• Pickup Truck Buyer's Guide
  • Kelley Blue Book Best Buys of 2015: Pickup Truck

2009 Mazda B-Series Regular Cab

8.3

Based on 246 Ratings for the 1998 - 2009 models.

Trouble free truck

By on Friday, September 21, 2007

"Bought this truck new in June of 1998, over 9 years ago, and it's been in the shop one time about a month after I bought it, the ABS light came on wouldn't go off. Had the front end aligned once in 2000 and that's it.Never even had a brake job and still looks new as I have babied it from day one."

Edison, NJ built Mazda still trouble free!

By on Sunday, January 22, 2012

Pros: "Unbelievably reliable workhorse."

Cons: "No power windows, mirrors, or locks."

"Bought this truck right after 9/11 because the price was right. Added a class 2 Reese hitch to tow my boat. Truck is very truckish, with no power mirrors, windows, or locks. This is the only downside to this vehicle. Have used synthetic oil since the first oil change and self-maintain this truck by the book. Back to the dealer only once for a recalled cruise control fusible link. Just replaced the original battery after 10 years and four months. Excellent service and overall value. This one's a keeper."

good basic truck/transportation

By on Friday, March 16, 2012

"Living in a townhouse, this truck is all I need for home needs. It'll carry or tow 1,400 lbs. I use it to commute to work, 25 miles each way with over 3 dozen traffic lights. This truck gives me 27 mpg on my commute. Its a base model, 4 cyl, manual shift with a/c. Its not refined, but its reliable."

Great truck

By on Wednesday, August 31, 2011

"I bought this truck (B-3000 Dual sport) a year ago it had 80000 miles on it and so far its been great. not a four wheel drive but does great on and off road. great brakes good power for a small v-6. pulled my mustang very well. only small downfall was a small tear where my girlfriends fingernail tore the leather wrapped steering wheel"

Great little truck

By on Saturday, October 11, 2008

"Best value I ever owned in a vehicle. Only had normal wear on fan clutch that I had to replace. That's it. No other problems at 96K. A little crowded for room, but still rides and drives great."

dependable

By on Friday, May 30, 2008

"i bought my 2000 4cyl. 4x2 std cab mazda in 2006 with 64k on it. it was wrecked lightly in the front and fixed before i bought it. i am not happy with how it rides (it is a truck) and it is not the most confortable vehicle ever but it has given me no problems at all and i am currently at 100,000 miles. the only thing i have done to it is change brake pads, change oil, and spray wd40 in the door latches so the dome light would work properly. oh and the dash light bulbs are burning out alot lately. so like i have said its not the most confortable truck to drive but i have never owned anything this reliable before."

Best small pickup on the road

By on Thursday, February 14, 2008

"I've owned a 2000 B4000 SE since buying it new. Only one defect that showed up during the warranty period, and that was a misaligned serpentine belt pully. In the 64K miles I've put on it, I've replaced the brakes once, thermostat once, Lower ball joints, and oil pressure sending unit (sticky in cold weather.) The truck's engine is powerful and smooth, and I get about 18 MPG in mixed driving. The bedliner is exceptional and has withstood lots of construction material abuse."

Great little pickup

By on Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Pros: "fun to drive, very reliable"

Cons: "poor gas milage in city"

"Great little truck, could use a little more gas milage."

Great truck. Dependable, gas mizer

By on Saturday, January 21, 2012

Pros: "great gas milage"

Cons: "lack of power with the 4 cylinder engine."

"Bought this truck new in 2000. Got 94000 miles on it. Got the 4 cylinder and a 5 speed manual transmission. I have replaced the tires twice and installed a battery at 85000 miles. It is great at what I use it for. Good dependable cheap transportation. I tow a 15 foot aluminum boat with no problems. Average 23 mpg in town and 26 on the road."

Tough little truck

By on Sunday, December 25, 2011

"Downsized from a dodge dakota 4x4 crew v8 that I loved but gas milage was killin me.This truck is screwed together very well and will work like a truck.I towed about 2000 pounds with it to Florida and back thru mountains etc.towed great but gas milage was dismal 13mpg /- I average 19mpg regularly with 2wd 3.0 auto its good in the snow being only 2wd but must have weight in the bed I put 300lbs and makes a huge difference.Mine has the torsion bar front suspension like a4wd it rides like a truck but it is a tough little bugger several people I met with the 3.0 said it runs forever the guy at the inspection place has over 300000 on his.Mine had a rebuilt trans put in just before I bought it with 67,000 miles."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Mazda B-Series Regular Cab near Honolulu. See local deals