• 2014 Pickup Truck Buyer's Guide

2009 Mazda B-Series Regular Cab

8.3

Based on 233 Ratings for the 1998 - 2009 models.

It's a great midsize truck...

By on Sunday, February 23, 2014

Pros: "Just a great all a round mid size truck."

Cons: "probably the mpg, gets 20mpg."

"I bought the B-4000 new in 2004. Since then other than maintance it's been a great truck. At 100,000 I had to replace waterpump and the thermostat housing on the motor. Still runs like a top and looks fantastic,best vehicle I ever bought."

This truck takes a beating and keeps running.

By on Thursday, October 17, 2013

Pros: "Small, fuel economy, style"

Cons: "People who own bigger trucks that guzzle gas"

"I've put this truck through many situations that would damage other 2WD pick-ups and it keeps going. I love this truck. This is a great around town and light construction truck."

A work truck and daily driver!

By on Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Pros: "Radio is easy to replace if desired. Easy to clean"

Cons: "Rug can be stained easily, big V6 engine."

Before paint restoration and bumper fix.

"I've had this truck for 2 years now, and so far, it;s not been the truck's fault of what's happened. I've gotten paint on it, ran over a stump, and been hit i nthe rear by a lto of big Suburbans trying to get onto the freeway. However, with regular maintenance, and caution [depending on where you live] this truck will give you that gas mileage you want with a great tow capability. Not extreme as the half-ton, but still pretty good! smooth [with good shocks]. The brakes go out after 50,000 miles or so, so I replaced them and it was easy [the pads]. The transmission needs to be flushed every 60,000 miles or so. I also use the high mileage oil change when I'm in, and it seems to work great! I've got a K&N air filter [lifetime warranty] so no more replacing! The front bumper is made of hard plastic. That's a downside, but it's easy to fix and put back on [Zipties!]. I'm getting that replaced soon [the back 'bumper' is metal which is great!]. Overall, Lucy [as I've named her] has towed, hauled people, goods, and been on dirt roads. BUT, don;t go into the mud. Yeeeeeeah, that 4-wheel drive Ford Ranger may go through it, but this truck DOES NOT go through mud, especially with rear-wheel drive. (I've been stuck enough to know.)"

Before paint restoration and bumper fix.

Great truck for the price

By on Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Pros: "v6 acceleration, handling"

Cons: "mpg, leg room for people at 6' or taller"

"I've owned this model since 2006 and it's been good to me. I've only had to do one major repair and the rest has been odds and ends. only reason I don't give it a solid 10 is due to the engine throwing a rod just after I had paid it off. Despite this, it still is a great truck that I would recommend. I've had it 8 years almost and only had to spend 2000 in repairs."

good vehicle

By on Monday, July 08, 2013

Pros: "good fuel economy"

Cons: "no horsepower"

"if your looking at this truck on hear some of the information listed is wrong, they list this truck as being able to seat five passengers but it only seats three max, and the truck only has a 16.7 gallon fuel tank not a 19.5 gallon tank, also i get 30 mpg on highway not 24, the person who wrote this information down did not write the correct info down. i know this for a fact because i own the truck and have driven 500 miles on a single tank of gas nonstop"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Mazda B-Series Regular Cab near Honolulu. See local deals