2014 Mazda CX-5 Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $20,369 - $20,924.

10/8.3

Based on 128 Ratings for the 2013 - 2015 models.

Test Drive the CX5 before you settle

By on Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Pros: "Gas Mileage, FUN to drive, Bose Speakers"

Cons: "Turbo Please"

"I owned a 2001 Toyota Tacoma and was hard pressed to find a replacement vehicle. My needs were to find a vehicle that was fun, comfortable, fuel efficient, stylish, spacious, and an excellent value. I have to say that this CX5 fit nearly perfect compared to other crossovers and small SUVs for the price. I got the Grand Touring with the Technology Package and am loving the amenities from the Bose speakers, bigger wheels, and moon roof. Going from a V6 to a 4 Cylinder was a challenge but the Mazda CX5 for such a small SUV does have power when I need it which is adequate for my needs. The other bonus is the gas. Going from 15mpg to an average of 31mpg on regular gas is great considering I drive 70+ miles round trip 4-5 days a week."

My Second CX-5

By on Saturday, November 29, 2014

Pros: "Great MPG-Lots of Options-Great Price-Fun Car"

Cons: "None that I've found"

"I bought a 2013 Touring with Tech Package in Dec 2012. I traded an 04 CRV. I have 19000 miles on that car now.I have never gotten less than 29MPG in city driving. I researched small SUV's extensively before I bought the CX-5. Mazda was the only mfg offering all the options I wanted in the price line I wanted. I love the car. No complaints. We've taken it on 2 vacations 1500+ miles. Nav is great the MPG avg 34+ on the interstate. That model has the 155 hp engine but that hasn't proven to be a problem even when driving in the mountains of east TN. Just got home from the dealer. I traded my wife's 2005 Maxima for 2015 CX-5 Grand Touring with Tech Package. I have never owned two of the same model cars in my life, but buying my second CX-5 was a no brainer for us. Then 2015 has a 184hp engine and the car probably needed the additional HP. I obviously think the CX-5 is the best small SUV on the market."

good overall vehicle

By on Sunday, November 23, 2014

Pros: "great rear storage"

Cons: "poor placement of electric seat adjustments"

"After previously owning a CX7, I miss the additional space & elbow room. My CX5 has an uncomfortable driver's seat. The automatic seat needs to be readjusted nearly every time I get in. Many navigation issues initially which were difficult to resolve due to poor Mazda customer service. Now I have periodic issues with TomTom "searching for satellite signal" which is quite irritating since I only use it when it's needed. Due to navigation issues, I wouldn't buy this car again. Safe and reliable, the CX5 drives well in MN winters. Rear cargo is wider than other crossovers, I can easily get my child's wagon in and out of rear."

Most fun vehicle to drive.

By on Thursday, November 13, 2014

"Excellent fit and finish with user friendly controls. Of all vehicles I have owned(too many to count) I give the CX5 a 10."

I love this vehicle!

By on Tuesday, November 04, 2014

"I have owned 2 Grand Cherokees and I love those! I was going to buy a new Grand Cherokee but they are so much larger now and they have built them to be so complicated with so many extras--too much to study! The gas mileage was also not as good as I wanted. I test drove all of the mid-sized SUVs or Crossovers. The Mazda CX5 beat all of them! It is smaller, which is what I wanted and it drives great with great gas mileage! It also has all of the bells and whistles of all of the new vehicles but I don't have to constantly check the manual to find out how something works!! It is fun to drive! I feel like I am driving a sports car! The price is really great, too! I got everything I wanted in a vehicle and more!!!"