2011 Lotus Evora

7.5

Based on 4 Ratings for the 2010 - 2014 models.

6.0/10
    6.8/10
    7.2/10
    6.8/10

Stunning to look at!

By on Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Pros: "Stunning lines, corners great, fab gas mileage"

Cons: "none really"

"I have had my car for a little less than a year...coming from corvettes, i had to make myself not compare these two cars. There is no comparison! If you want power and speed, you'll prefer the vette with more bells and whistles. The lotus Evora is a great handling, pure sports car but an affordable one when you compare the price of the Audi R8 or Nissan GTR for example. I am disappointed at a lot of small things that to me were just QC issues, i've had it at the dealer to fix many little things but nothing major at all. The power is pretty good considering the fact that it doesn't weigh much. I have the IPS car with sport mode and i love the sound it puts out. My car is loaded with tech pack and sport pack and the premium pack and the larger wheels. The braking system is excellent, the rev matching when coming to a stop is a little annoying to me..i don't like the loudness and the jerky feel of the downshifting. The cornering is fab, the car hugs the road beautifully. The seats are comfy. I have no backseat but didn't want the useless backseat. Front cockpit is roomy and comfy. My stock stereo (pioneer) with the upgraded tech pack is amazing! i'm in love with that sound system. The lines and curves on the exterior are beyond stunning. You don't see much out the back hatch window so you have to use your side mirrors often. Over all, it's a great car...generates a ton of looks, and you'll be a member of a very small club as there are not many in the USA. It's nice to be exclusive...i love the fact that it's hand built too. However, bang for the buck...i gotta say i'm going to get another vette, the new Z06. I like bells and whistles and refinement...the evora is more refined than the Elise or Exige but not the vette. I love the evora though but won't buy another one after this one.."

A real head turner

By on Friday, January 11, 2013

Pros: "An extremely well balanced chassis."

Cons: "A tricky entry and exit from the cabin !"

"The Evora has an extremely competent chassis, fantastic braking and a beautifully designed composite exterior. Handling point to point is phenomenal, and on track will happily keep up with far more expensive counterparts. The interior, with premium and tech pack is a nicely appointed cabin. On the road it always generates lots of attention."

Small, Fast, Gets a lot of attention...

By on Monday, October 22, 2012

Pros: "Most fun you can have in a car"

Cons: "seems a little cheap and rough around the edges"

"I bought this car new in 2011, and take it out on the weekends. The S model not crazy fast, but it gets the job done. The handling is amazing. It is a little rough around the edges (fit and trim). But then I expected that in a handmade car. It is a little hard to get in and out, but comfortable to drive once you get in. The back seats hold a small suitcase, but no real person could sit in them. Overall though I love the car."

Seemingly underpowered

By on Thursday, December 22, 2011

Pros: "world-leading handling, looks, exclusivity"

Cons: "fit and finish, clutch issues, poor support"

"Based on what I paid, the power is a little lacking. At $84k, the 4.9 sec 0-60 is underwhelming. Even worse, the S upgrade only takes the 0-60 time down by .3 seconds to 4.6 seconds. Anyway, the car has not held up as well as it should in the 18 months I've owned the car. I have had it in the shop about 6 times now for various fit and finish issues, and one major issue, which involved changing out the entire clutch, which took over 4 weeks to complete. It seems Lotus is very slow at providing parts to their US dealers for repairs. Yes the handling is superb, but there is more to this car than just that. Otherwise, I could spend 1/3 the money and gotten myself an Elise for ~30k. This is a true luxury automobile with a very comfortable, quiet ride and motor. I just wished the quality lived up to the price. From a value standpoint, this is the kind of car that must steal your heart in order to steal your wallet."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Lotus Evora near Honolulu. See local deals