1992 Mazda 929

8.2

Based on 31 Ratings for the 1992 - 1995 models.

Good Car New

By on Friday, June 27, 2008

"We have a 94 with 145,000 miles. The car was purchased in 98 with 40,000 miles and has been virtually trouble free until now. It has run great and we have made several out of town trips..but now the bad part - The valve cover gaskets started leaking and it costs $1500 to fix. The main vacuum hose costs $400 to replace. A lot of the parts have to be bought from the dealer. The leather is shot. The struts and shocks need replacing. The rear window motors are gone. This is a great car until it gets old and needs repairs. Unless you want one for sentimental reasons, I would stay away from an old one. Don't buy one if it has over 70,000 miles."

Worst Vehicle Ever!!!!!!

By on Monday, March 02, 2009

"I bought this car going on a year ago with 120000 miles on it. it is the worst car i have ever owned. The sunroof wont open anymore, only one window will roll down where the other three window's switch has shorted out. The engine ticks badly. It has been taken care of but is still crummy. also heater and air has completely burned out. the interior is horrible. inside panels on doors are falling off, bottom of dash board has fallen off, and the rest of my dash is fallin apart."

Have Loved This CAR!!!

By on Sunday, February 08, 2009

"I bought this car brand new in 1993. It still looks good and only has 59,000 miles on it. I just have always used it for around town and running errands. It stays in our garage and is protected from weather. I have had to replace the motor in several of the windows. It has a few dings on it but still looks beautiful. I get so many nice comments on it even though it is a 1993 car. As I mentioned I have been the sole owner of this car. I keep it polished with a special wax and use a special leather wax on the seats. We are now wanting to sell it because we are buying a new car. I hate to do this because I actually love this car and don't want to sell it to just anybody who does not appreciate the beauty of a 929. I wish Mazda never stopped making them. I love the beauiful leather seats and the feel of driving this car. Everytime I have gone to shop for a new car I never seem to find one that I fall in love with like I did this car. I hope I find the right person for the car. We have taken care of this car like you would a child. The interior is in perfect condition. It still has that new car smell. I know they are not worth that much when you sell them though.. Maybe $2,000.00 at the most. Anyway, I have loved my Mazad 929!!"

Solid Ride

By on Friday, June 20, 2008

"My wife bought a '92 in '95 with 55K miles on it. At 85K we put a new trannie in it, at 280K miles, I dropped a new engine in it (it was my fault - I killed the original engine) instead of trading it in and still drive it daily. Good points: still stylish, runs/handles great, a/c works, annual maintenance is inexpensive. Bad points: front door panels litterally pull off over time (a couple of screws and plastic gromets hold it to the door-poor engineering), trunk is too small, creature comforts are expensive to repair: automatic gas 'door,' automatic trunk latch, radio antenna, multi-disk cd changer. I wish Mazda would free up their after-market parts, especially for for a 16-year-old, 'discontinued' model! They are expensive, but still worth it to me."

classy 929

By on Sunday, June 15, 2008

"Exellent motor with lots of power. Very reliable. Comfortable seating with ample leg and shoulder room. Smooth ride and great handling. I have owned two ('92 and '93). Transmission fails at around 75,000 miles. Rear struts fail sooner! Struts and other parts are considerably higher priced than other aged vehicles. But I love this car!"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Mazda 929 near Honolulu. See local deals