• 2014 Compact SUV Buyer's Guide

2013 Mazda CX-5

Based on 110 Ratings for the 2013 - 2015 models.

Good Rental Car Experience

By on Thursday, July 17, 2014

I don't own this car

Pros: "Fun to drive and good acceleration."

Cons: "Underwhelmed by gas mileage and chipped paint."

"I had a 2 day out of town business trip and was given this car by the rental agency. Here are my thoughts after driving it for about 460 miles. PROS: Good acceleration and engine noise isolation in the passenger compartment. Handles road bumps well. Good interior materials and build quality. Seats are stiff, but not uncomfortable. CONS: Touch screen radio is set about 2.5" into the upper dashboard causing me to bend to reach it each time I wanted to use it. It got annoying after a while. I drove about 95% highway miles at about 70 mph with a lot of cruise control and little air conditioner use, because of cooler weather lately and averaged just under 27 mpg, calculating it at the gas pump. The trip meter was consistently pegging it in the low 30s mpg, so it was way off from actual mileage. I know this is AWD, but I was a little disappointed after seeing so many TV commercials touting this car to hit up to 35 mpg. I saw several areas with chipped paint, but no dents. I know this is a rental car, but I wonder how thin the paint is? Overall, I enjoyed it as a rental and would probably request one again."

good car just wznt a luxurary car

By on Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Pros: "good car"

"just looking got a lexus"

Awesome Ride! Sweet Exterior! Fun to Drive!

By on Sunday, June 15, 2014

Pros: "Priced right! Fun to drive! Plenty of room!"

Cons: "Took a lot of time for 1st to 2nd gear break-in."

"Purchased April 2012 the 2013 Model. I looked for 6 months before deciding on the Mazda CX5 and I'm glad I waited. Given that I keep my vehicles 12 or more years, I was pretty discerning in my selection. I was looking specifically for a manual transmission (hard to find these days) because they have fewer issues than manual transmissions overall(any maker). I'm not disappointed with Mazda. I traded a 2001 Toyota Corolla because I was looking for an SUV and this model fit the bill on every level. Gas mileage on my trip from CA to CO exceeded 35MPG even with the AC on in the middle of August. Around town and back and forth to work 22-25 MPG. Lots of compliments on the body design. Not the right fit for a growing family, but great for a family of 4. I've not experienced any paint pitting issues mentioned by some reviewers, but that might be a regional thing (snow/gravel/salt)."

I Still love my mazda cx5

By on Thursday, June 05, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive and fuel efficency"

Cons: "bit less power"

"its very practical car for your family or trip and its very very fuel efficency car that save alot of money on gas.next time i will buy new mazda 6 or 3 for sure."

Great vehicle. Very pleased.

By on Saturday, May 31, 2014

Pros: "Value, ride, look and feel, safety features"

"Looked at many SUV's. Really like RDX, but in the end bought the CX-5. FWD, Grand Touring model is a great vehicle. Solid feel, handles well, good gas mileage ( about 28 mpg), many nice features. I have owned Mazda's previously and they are very dependable. Overall just feel like I got a really nice vehicle for my money. Nice car inside and out!"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Mazda CX-5 near Honolulu. See local deals
See if you qualify for