• Small Luxury Sedan Buyer's Guide

1996 Lincoln Town Car

Based on 272 Ratings for the 1992 - 1997 models.

Best Vehicle Ever

By on Tuesday, May 26, 2009

"Owned the car since new. Has been in shop only 1 time in all the years we have owned it. The repair was to replace the Mass Air Sensor. Have maintained the car with the utmost of care. Changed oil every 3,000 miles. Car runs and drives like new. The most amazing thing is it's incredible gas mileage. We get 18 in the city and around 24-26 on highway. What a deal for such a big and comfortable car. Have used it to pull a 26 foot travel trailer. Does a remarkable job. Still, runs like new, even after using it to pull the trailer. Does not use a single drop of oil between changes. There are no leaks of any kind. Engine compartment is flawless. I will keep this car until it drops dead. At the rate of its reliability so far, I could be dead before it gives out. Not as flashy as a Cadillac but MUCH more reliable. This is known from personal experience."

By on Saturday, July 14, 2007

"I have owned this care for over 10 years and it has been excellent. 24-26 mpg, very comfortable. I love it. Very reliable, and a pleasure to drive. It is so much moe comfortable than most other cars on the road."

Excellent used car for trips and cruising around

By on Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Pros: "Big, roomy, floats down the road, good safety"

Cons: "Sucks gas in town, handles like a drunken whale"

"I picked up my '97 Town Car with 216K on the odometer for $1200 in May 2012. I only bought it to take a cross country trip from California to Iowa and back as my other car is a Fiat 500 and not very roomy. I still have it as of Aug 2013 as it's been such a good and comfy car to drive I find it hard to let it go. It's had a few issues like the ABS light going on and off and the transmission shifting oddly sometimes. But with the mileage that's to be expected from a 17 yr old car. My kids LOVE this car for trips. It's gots gobs of room for them and our two dogs. You can carry a lot of luggage and stuff in the trunk, it's huge. A lot of the cool features such as memory driver's seat, seat heaters, trunk pull down, and digital dash still work. I get 22-24 mpg on the highway with the A/C running which is way better than the EPA estimate back in '97. In town I get between 14-16 mpg with isn't great but it's a two ton car, that's a lot of weight to move. I feel safe in this car too with the dual air bags and lots of metal surrounding me. I've put a windshield, ball joints, a battery, and tires on it so far but not much else. It's been a reliable car so far. I'd buy another one."

most comfortable and easiest handling car ever

By on Tuesday, May 08, 2012

Pros: "Excellent car for the money, Elegant vehicle"

"Had this car for ten years, most comfortable car I ever owned, Handles easily in town driving and sure"

Great comfort, wonderful ride and terrific economy

By on Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Pros: "Rides and handles superbly."

Cons: "Plastic intake manifold is below it's dignity"

"This car rides like you would expect a luxury to ride, but it gets great gas mileage, an average of 24.5 city/highway which you would not expect from a large car with a V/8 engine. The finish is superb with attention to detail. Always starts and runs smooth. I have one gripe, the intake manifold is made of a special plastic and had to be replaced, what happened to the idea of using aluminum ? The car is 16 years old and the paint and upholstery is still excellent. Do they still make such a quality car anymore?"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Lincoln Town Car near Honolulu. See local deals