not automatic. warranty is stingy , but I haven't used it at all. resale appears TO BE EXCELLANT TOO"

Car drives great

By on Thursday, October 30, 2014

Pros: "comfortable, great steering, great look"

Cons: "placement of time on dashboard"

"Just bought the 2015 maxda cx-5 touring trim. I test drove many vehicles and it came down to this vehicle driving the smoothest, along with high quality steering control, interior and exterior design, and sound system. For a compact SUV this vehicle gets very good MPG. Also, the cars steering control was by far the most outstanding feature i liked with this car. The steering makes you feel like you have full control without the tipping feeling off a sharp turn that I felt with most other makes for compact SUVs. The one thing i think needs to be worked on is the dashboard. The dashboard is very nice, but the placement of the time is a little low and forces you to take your eyes off the road when looking at the time. Overall the rest of the dashboard is nice, it is not over the edge in technology which i liked. Also the trunk is a pretty ideal size, I am a skier and a snowboarded and i did not need a roof rack because the middle seat can go down and you can still fit 4 people in the car on the way to a trip without feeling crammed. I also sat in the back seat just to see how my guests would feel, and the leg room is perfect. I am 6' and had more than enough leg room with my driver seat pushed back all the way."

Terrible Infotainment System

By on Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Pros: "Nice styling. Good handling dynamics."

Cons: "The worst premium infotainment system. Ever."

2015 Mazda CX-5 GT AWD

"I have a top-of-the-line, 2015 CX-5 GT AWD with Technology Package and Bose stereo system. If you must buy this vehicle, do yourself a favor and skip the Bose and the Tom Tom navigation. It is ridiculously inferior to other automakers' premium audio/navigation offerings. Mazda has been criticized for this system (in both the CX-5 and the 6 sedan), but it does nothing. The sound from the Bose system is mediocre, at best. The navigation system is slow and buggy. The iPod interface is a joke. Please take the time to try the system, thoroughly, before opting to purchase. Had I known, I would have bought the base stereo and upgraded to a quality system after delivery or skipped this vehicle, altogether."

2015 Mazda CX-5 GT AWD

Mazda CX5

By on Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Pros: "Drives well, looks good."

Cons: "Uncomfortable seats, hard to see out back window"

"First purchase of a Mazda. What I like is the ease of driving, the body style, the blind spot feature, Bluetooth, and the automatic seat control from the back hatch. What I don't like is that the seats are very uncomfortable, particularly the bottom but the head rest too; it is difficult to see out of the back window, had to remove the head rests to see; the cup holders in the front seat are too close together, a flared cup hits the top of a second cup and knocks the lids off; there is no cargo cover in the back as a standard feature as it was in my Toyota; the clock is too low, it should be somewhere in the upper screen. There could be more door storage. I also hear more outside noise than in my Highlander."

best mileage ever for small SUV

By on Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Pros: "mileage and dependability"

Cons: "slower and rougher ride than CX-7"

"I bought this car after owning the CX-7, since I wanted to increase my mileage. My mileage went from 27 to 33, but I went from a slightly larger SUV to a smaller one. I had the peppier 2.5 liter on the CX-7, now I have a 2.0. It is less peppy, but I wanted the better mileage. The CX-7 is better on every aspect, except mileage. I would like to see the CX-7 with a slightly smaller engine, but add a turbo for increased mileage and performance. The CX-7 has a better interior, better accessories and more room and a better smoother ride."