2013 Mazda CX-5

Based on 131 Ratings for the 2013 - 2015 models.

Great car, highway mileage below expectations

By on Wednesday, January 28, 2015

"I tried every car out there before buying this SUV (traded in a 2014 Accord) and thought that this was the best value out there. I even liked it better than the BMW and Acura. I was impressed with the quality of the ride and the smooth transmission. It is really fun to drive, it has a relatively quiet interior, and uses regular gas. The drivers seat is very comfortable. What I don't like is that I'm only getting 27 mpg highway driving at 70 with cruise control most of the way. I expected at least 30 mpg. In the city, I'm getting about 26.0, paying attention to upcoming stop lights and using all the tricks available to increase mileage. I bought the Grand Touring model without the Nav/tech package since I'm happy with my 6" portable unit. Black interior--the beige was not offered with my color exterior. A few things they should change-- the instrumentation panel (really too small and slow, put the clock where you can see it, add lumbar support and electronic controls on the front passenger seat, add a subwoofer and small upper tweeter to the sound system (which is pretty good anyway), redesign the back headrests (I had to remove them to be able to see out the back window). Offer the beige interior with more exterior colors. Put a bit more soundproofing material in the doors/floor. That said, I love driving this car and am really happy I bought it."

LOVE THIS CAR!

By on Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Pros: "Fuel economy, awesome to drive, great in snow"

Cons: "Interior compartments could be a little better"

"I am a constant car buyer. As soon as I see some new style car, I sell whatever I'm driving and buy it. I've never owned a car for more than 3 years, because I get bored. The lease on my CX-5 is up in December and as terrible a financial decision it is to do, I am seriously considering buying this car. I love it! I love everything about it. It drives so smoothly and feels like a sporty little car, with the convenience and safety of an SUV. It's super comfortable and has tons of room, not to mention the Bose stereo and moon roof (but that's a separate package on the middle Touring model). The best part is how AWESOME it is in the snow, which we get a lot of in the Northeast. I have owned 7 brand new cars in 20 years, everything from convertibles to SUVs and this car is by far and away the best in the snow. And with the Skyactiv technology, the gas mileage is awesome! Love this car!"

We've very happy with this car.

By on Monday, January 12, 2015

Pros: "AWD is great in snow and it's fun to drive."

"We bought a 2015 Mazda CX5 with all-wheel-drive and really like the car. We got 29 MPG on a long trip and it seems to be about 24 MPG for all around driving. The seats are just a little more firm that we prefer but are still comfortable. Memory seats would be nice to have. The engine has plenty of power and we drive in the mountains a lot. I'm not sure if I like feature where the headlights move as you turn a corner. They take a little getting used to. I wouldn't mind having another 12 volt accessory outlet or small 110volt inverter in the back seat area. The lighting isn't too good in the rear cargo area either. The audio is good from the Bose speakers. It's a fun car to drive and it looks good too."

Test Drive the CX5 before you settle

By on Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Pros: "Gas Mileage, FUN to drive, Bose Speakers"

Cons: "Turbo Please"

"I owned a 2001 Toyota Tacoma and was hard pressed to find a replacement vehicle. My needs were to find a vehicle that was fun, comfortable, fuel efficient, stylish, spacious, and an excellent value. I have to say that this CX5 fit nearly perfect compared to other crossovers and small SUVs for the price. I got the Grand Touring with the Technology Package and am loving the amenities from the Bose speakers, bigger wheels, and moon roof. Going from a V6 to a 4 Cylinder was a challenge but the Mazda CX5 for such a small SUV does have power when I need it which is adequate for my needs. The other bonus is the gas. Going from 15mpg to an average of 31mpg on regular gas is great considering I drive 70+ miles round trip 4-5 days a week."

My Second CX-5

By on Saturday, November 29, 2014

Pros: "Great MPG-Lots of Options-Great Price-Fun Car"

Cons: "None that I've found"

"I bought a 2013 Touring with Tech Package in Dec 2012. I traded an 04 CRV. I have 19000 miles on that car now.I have never gotten less than 29MPG in city driving. I researched small SUV's extensively before I bought the CX-5. Mazda was the only mfg offering all the options I wanted in the price line I wanted. I love the car. No complaints. We've taken it on 2 vacations 1500+ miles. Nav is great the MPG avg 34+ on the interstate. That model has the 155 hp engine but that hasn't proven to be a problem even when driving in the mountains of east TN. Just got home from the dealer. I traded my wife's 2005 Maxima for 2015 CX-5 Grand Touring with Tech Package. I have never owned two of the same model cars in my life, but buying my second CX-5 was a no brainer for us. Then 2015 has a 184hp engine and the car probably needed the additional HP. I obviously think the CX-5 is the best small SUV on the market."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Mazda CX-5 near Honolulu. See local deals