2006 Lotus Elise

Based on 7 Ratings for the 2005 - 2011 models.

Per Page:  5 | 10

Super car looks, realistic price

By on Sunday, November 06, 2011

Pros: "Fun is an understatement"

Cons: "Bumby"

"The first time someone hung out the window on the highway to take a poicture of the car I thought it was weird, then I got use to it. This car stops people. They all ask about it. Nothing I have ever driven comes close to getting the looks. And it is so fun to drive. only issue is getting in and out of it. Not easy. Once in, it is comfortable."

Street legal race car

By on Monday, January 23, 2012

Pros: "Everything"

Cons: "Nothing unless you are fat and can't fit in it"

"My 2011 Elise R is the best car I have driven in my entire life. I had before porsches, BMW, audits and a mustang gt500 and those care are like driving crown Victoria's next to the Elise. The information this car send to the driver is amazing! Super fast acceleration for only 192hp, the BEST handling than any car out there including ferraris and lamborghini, and I know this because I was a test driver for this two companies when I lived in Italy. The only issue is the small cabin but that is what lotus is all about, low weight, superior handling and great acceleration. The Toyota engine is not a Celica engine, it is just the bones/shell, it is all lotus engineering. Until you drive an Elise you'll understand it, and if you are able to get those revs all the way close to the redline you will hear a sound that releases the monster that Elise is all about. It gives you the chills! It is like you are inside a race car video game."

The most enjoyable vehicle I've owned

By on Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive, great styling"

Cons: "Hard to get into/out of, interior doesn't hold up"

"The car is difficult to get ina and out of, and some of the materials used in the interior have not held up well considering the age of the vehicle, but the Elise is by far the most fun of any car I've owned. If you want a car that is quiet, comfortable and easy to get around in - this is not yoe vehicle. If you want a car that has a great HP/weight ratio, handles and brakes like a $300k exotic and makes you feel like you are driving a F1 racer every day - this is your car."

This is a race car, not a Luxury Sports Car

By on Monday, September 02, 2013

Pros: "The best handling car you will ever drive"

Cons: "This is not a comfort commuter car"

This is a true race car, not a luxury sports car.

"If you want to drive the best handling car on the road, this is your machine ! With the Toyota engine and drive train, you will not find a more reliable sports car. This car attracts people. They love it. This is the most photographed car I have ever owned. Tires - to get the grip, the Yokohama tires are very soft. The rear tires last about 6,000 miles and fronts last about 12,000 miles. This depends on how you drive, but I know you will love taking a city street corner at 60 and the car does not break loose. It goes 0-60 in 4.4 sec. This car is nothing but driving fun."

This is a true race car, not a luxury sports car.

connected

By on Friday, December 23, 2011

Pros: "fun, responsive"

Cons: "hard to exit"

"This is a car that successfully connects the driver to the road while most cars insulate the driver from the road. I had a Honda s2000 and loved it. This car is less luxurious but much faster and more responsive. The price of admission for connecting is difficult entrance and exit. If you are not too heavy and in reasonably good shape this is a small price to pay. If you want fun even at low speeds, this is the car. Yes, I use it as my daily drive."

Per Page:  5 | 10
Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Lotus Elise near Honolulu. See local deals