• Pickup Truck Buyer's Guide

1992 Mazda B-Series Regular Cab

Based on 85 Ratings for the 1987 - 1993 models.

Awesome Truck

By on Friday, August 16, 2013

Pros: "Everything was awesome. Gas mileage was terrific"

Cons: "Nothing"

"I've owned this truck for almost 17 years now and she has been the best vehicle my husband and I have ever owned. So very reliable and a hard working truck. Our truck had nothing fancy in it just your basic simple truck. She was great in all weather situations. We always put really good all weather tires and driving in snow was not a problem. She does slide if your tires are cheap or wore out. I would not recommend this vehicle in the high country or with several feet of snow. She isn't tall enough to power thru. Replaced the timing chain after about 115,000 miles which was a deal when u think about it. Other then basic tuneups and a few repairs this vehicle was always garaged and taken care of. We will always cherish our memories with her. Now we're getting ready to upgrade and are trading her in. Hopefully the next owner will love her as much as we did."

1987 B2000 SE-5 --- LOVE this truck forever !!!!

By on Friday, January 11, 2013

Pros: "takes a lickin' and keeps on tickin', HI MPG"

Cons: "hard to find parts now, doesn't like the cold"

"I have an 87 Mazda B2000 SE-5 Cab-Plus (I'm maybe the 3rd or 4th owner). It has over 212K miles and she is still going strong. It's fun to drive, gets 40mpg hwy, hauls hay or bricks, lots of room in the interior and just goes, goes goes. ADORE this truck. Worth every cent put into it. Love her so much we are restoring her. I replaced a lot of parts and had much work done on it since I bought it at 178K miles( brake master cylinder, exhaust work, clutch slave/master cylinder, radiator replaced, new head ( unknown to me, I bought it with a patched head), EGR, battery cables, more, BUT IT'S WORTH IT. This truck starts and runs every time....she gives everything she's got and never leaves me on the side of the road. She's been abused and still keeps running like a trooper. LOVE THIS TRUCK and so much fun to drive on these dirt roads. She gets 40mpg (cruising steady on the hwy), and about 25mpg short trips to/from town. She has a forever home with us. I might even bury this Mazda in the garden bed when (and *IF*) she ever does die."

Dependable and capable truck.

By on Sunday, February 12, 2012

"Great truck"

Great little pickup!

By on Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Pros: "fun to drive, great gas mileage, tough truck"

Cons: "doesn't handle well on snowy, icey roads"

"We purchased our 1992 B2200 in 2001 when it had 92000 miles on it. Best $2500 we've spent on a vehicle. We've always done regular maintence on it. Most all of the miles we've put on it have been highway miles since we live in a remote, rural area. We get 27 miles per gallon on the highway. We had to have the carborator rebuilt in 2003 and the muffler replaced in 2007. It's been so reliable and we've done a lot of hauling with it. Have to admit that we've hauled more than 1000 pounds it's rated for, at times pushing about 1200 pounds of grain. Someone cross threaded one of the spark plugs before we bought it. That just started to become a problem in 2011 as that spark plug would not longer seat properly and the fuel pump went out. We had the head taken off and machined to fix the spark plug problem while the fuel pump was being replaced. Since the timing belt had to be taken off and had never been replaced that we were aware of, we had it replaced too. It has so much power now. We'd forgotten the amount of pep it could have. The only complaint we have is that it doesn't handle very well on snowy or icey roads. A couple hundred pounds of weight in the back help, but still have to watch it. We'll keep it until it quits and is not cost effective to fix."

Best $6600 I ever spent.....

By on Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Pros: "economical, reliable, versatile"

Cons: "Kids don't understand manual locks...."

"Bought my '93 Mazda in 2001 with about 70K miles. I was the third owner of a well kept vehicle -- received the file with all the prior oil changes, etc. While early on there were a few issues with the cooling system, the PU has been just great since then. Did have tranny replaced in 2010 (broken gasket / slipping), but other than that, just regular tuneups and maintenance. Great little off roader! Have taken on dirt road trips no problem. Canopy lets me sleep in the back (I'm short). Regular driving gets 19.5 mpg. but road trips can get up to 24 mph on highway. Great versatility, drives like a sedan, but can haul lots o' 'stuff.' I've kept a diary of all the expenses I've had and over the 11 years I've had it, it's cost me just under $4000 a year -- this includes the purchase price, insurance, maintenance, gas, the works. What a deal!!!! Also, scores well on safety tests."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Mazda B-Series Regular Cab near Honolulu. See local deals