• 2014 Small Luxury Sedan Buyer's Guide

2014 Lincoln Navigator L Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $58,397 - $59,828.

10/7.0

Based on 95 Ratings for the 2007 - 2014 models.

Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next

Best vehicle ever owned

By on Tuesday, August 05, 2014

"This is an excellent automobile. Quiet ride and smooth. Gas mileage is not terrible for this size vehicle. Have no complaints refarding the vehicle."

Love it.

By on Saturday, August 02, 2014

Pros: "Comfort, luxury, safety."

Cons: "Gas mileage in the city is abysmal."

"I don't do a lot of in-town driving. This vehicle REALLY shines on road trips. Whether with my (tall) family or with my buddies, the car is the ultimate road trip machine. Comfort and luxury is practically unmatched. Gas mileage is on the low side, but I can get 19 mpg with the cruise control set at 70-75 mph; not bad for a vehicle of this size. And speaking of size, if a distracted driver (of which there are far too many on the roads today) plows into me, chances are THEY are being taken away in the ambulance, not me or any member of my family. Love this vehicle, would buy another one in a heartbeat."

Awesome vehicle

By on Friday, August 01, 2014

Pros: "Excellent SUV that is luxurious yet sporty!"

Cons: "gas mileage is only about 16-18 average"

"I have enjoyed driving this luxury vehicle and have ALWAYS felt safe! During this last winter in Illinois, there were several times where the 4WD came in handy and the automatic switch from 2 to 4WD is awesome! We are looking to downsize and are looking at purchasing another Lincoln because of the quality of this vehicle."

TOTALLY UNDERRATED

By on Thursday, June 12, 2014

"Lincoln is WAY ahead of its time... WAY AHEAD... and yet, it seems to be underrated and even hated on. I really love this truck... its everything I could want and I got it for a great price at Doral Lincoln in Miami Florida and I would recommend them for anyone who was in a situation like I was in and wanted something luxurious, affordable, and SAFE! I could care less about these small, light, foreign vehicles that I would pay TWICE as much for, but put it up against the tanks on the road in a collision and well, you get the picture!! This truck is worth every penny and then some! Safe, reliable, Luxurious, and drives like silk!!"

This is a great car. Prefect for road trips.

By on Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Pros: "Comfort. Everyone who rides in it says it's tops!"

Cons: "It doesn't have a sunroof...which I miss."

"This is a great car. We used it for tailgating to football games and it has been perfect. We will but another one just like it. Might go with the longer version as we have a few more years of tailgating ahead of us!"

Very dependable, very comfortable,

By on Saturday, March 22, 2014

Pros: "Dependable carries alot"

Cons: "Less than great interior materials"

"Very comfortable on long trips, dependable, no major problems, inexpensive to operate 16 to 18 mpg"

Excellent Car!

By on Saturday, February 15, 2014

Pros: "Nice, roomy interior, and great exterior."

Cons: "Getting used to the size of the vehicle"

"I got my 2010 Lincoln Navigator in May 2011 and it has been an excellent, reliable, and an awesome car to drive. We live in a VERY snowy region of the United States and and we've had no trouble getting through large amounts of snow. We've traveled thousands upon thousands of miles in this car and hope to continue to do so. We love all the features that this car has offer, The automatic running boards (That go up and down when you open and close the doors) The Microsoft sync, Bluetooth and many, many more. We recommend this car for anybody... WE LOVE OUR NAVIGATOR AND HOPE YOU DO TOO!"

Great long distance traveler.

By on Wednesday, February 05, 2014

Pros: "Always ready to perform whatever I asked of it."

Cons: "No major problems in seven years."

"Used mostly for long distance travel. Comfortable for eight hour drives on I-95. Could use more power but has always been adequate for my needs. Usually travel with rear seats folded and rear fully loaded. There has been little change in either the exterior or interior since this model. Ford needs to give serious thought to bringing the design up to date to compete with the Cadillac Escalade."

Combines safety, luxury & load ability

By on Thursday, January 23, 2014

Pros: "Comfortable ride luxury"

Cons: "Gas Milage"

"Together in one vehicle"

Perfect luxury family car. Safe comfort ride

By on Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Pros: "Have car fax which pries $810 above book"

Cons: "luxury cars are not known for good gas mileage"

"Bought it for my wife but she is going to have to quit driving soon. Fantastic, safe, luxury ride. Everything works and no body damage. Great mechanical condition. Will need tires soon but NO other problems."

Traded in my 2011 Cadillac SRX 2.8L Turbo

By on Monday, December 16, 2013

Pros: "Ride, handling, plush interior, quiet ride"

Cons: "No pushbutton/keyless system, no sep tire readouts"

"What I lost: "never need the key" keyless entry and starting, RemoteLink app vehicle control, exceptional response at highway speeds. What I gained: Ride is superior to Cadillac, voice recognition in Sync system blows the doors off of the Cadillac voice recognition system, much quieter cabin than the Cadillac. I love the Navigator! It accelerates fine at highway speeds, but not at fast at the Cadillac. Unless you are pushing the vehicle, then this is not an issue. The Nav corners much better than I thought it would. I needed more interior seating and cargo space, and the Nav is perfect. Test drove an Escalade, and the Navigator was a much better ride. The Nav interior is more plush and comfortable than the Escalade. The 3rd and 2nd row seats fold completely flat. You need to remove the seats from the Escalade to get a flat load floor surface. I can (voice) enter a new destination while I am driving, can't do that in an Escalade. And the Navigator price was $8,000-$10,000 lower than the Escalade. In my book, the Navigator wins hands-down. The instrument cluster on the Navigator is fine, but people needing graphical readouts will be disappointed. The Cadillac wins there. The Escalade shifter is on the column on the Cadillac, which I found very annoying and "truck-like". The console shifter in the Navigator is very well designed and visually more appealing. And you get "real" wood in a Navigator! Unless you opt for the Premium Escalade package (over $80,000) you will get (cheap)wood looking plastic. The interior of the Navigator is much nicer than the Escalade. I have seen some negative remarks from reviewers on the Navigator interior. All I would say is "look for yourself" before you make a decision. I think it is much nicer than the Cadillac. I have had the Navigator for a month now, and no problems at all so far. Time will tell."

Reliable, better than the proverbial toyota

By on Thursday, November 14, 2013

"Bought my navi. brand new in 2004. it currently has 194,000 mi. and my family has enjoyed everyone of them. We love the prestige, comfort, and reliability. Customer service @ sanderson lincoln on bell road is top notch. I enjoyed $0 out-of-pocket 50k mi. bumper to bumper and ford 100k mi. extended warranty. plus free donuts and car wash every visit. my only out-of-pocket expense to date was regular maintenance (not too expensive), a $225 alternator @ 125k mi. and a coil suspension swap, my choice to give the navi. a 2" lower, than stock, stance @ 190k mi. See what i mean "better than a toyota." Our experience has been GREAT! I highly recommend a navi."

Very fine vehicle, safe, handles well, comfortable

By on Thursday, November 07, 2013

Pros: "As above"

"As above, holds value"

Great SUV Drives like a Dream!!

By on Wednesday, October 02, 2013

Pros: "Soft ride,Extremely comfortable,fantastic Sounds!"

Cons: "Powerful engine ,get 12.2miles/gal."

"Large SUV,but handles like a lux car,(turbo engine)gets 12miles/gal in city, 20 on the highway.Very easy to drive and comfortable bucket seats in front and multiple cup holders,and leather interior spotless,and surrondsound stereophoynic sound,DVD/CD's rear for the kids/adults.Has premiums tires and 20 inch chrome wheels with automatic step,for ease of entry and seats are aircondition/heated for extra body comfort,THE VEHICLE IS LOADED WITH ALL AMENITIES!!!"

Best vehicle we have ever owned.

By on Sunday, September 01, 2013

Pros: "Comfort and safety."

Cons: "Gas mileage could be better."

"This vehicle is the best we have ever owned, and we've had a lot of them. It is great for long trips, and you don't arrive all tired out. We will not consider anything but a similar new vehicle when it comes time to buy again. Yes, it uses more fuel than some tin cans, but it's worth it to be comfortable and confident in a good ride."

A really good car

By on Wednesday, August 14, 2013

"Only problem with this car is that it needs 400 hp engine for trailering, can't install after-market On-Star,and Cadillac has a much better GPS with larger screen"

Awesome SUV

By on Sunday, July 28, 2013

Pros: "Great looking, awesome features, value"

"I've owned my navigator for 3 years has never given me any problems at all. Drives like a sedan and all the features such as the heated and cooled seats, power lift gate, power folding seats, etc. make it an obvious choice over the escalade which I actually considered but for the money and features the navigator is a win. I love the exterior and interior Lincoln did a great job. When the next generation comes out I plan on purchasing that one also."

Wonderful vehicle

By on Friday, May 24, 2013

Pros: "Perfect car for driver and passenger comfort"

Cons: "Gas mileage is only about 16mpg"

"If I would change anything I would hope for better gas mileage. You can't beat this car for comfort, convenience, and passenger safety."

Best car we've ever had!

By on Sunday, April 28, 2013

Pros: "lots of room, plenty of cup holders & storage"

"We bought this as grandparents to hold multiple grandkids safely and its been perfect. It's easy to drive, even for folks our age. Kids love all the room on trips. Holds everything and even satisfied my husband's desire for a pick up truck. I love this car and will always buy a large SUV. We bought it with 17K miles as a certified used car and have had no repairs. I'd probably buy the darker interior next time though since the grandkids are a little hard on the camel interior."

'08 Navigator Limited Elite

By on Sunday, April 21, 2013

Pros: "Amazing Ride, Well Equipped, & Reliable Luxury."

Cons: "None as of yet."

"We purchased our 2008 Navigator used from its original owner with 60k miles on it. We now have 73k and have had it almost a year. We LOVE it!! From the styling, to the driving and handling, to the dependability, this vehicle is definitely a fun vehicle to own! I've owned 9 Mercedes, a BMW, A Tahoe, A Sequoia, 2 Volvo's, and 3 Honda's... This is by far my favorite! Recently looked at a new one and was amazed at how expensive they are new, but still considerably cheaper than the Escalade, Yukon, Lexus, or Mercedes GL Suv which definitely appeals to me. Ours came with Ford's 100k mile warranty which has been amazing. A few minor repairs which more than made the deductable worth the while. While reliable vehicles, I definitely recommend some type of warranty when purchasing any vehicle, but Ford/Lincoln's service is outstanding, along with their prices. Can't go on enough how much we love our Navigator and will definitely buy another one!"

Love my Navigator! Very smooth ride.

By on Saturday, March 23, 2013

Pros: "Comfort, luxury, easy driving."

Cons: "visablity hard to see out when 3rd row headrest up"

"This is a great car. My family loves it! Wish I had gone with the L model for more room. (next time!)"

Best I owned

By on Friday, February 01, 2013

Pros: "nearly everything"

Cons: "So high up, hard to pararell park in Boston"

"I bought brand new, very reliable, no problems."

Don't miss my sedan!

By on Monday, December 10, 2012

Pros: "Easy to drive. Quiet. Great stereo!"

Cons: "A lot of car to wash!"

"I had to buy a new car as my old one was 12 years old. I was hesitant to buy an SUV, but this is no regular SUV, it is pure luxury! It is one of the quietest cars I have ever ridden in. It is so easy to drive and has a fabulous sound system! Also, it is functional with its electric back seats and many configurations. I hope I can keep it another 12 years!"

I already want to trade it in.

By on Wednesday, November 07, 2012

"We purchased our 2012 Navigator in Jan. 2012. It was great. The reason we bought it is because the sales person told us all of the features on it, we could not get on a new Expedition. We had owned sever Expeditions. Little did we know, we bought it. Then we found out after buying it that Expeditions have just as many features and are less expensive. At two months old, the power deployable steps messed up and the front passenger door messed up( it would not shut). :((( Then at four months the steps messed up again. Then at 6 months, the steps messed up for a third time. Also we have the DVD player in the headrests and the sound will not play through the speakers. We asked the dealer and they said it is "better" that way. If our kids have friends in the car, not everyone can watch the DVD. Also the headphones do not work in the back seat. We asked our dealer about this also. They told us that is how the car is and there was nothing they could do about it. Being such an expensive car, I thought the interior looked nice. But now I realize it is plain and I want to trade it in but sadly, we can't as the value of the car has already dropped so much."

2nd Navigator and LOVE IT!

By on Thursday, July 19, 2012

Pros: "Easy to drive for such a big car, just awesome!"

Cons: "Gas mileage"

"We have owned two Navigator L, a busy family of five always hauling kids, sports gear and traveling and this car is AWESOME! We have never ever had a problem..snow, sleet, rain it runs like a charm! We put on a lot of miles...first one had nearly 70000 and this one is 78000 and never a problem. The exterior is eye catching and flashy but the inside is soooo much more of what we want/need and love. Seats are comfortable, back seats are heated (what a plus for our kids on those cold winter mornings) DVD is fantastic if you travel and have kids, jukebox for your music (download your favorite CD's, IPOD songs and save to your jukebox) NAV system is my best friend...never been lost once in all the years we have owned these cars, touch screen on this is awesome, I can even drive and text message with the phone sync! Safe, reliable, and easy to drive with back up camera and sensors, people always comment "how do you park that?" easy...very very easy, even our daughter who is learning to drive can handle this vehicle with all the user friendly safety features. The only downside is gas mileage, hoping for a Hybrid model when I am ready to trade this one!"

Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next