2001 Mazda 626

7.4

Based on 357 Ratings for the 1998 - 2002 models.

Emotionally attached i love it so much!

By on Monday, February 20, 2012

Pros: "cheap gas, strong in the snow, great trunk size"

Cons: "slow pick up"

"I bought my car used with 80k miles. I paid $5000 out the door. NO REGRETS. I have not had to put much money into it..standard repair stuff. It has been so good to me I will feel bad the day we part. This thing can drill through snow up to the hood like an SUV. It's impressive! My only complaint is it takes a while to pick up speed so people on on ramps dont like you much..but other than that its financially a great investment. I have had the car for 6 years now. Other than the fact that people have hit my car and taken off...it's in great shape. Minimal rusting most likely due to the fact that i have never had a garage. I would recommend this car for people traveling ( great gas/mileage) and for a first car. I really have no complaints...i took care of her and she took care of me..."

Good for the price

By on Wednesday, January 27, 2010

"A good reliable car; it's almost 12 years old! Only negatives are that suspension parts aren't the most durable and ignition wires need replaced every few years. Otherwise a very low maintenance car. Power is adequate for a family car."

Bad Transmissions

By on Wednesday, September 2, 2009

"Do Not buy one of these with a 4 cyl and auto trans,,,or you'll be very dissappointed. The trans is junk,,,very very bad. I have talked to several professional repair shops and they ALL say stay away from this vehicle."

A Good Value

By on Monday, January 10, 2011

"Purchased our 626 new. Has performed as expected. No major problems, only routine maintenance required. We have owned Mazdas for over twenty-five years, and never disappointed."

Comfort with style

By on Wednesday, August 1, 2007

"My 1998 Mazda rides smooth in the hills, around curves or in the city. My only complaint is the road noise could be toned down a little, but if your like my kids who have the radio cranked up, you wont notice. The sun roof is great when the weather permits, and the osculating vent is my favorite. The car has an elegant slimming feeling with a little bit of sport thrown in. She still get 32 Hwy and 28 (if A/C is used) to 30 in city. The gold color shimmers in the sun and seems to dim the dusty road dirt. You know that feeling when you've waxed your car and it looks like you drove it off the showroom floor. I get that feeling still everytime I wash her. The Mazda Gal"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Mazda 626 near Honolulu. See local deals