2008 Mazda B-Series Regular Cab

8.3

Based on 248 Ratings for the 1998 - 2009 models.

KEEPS ON GOING

By on Saturday, May 3, 2008

"I bought this truck new. It has served me reasonably well through the awful winters up here in the Pennsylvania Pocono Mountains. All I do is put a 100 lb bag of sand in the bed and 4 snow tires to get through most bad weather. Brakes don't hold up well and there have been annoying electrical problems such as odometer cluster, wheel sensor, and wiper/blinker switch. At 125000 I intend to keep it until it dies. So far this truckhas taken me to Texas, North Carolina, Virginia, and several times to Massachusetts with no serious trouble at all. Great vehicle for the $."

By on Sunday, December 2, 2007

"I have owned my 98 mazda pickup B2500 for 6 years now and have had several problems with it, the paint on the hood is peeling because of severe rust, i've replaced the starter twice, i had to replace the transmission after 120000 miles and the driveshaft was bent. A bolt broke ont he fan and shot it into the radiator cause a hole in the radiator which cause the truck to overheat and crack the head. It lacks power, i can go up a hill starting off at 70 mph and by the time i get to the top im going like 60. They shoulda put the 3.0 liter engine in all their models. I get stuck really easy too."

Good, reliable, but not a stunner

By on Monday, November 12, 2007

"Very reliable truck. Very small, weak truck. Not good for work, but is very affordable and will get you around with no problems. I have 85K on mine and have had no problems at all. It's not pretty, but it works."

Good truck

By on Friday, October 12, 2007

"I have owned this truck since new in 2001. I have had no problems except for a recall on the clutch. It was fixed and I havent had anything mess up since. Good on gas and very dependable. If you are a big guy though it can be kind of tight fit."

This truck rules!

By on Wednesday, September 26, 2007

"I've had my B3000 for seven years, brand new. It has been through the craziest stuff and does not stop. Sure, I have had minor mechanical stuff that gets fixed, but it can be blamed on the mechanic. My seats are still extremely comfortable. I didn't care the head unit (radio) so I swapped it out. For being a stock truck, it sure can handle being off road. Now at almost 125,000 miles, the engine is still very strong. It brakes very nicely and it still looks good for being an older truck."

Good value!

By on Tuesday, September 18, 2007

"I bought my 1998 B4000 4WD Cab Plus SE with 75,000 miles on it in April of 2001. I unfortunately have to trade it in now, but this truck has been one of the most reliable vehicles I've ever seen. It does have a few quirks. It eats door switches like they're going out of style, and the Door Ajar light stays on almost constantly. It also has high wind noise, and the 4WD lockout hubs are cheap. Besides these little things, this is a great truck. It currently has 188,700 miles on the odometer, and with a new set of heads this spring, it runs like a champ! Still on the original exhaust!!! Power isn't great, but it handles very well and brakes like a sports car. High payload capacity and the most comfortable seats I've ever sat in. Six and a half years, 114,000 miles and still going strong! Highly recommended vehicle!"

Reliable Transportation

By on Thursday, August 23, 2007

"Nothing special about the Mazda truck. It doesn't turn heads. It is very reliable and I've no maintenance issues with it. Great around town vehicle. Not all that comfy on long hauls, however."

great truck

By on Friday, August 17, 2007

"The best truck I ever owned. In my 86 year life this one worked the hardest cost the less to own =.Fuel economy better than rated."

By on Wednesday, August 1, 2007

"this 2002 b3000 has been the best vehicle i have ever had. after over 5 yrs and over 163000 mi very minor repairs, gets over 23mpg w v-6 eng and still runs perfect, is also 100% dependable,and still looks new. the best small truck out there inc ford ranger which is what this is"

By on Sunday, July 29, 2007

"My husband purchased this truck new in 2000 and it has been a great vehicle - very dependable and no problems. Wich it got better gas mileage."

Great Truck

By on Monday, July 16, 2007

"I owned a 2000, and missed it, so I bought an '03. Not a Hot Rod, but a Great Basic vehicle."

INCREDIBLE VALUE

By on Monday, April 21, 2008

"all I've had to do in addition to regular maintenance is replace the alternator... this truck has 120,000 miles on it and is still truckin'! I've driven cross country, moved myself 6 times(not including helping friends), hauled topsoil, will very likely buy another... if this puppy ever dies. Incredible value!"

Best Small Truck Ever

By on Monday, September 5, 2011

Pros: "everything"

"Bought this truck brand new in 1999, still have it. No problems at all, no expense other than upkeep, 115000 miles, has been a great truck for 12 years."

Rebuilt wreck Mazda b2300

By on Monday, August 6, 2007

"For four years I have been driving a 2002 Mazda B2300 which I purchased as a rebuilt wreck. It gets GREAT gas mileage - in the summer, 27 mpg at 75, 30 at 65, 33 at 55 (in the winter or running around town it gets 3 to 5 mpg less). The heater blows hot, the air blows ice cold, and the seats are reasonably comfortable. I'm 6'1" and can wear a hat. The ride is smooth (for a pickup) and there is not much wind noise or road noise. The only repairs have been new front brakes at 70,000 miles(attributable to its former life as a parts runner), radiator repair at 100,000 miles (attributable to the wreck?) and new ball joints at 115,000. Two annoyances are that the dome light has odd behavior, and that the auto-adjust clutch sometimes feels spongy. It always recovers w/o any service, and I've never had to add fluid. It is set up for fuel economy. The consequence is that the throttle response feels slow at lower RPMS, but at higher engine speeds it is plenty zippy. I've pulled a single-axle rental moving trailer clear full of houshold items, with a full-size piano in the pickup bed, with no problem (I kept it in 4th gear, not overdrive) and got over 20 mpg. At 117,000 miles the oil still stays clean between drain intervals (I go 3000 - 5000 miles) and I've never had to add oil. This pickup has the nasty sideways hop on bumps or railroad tracks that all pickups have, but it is worse than others I have driven. Could be a result of the wreck but the 4-wheel alignment checks out fine so I surmise it is a design fault."

This truck takes a beating and keeps running.

By on Thursday, October 17, 2013

Pros: "Small, fuel economy, style"

Cons: "People who own bigger trucks that guzzle gas"

"I've put this truck through many situations that would damage other 2WD pick-ups and it keeps going. I love this truck. This is a great around town and light construction truck."

undervalued pickup

By on Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Pros: "pretty looking solid built truck"

Cons: "with 19 mpg could be better"

"This truck is a great compact truck. With same specs as the ranger and a more beautiful exterior I don't understand why the ranger sells for more money. I would choose my baby b3000 4x4 any day over the less attractive ford ranger."

A work truck and daily driver!

By on Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Pros: "Radio is easy to replace if desired. Easy to clean"

Cons: "Rug can be stained easily, big V6 engine."

Before paint restoration and bumper fix.

"I've had this truck for 2 years now, and so far, it;s not been the truck's fault of what's happened. I've gotten paint on it, ran over a stump, and been hit i nthe rear by a lto of big Suburbans trying to get onto the freeway. However, with regular maintenance, and caution [depending on where you live] this truck will give you that gas mileage you want with a great tow capability. Not extreme as the half-ton, but still pretty good! smooth [with good shocks]. The brakes go out after 50,000 miles or so, so I replaced them and it was easy [the pads]. The transmission needs to be flushed every 60,000 miles or so. I also use the high mileage oil change when I'm in, and it seems to work great! I've got a K&N air filter [lifetime warranty] so no more replacing! The front bumper is made of hard plastic. That's a downside, but it's easy to fix and put back on [Zipties!]. I'm getting that replaced soon [the back 'bumper' is metal which is great!]. Overall, Lucy [as I've named her] has towed, hauled people, goods, and been on dirt roads. BUT, don;t go into the mud. Yeeeeeeah, that 4-wheel drive Ford Ranger may go through it, but this truck DOES NOT go through mud, especially with rear-wheel drive. (I've been stuck enough to know.)"

Before paint restoration and bumper fix.

reliable-- takes abuse-- never worry about break

By on Saturday, June 29, 2013

Pros: "reliability style cool factor"

Cons: "gas mileage"

"best vehicle i ever had, by far. routine maintenace and it runs forever.215k miles, going strong"

Great truck.........

By on Sunday, November 13, 2011

"I bought my Mazda with 17 k on it and it has done nothing but impress me for a midsized truck. It is quite and handles great in the rain and snow here in Seattle. I have done nothing to my truck besides the normal preventable maintaince like oil changes, tire rotations, transmition fluid flushes every 50 k and recently I just flushed the engine. I am a firm believer in fixing or adding parts to your rig before it snaps or breaks one. I got 90 k out of the first set of tires and am now at 130 k with the heaver tread tires I put on it. They look great but make the truck ride a little tougher. I put new breaks and shocks on at about 100k and have not done anything else to the little guy. I tow a 2k pound tent camper behind it in summer and it does well. It struggles on hills due to it only being an automatic 3.0 liter but does great otherwise. It’s a great Truck for everyday driver and new driver."

Great truck for the price

By on Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Pros: "v6 acceleration, handling"

Cons: "mpg, leg room for people at 6' or taller"

"I've owned this model since 2006 and it's been good to me. I've only had to do one major repair and the rest has been odds and ends. only reason I don't give it a solid 10 is due to the engine throwing a rod just after I had paid it off. Despite this, it still is a great truck that I would recommend. I've had it 8 years almost and only had to spend 2000 in repairs."

Definately Got My Money's Worth

By on Tuesday, April 9, 2013

"I bought this truck as a left-over, and it had also been a demo model, so I got a good deal on it. It has never broken down. I learned to drive a stick on an '86 B2200, and I owned a '97 B2300 before this one. They have all been great little trucks. The only bad thing is that it's not 4WD. My mechanic has never seen a car with a better/hotter heater. I'm sorry that these and the Rangers aren't made any more."

Getting ready to sell to my son ...

By on Thursday, March 29, 2012

Pros: "Price, maintenance costs and mpg"

Cons: "a bit sluggish accelerating with the AC running"

This was when it was new in 2004 and it hasn't changed!

"but this has been the best pickup i have ever owned. Averaging over 28 mpg since I bought it new in 2004: I'm impressed!"

This was when it was new in 2004 and it hasn't changed!

Edison, NJ built Mazda still trouble free!

By on Sunday, January 22, 2012

Pros: "Unbelievably reliable workhorse."

Cons: "No power windows, mirrors, or locks."

"Bought this truck right after 9/11 because the price was right. Added a class 2 Reese hitch to tow my boat. Truck is very truckish, with no power mirrors, windows, or locks. This is the only downside to this vehicle. Have used synthetic oil since the first oil change and self-maintain this truck by the book. Back to the dealer only once for a recalled cruise control fusible link. Just replaced the original battery after 10 years and four months. Excellent service and overall value. This one's a keeper."

2006 b2300

By on Thursday, November 13, 2008

"I bought this truck in early 2007 with 4k on it. It has about 30k on it now no problems as of yet but cant really speak for long term reliability. What i can say is that I love this little truck. The 4 banger has gotten me good gas mileage for a truck 24-26mpg in an automatic most highway though. Things you should know before buying are it does ride like a truck and handle like a truck (bumpy and light in the rear end). In the snow and ice the truck is horrible unless you put about 300lbs of sand and some decent snow tires on it then it is managable. But if you want a truck that wont break the bank with price or gas and dont need to tow alot this is probably the truck for you"

Great truck

By on Saturday, November 17, 2007

"I bought my 1998 B4000 new . It now has 240K. I have change the oil every 5000 and finally put in a clutch and brakes at about 150K. Only 2 or 3 tuneups I can remember. Its been great & reliable. It still gets 22-24 mpg."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Mazda B-Series Regular Cab near Honolulu. See local deals