1999 Mazda 626

7.4

Based on 356 Ratings for the 1998 - 2002 models.

Reliable

By on Saturday, October 29, 2011

Pros: "Good value for the price we paid"

Cons: "average amenities, average comfort"

"We've owned our 2000 Mazda 9626 for 10 years. We bought it used with 15k miles on it. It has mostly minor repairs done to it, except when a repair shop didn't replace the oil plug after an oil change and fried the engine, so it has a newer engine in it (they replaced at their cost). Once it hit about 100k miles, we noticed a rough vibration when it's at a stop and the air conditioner is going, but we put it in neutral and the vibration stops so we're assuming it's a motor mount problem these cars are known for, but we're told it's a inexpensive fix as long as it's addressed sooner than later. Overall, it's been a reliable vehicle, comfortable enough to drive in. We plan on selling it to our niece as we move on to another newer car so she can have a reliable vehicle as her 2nd stepping stone car. Highly recommend this car unless you need a lot of sitting room in the back and storage, although trunk is good sized."

Wouldn't Buy Again.

By on Thursday, November 18, 2010

"Car only has 114,000 miles and it's on it's third transmission. Air conditioner went out at 50,000 miles. Unreliable car."

2001 mazda 626 V6

By on Wednesday, August 25, 2010

"This is my first Mazda I've owned. And I gotta say, I'm impressed. It may look small, but it has a lot of power. I can easily blow away other V6's and it can hold its own against some V8s. Exellent fuel response time, great in cornering, and good on fuel. It's a great all around car. The interior is quite roomy and I'm not a small guy (6'2" and 220lbs).The trunk is huge for a car this size too. I would definately recommend this car to any one. The only down side is more expensive parts and the small engine compartment makes it hard to work on."

Worst transmission ever

By on Thursday, August 16, 2007

"I bought this vehicle brand new! The 1998-2002 Mazda transmissions did not have cooling fans on them. They will heat up the fluid which in turn burns up the transmissions. I have gone through 2 transmissions and I drive mostly highway miles!"

Great all around sedan

By on Tuesday, July 17, 2007

"I bought my 1999 626 new and have never had any issues -- it rides and handles very well and has a balanced overall styling. Split rear seats and large cutout trunk allow for lots of cargo possibilities. The oscillating center air vents are unique and practical. I have a manual 5-speed, which is a lot of fun to drive and it gets excellent gas mileage (25 plus). Solidly built and never any mechanical issues, I recommend this vehicle for anyone who wants a good value and an attractive, peppy, fun to drive vehicle."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Mazda 626 near Honolulu. See local deals