• Small Luxury Sedan Buyer's Guide

2014 Lincoln Navigator L Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $53,620 - $55,332.

10/7.0

Based on 100 Ratings for the 2007 - 2014 models.

Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next

Great vehicle overall, low cost to operate

By on Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Pros: "great styling, and awesome ride"

Cons: "poor fuel economy, interior could be better."

"Has been a very reliable vehicle. Well built other than the interior. Interior has a very plastic look, and is not constructed as well as it should be for the cost of the vehicle. Also fuel mileage is terrible around town. I bought it new and do not regret it, but may consider the ford expedition next time. Might get a better bang for the buck."

Nothing compares

By on Sunday, April 26, 2015

Pros: "I love it"

"Cadillac, Mercedes, Lexus and others have nothing on the navigator that matters. True GM has great colors but I'm speaking from a mechanics point of view. First, just routine minor maintenance. We expect that. Next, full independent suspension, handles great, much like a smaller vehicle, great diver feedback without a harsh feel. great braking for a vehicle this size. Great acceleration but it is not a mustang or vette. Who is going to drive a luxury SUV at triple digit speeds? keyless entry!!! (combination on door) power, full folding flat seats! Escalade doesn't have it. Everything on interior looks real, not an after thought like the Cadillac added at the last moment. Great seats, steering wheel controls, navigation, radio and climate controls easy to use and understand. Bottom line, Ford got this right and everyone else are wanna bee's. I would buy another one if I needed to but baring something unforeseen, this truck will last me a long long time. Gas mileage ain't great but not bad either. 70-75 miles per hour fully loaded around 18+ mpg. Around 500 miles on a road trip."

Love my Navigator! Very smooth ride.

By on Saturday, March 23, 2013

Pros: "Comfort, luxury, easy driving."

Cons: "visablity hard to see out when 3rd row headrest up"

"This is a great car. My family loves it! Wish I had gone with the L model for more room. (next time!)"

Perfect luxury family car. Safe comfort ride

By on Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Pros: "Have car fax which pries $810 above book"

Cons: "luxury cars are not known for good gas mileage"

"Bought it for my wife but she is going to have to quit driving soon. Fantastic, safe, luxury ride. Everything works and no body damage. Great mechanical condition. Will need tires soon but NO other problems."

Very fine vehicle for the $$$

By on Saturday, December 19, 2009

"I looked at a lot of SUV's before I chose this one. I looked at a Chevy Suburban/GMC Yukon, really big $$$ for those puppies. I even was able to speak to the original owner - he bought a '09 to replace this one. We usually fly when we go see the relatives and yes driving takes a lot longer but when you drive/ride in as comfortable and smooth a vehicle as the "NAV" ,as we call it, it's worth it. My girlfriend even likes it, A LOT, and she is not a fan of "BIG TRUCKS". P.S. She hates my F-250 Super Duty 4x4. Oh well what can I say. Bubba"

A great luxury SUV

By on Saturday, December 05, 2009

"A test ride was all it took for me to sign the papers and drive off with my new Lincoln Navigator. What a great comfortable ride with good performance, handling and a very quiet ride. The fuel millage is the same as the Mercury mountaineers that I have previously leased which is amazing for a larger heavier vehicle. The forward and rear sensing systems in the bumper and a rear view camera make it real easy to park. A truly great vehicle."

By on Saturday, September 05, 2009

""We love it". The style and feel are amazing and when I drive it I feel sorry for people who chose other high end vehicals and got so much less than we did. The Navigator is high tech and classy and it handles like a sports car yet never lets you forget that you are cruzing in the ultamate SUV.We did our homework and checked out all the compatition and are secure in our choice."

Stylish and reliable

By on Wednesday, September 02, 2009

"I love driving this car. It's like travelling by private jet."

Nice vehicle , but

By on Wednesday, March 11, 2009

"I do like the vehicle but I have had some minor nagging problems like inside door handles loose, fuel rail and cruise control recalls, horn that wouldn't stop and I don't like the way the transmission works. Seems to stumble or flatten out in third gear. Dealer says it's OK, I'm not so sure. But I do like the vehicle."

2008 Navigator

By on Friday, January 30, 2009

"I traded my 2003 Navigator in for the new 2008 Navigator and it was the best thing I have ever done. I have the Limited edition and I love the 2 tone seats. The Sync is also a plus. I also like the back up camera, It comes in handy when parking in tight spaces. The xenon lights are really bright. The power running boards are neat too. The best feature is the voice activated navigation system. The engine is really powerful too. If you are looking for a nice suv that is loaded, check out the navigator."

Awesome Vehicle

By on Monday, September 10, 2007

"We have only owned Lincoln Navigators since our first which was the 2002. This one is now a 1 yr old for us and we still LOVE it! Everything about it..."

Combines safety, luxury & load ability

By on Thursday, January 23, 2014

Pros: "Comfortable ride luxury"

Cons: "Gas Milage"

"Together in one vehicle"

Wonderful vehicle

By on Friday, May 24, 2013

Pros: "Perfect car for driver and passenger comfort"

Cons: "Gas mileage is only about 16mpg"

"If I would change anything I would hope for better gas mileage. You can't beat this car for comfort, convenience, and passenger safety."

Best Car!

By on Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Pros: "Looks great"

Cons: "Fuel economy"

"This car drives as smooth as can be. The seats are the so comfortable. Love this car! :)"

sweet ride

By on Tuesday, December 08, 2009

"this is a sweet smooth, luxurious beast."

awsome

By on Thursday, January 01, 2009

"I love this classy"SUV but total luxury...... Awsome power..... Handles like a sports car"

This is the BEST CAR I Have Ever Owned

By on Friday, October 16, 2009

"I have owned just about every make and model car out there. Audi, BMW, Cadillac, Mercedes, Porsche, Toyota, Nissan, VW, Lincoln. My 2008 Navigator L is by far the best car that I have ever owned. I own it for 1 year now and I still look for excuses to drive. I drove from Florida to Branson, MO (20 hours) and I could have done another 20 hours. No fatigue, no stiffness. The ride is smooth, and quiet. The power and handeling are terrific. It does not feel like a 6000 pound truck. It really does handle like a car, however you have to be mindful that it is a top-heavy SUV and drive accordingly. We joke, that when we are in this vehicle, WE ARE THE ROAD. I pity anyone that I get into an accident with (heaven-forbid), because there is so much metal, weight and safety features built into the vehicle. Gas mileage is surprisingly GREAT. 15-16 around town and 18-21 on the road. Yes that was 21mpg going 80mph with A/C going from Florida to NY. The 30 gallon tank gives me a range of 550+ miles. You can fit a house and then some in the car. We travel 4 people and a 55lb Golden Retriever along with all the luggage and kid gear comfortably and safely. 2 objections: 1.Built in DVD player screen blocks the view out of the rear window. I compensate by adjusting my side-view mirrors but that is not as safe. Ford really should have designed that one piece better. 2. I would like to see better pricing. Any way you slice it $55-60K is a lot of money for a car. The sound system is like being in a concert hall. Satellite radio is SWEEEEET. The A/C system is amazing. I love the air conditioned seats. Living in Florida leads to sweaty back. With the A/C in the seat, sweaty back no more. This is my second Navigator. My first was a 2001. My 2008 is so much more luxurious and handles so much better. To show you how much I love this vehicle. A few months ago I heard a rumor that Ford was going to halt production of the vehicle. It turned out not to be true but if they were going to discontinue, I was going to literally buy another one and put it up on blocks until my 2008 died. That is how much I LOVE this vehicle. Ford congratulations on a terrific AMERICAN MADE, quality vehicle."

very nice vehicle-third one I've owned

By on Monday, March 26, 2012

Pros: "Great space and ease of use; handles very well"

Cons: "needs digital clock, 2nd sunglasses case,"

"The navigator is a great luxury SUV. Unlike the Escalade, the back folds completely flat with the push of a button. Everything is very easy to use and the interior is beautifully done. Might be nice to have a digital clock vs the analog clock since the children can read the digital easier. I've owned three navigators (leases) and they have all been great and not given me any trouble at all. The turning radius is superb-better than my husband's BMW! Was involved in a wreck and the Lincoln barely had any damage (a real tank that handles like a car). I ordered my last navigator so I could get color-matched bumpers to avoid the "blingy" look of the chrome bumpers. Some people might like that but I prefer a more understated car. I will get another when this lease is up. Sound system and SYNC are excellent!"

Better than the Escalade

By on Tuesday, March 08, 2011

"This is my second Navigator (first Navigator L). Also own a Cadillac Escalade ESV. While the Escalade appearance gets a better nod for wow factor - the ride, drive, quiet and long distance comfort of the Navigator L wins hands down."

This car hates me!

By on Wednesday, March 10, 2010

"I have had my navigator 15 mos, and have had the leather seat cover in the 3rd row seat replaced bacause of the seat belt rubbing when it is folded; the arm that holds the gate up replaced; the compressor replaced TWICE (6 mos apart) and now it is in the shop again for the driver side power window motor is out! I have never had so much trouble with a car and am just about ready to trade it for an Escalde or Enclave. I HATE CAR TROUBLE!"

I love it!

By on Saturday, March 31, 2007

"I had a 2003 Navigator and traded for the 2007 Navigator. I love it! The interior is SWEET!! The ride is much smoother and much more comfortable. I love the power side steps. Awesome entertainment system! I love everything about it! I would definately trade again if I had it to do over!"

The Greatest

By on Tuesday, November 10, 2009

"The is the best vehicle ever to take a trip in or to take out on the town - ANY town. It is easy to drive and as comfortable as anything on the road. The enigine has plenty of power and still gets very respectable mileage on the highway. My kids loved it and I can't wait to lease the 2010. I cannot imagine a better vehicle or how this one can be improved. In over 40,000 miles not a single repair was needed outside of regular servicing."

Best vehicle we have ever owned.

By on Sunday, September 01, 2013

Pros: "Comfort and safety."

Cons: "Gas mileage could be better."

"This vehicle is the best we have ever owned, and we've had a lot of them. It is great for long trips, and you don't arrive all tired out. We will not consider anything but a similar new vehicle when it comes time to buy again. Yes, it uses more fuel than some tin cans, but it's worth it to be comfortable and confident in a good ride."

Still the Best

By on Tuesday, May 10, 2011

"Traded in my 2008 Navigator L for a 2011. The 2008 was hands down the best car I ever owned. The 2011, if you can believe, surpasses that. The sync system for me was worth upgrading the car. The car handles great, super comfort, very luxurious. American Ford really created a winner. The 2011 takes E85 flex fuel. If you want a very comfortable, reliable luxury SUV, look no further. My only complaint is pricing. $65K is steep no matter how you slice it."

Next to perfect !

By on Wednesday, April 25, 2007

"OUR FIRST NAVIGATOR AND WE LOVE IT !!!!!! WE TEST DROVE MANY SUV'S INCLUDING THE NEW ESCALADE. THE NAVIGATOR HAS A MUCH BETTER RIDE , BETTER SOUND SYSTEM , NAVIGATION SYSTEM,BETTER HANDLEING. ALL AROUND BETTER SUV. ALLTHOUGH THE ESCALADE DID HAVE A BIT MORE POWER BUT THAT WAS IT ! BUY ONE ! YOU WONT BE SORRY!"

Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next