2014 Lincoln MKZ Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $32,851 - $33,820.

10/6.1

Based on 55 Ratings for the 2013 - 2015 models.

Previous | 1 2 3 | Next

Love this car.

By on Friday, August 22, 2014

Pros: "See below"

Cons: "See below"

"I have owned Jags, Mercs, Cads, and this car gives me every thing I had in those cars and more for less money. Ride and handling are excellent. Put it in S mode and it corners like a sport car. The only complaint I have is that there is no power folding side mirrors and no front parking sensors. Love the air condition (not ventilated but real AC) seats!!! Plenty of power too. Back up camera has turning guide lines, not just a picture, which really help park."

great car for the money

By on Monday, February 07, 2011

"The ride is very smooth and quiet, and the seats are incredibly comfortable. I've owned the car for 14 months and 9,000 miles, and it has had absolutely no mechanical or technical issues. The all-wheel drive is amazing in the Wisconsin snow. My car has all available options. The blind-spot/cross-traffic alert system works very well. The voice activated navigation also works amazingly well, and it is handy to speak your destination while driving. (My last car required being in park to program the navigation system.) The executive package is a big hit, especially with the genuine walnut covered center stack and the suede/leather seats. I get many compliments on the car from strangers and passengers, but the best compliment I can give the car is the continuous smiles I have when I walk up to the car and when I drive it! It's a bit pricey, but I have no regrets after owning this car for over a year."

I love my MKZ

By on Thursday, January 09, 2014

Pros: "tech features and value for money"

Cons: "blind spots"

"I purchased a 2013 MKZ a in Aug 2013. So I've had it for about 5 months now. My previous car was a 98 Infiniti that I absolutely love! I actually had my heart set on another Infiniti and was planning to get an Infiniti Q50. I also looked at a new Lexus ES350, 2014 Acura RLX, used BMW 5 series, and a used a Mercedes. I've been looking at cars over a year. I didn't want to spend over $50k and I wanted make sure I got exactly what I wanted since I'll probably have this car for at least 10 years. However, when I started researching the MKZ it had everything I wanted and I ended up purchasing it with a great deal for thousands less than what I was planning to pay for a similarly equipped Q50. I should also say that I am a 34 year old female. I have yet to see another 2013/2014 MKZ in my area. So, I get lots of looks, questions like "is that a Lincoln?", and old men at the gas station wanting to take a look at my new baby. I will say that there are some major blind spots in this car. However, I do have a fully loaded MKZ which includes the tech package with blind spot detection. So, the blind spot detection has really come in handy. I have taken one road trip since I've had her and the ride was very smooth. However, this car doesn't have the "floaty old person car feel". I don't know how to explain it but I'm sure you all know what I mean. My mom has Chrysler 300 and it has the floaty old person car feel. The MKZ does not feel like that at all. It is perfect mix of sporty and smooth. Plus you can easily change the settings if you prefer a smoother or sportier ride. Overall, I'm very pleased with the MKZ and I plan to keep her for a long time. If you are techie like but want the best value for your money the MKZ is a clear winner. No where else will you get a brand new luxury car with similar technology for this price. Plus you have a proven long time trusted brand like Lincoln behind you."

My hybrid Lincoln was a great buy

By on Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Pros: "Luxury drive, versatility, cabriolet experience"

Cons: "Somewhat slow taking of voice commands"

"I now own this car for almost 8 months and very happy with the buy. I was choosing between Audi A4, Lexus ES and Avalon, as I wanted a car in 40K range. How can Kelley Blue Book write that comparable mid-size sedans have more interior space than MKZ? A4 is more cramped in the back with a "hump" so it's basically a 4-seater; ES/Avalon hybrid have nearly no trunk space. I love my Lincoln hybrid for its appeal and yet practicality: it comfortably fits 5 passengers, has excellent mpg ($30 per month on gas vs. $120 for my former car, Volvo XC90); it's a front-wheel but still handles well on the snow so we can even undertake family skiing trips. This is the only hybrid on the market that allows for folded back seats and with seats folded it approaches the cargo capacity of a crossover SUV. Once I managed to transport 4 chairs to repair shop and my son's bicycle fits, too. The ride is quiet and smooth, the sliding roof tops the luxury feeling of this car. Excellent car for the family and yet makes you feel cosmopolitan, distancing yourself from all those soccer moms in Toyotas. My only recommendation for the future models is to improve Sync, which sometimes is slow to accept commands (but the features are fantastic, I hope they will keep them all with their next Blackberry-made system)."

2012 MKZ Hybrid

By on Monday, August 22, 2011

Pros: "Attractiv, fun to drive and with the hybrid, wonderful gas mileage."

Cons: "nothing I can come up with."

"I purchased my 2012 Hybrid about a month ago. The list price was $41,806. This is the loaded price with all options. I negotiated down to $38,000.00. I went back and forth with the dealer for about 6 days to finally get what I wanted to pay for the car. The car it great. It handles well around corners going at high speeds. It really hugs the road as my BMW did. It has the best navigation system out there. Its a nice quiet ride. You can barely feel the switch between the engine on and off when you go back to HE. The car has the power if you need it for fast pass arrounds. Its a smooth ride and very easy to drive. This is an exceptional car and I truly love it. I have not owned an american car for over 10 years. I decided to by american because fords reputation has turned totally around. The cars they build are now competative to the forieghn ones. Overall I am very happy with my american car purchase and love it. Great warranty!!!!!!!! Great service department. The best thing is that I got 4 year 50 mileag maintmance free on it. If you had doubts before like me then this will change your mind. I am very picky and particular and had so many choices. Take your time looking for the car you want. I took 4 months to really find my car and I got what i wanted and paid what I wanted. Good luck new auto buyers!!!!"

2010 Lincoln MKZ

By on Wednesday, July 21, 2010

"Had the car just over a year. Liked it enough to buy it in the first place. Like it better every time I get into it. My daily driver. Comfortable, decent performance, good mileage (averaging 22.6 mpg), and VERY quiet. Standard sound system just fine. A car of this caliber should come with a trunk cargo net standard, though, and the dirver's outside rear-view mirror should dip (a la Hyundai and others) when put in reverse gear. A/C can be a little slow to cool on very hot days, but, I attribute part of that to the car's dark gray color."

MKZ spoke to us

By on Monday, August 09, 2010

"This is our first luxury car. To be honest this car spoke to us when we first saw it. 1st I do not see man people driving them (love that). 2nd It has class that doesn't say you're old, but more like your vibrant. The car handles very well, the trip-tronic gear shift is amazing for the 1-3 gears of accuration and then the 4-6 gears are just right for that light cruise when you enter the hwy. It has only a few things that I disliked (some interior design, some options, and some mech. AC - a little slow). In the end when we compared this to a C300 (Same price range - just not the class), BMW 328i or 335 (a tad higher price range and not considered a luxury car), CTS (very nice car with upgrades lacking or putting the price range in the $40K+). Me and the Wife are very happy with our newest selection and I know you will be as well."

GREATEST PURCHASE I HAVE EVER MADE !

By on Saturday, January 04, 2014

Pros: "Ext. & Int. Design, Technology, Suspension, Seats."

Cons: "Small driver floor mat, steering at low speeds."

"I am 40 years old and I live in Mexico. I purchased the fully loaded MKZ V6. I was in the market for a $50,000 dollar car. My considerations were the BMW 328i and the Cadillac ATS. I liked the MKZ because if offered a V6 engine instead of a turbo 4. For $46,500 I bought the loaded MKZ with technology package which I have been using every single gadget (adaptive cruise, lane keeping assist, auto high beams, adaptive headlights that turns with steering, auto wipers, etc.) This car is a DELIGHT to drive. The seats are very comfortable and you can immediately sense the high quality leather used in them. It is very easy to find a comfortable driving position. It has 3 different suspension modes: Sport, Normal, Comfort. The Sport mode drives like a german car, the Comfort mode drives like a Town Car. In this car I have the best of both worlds. The engine sounds great, brakes are very good, and in Comfort mode you will barely hear any exterior noise. Lincoln did a great job with this car. I truly recommend its purchase."

Great car

By on Thursday, October 20, 2011

"I had a Fusion hybrid that I ended up giving to a relative. Really missed the hybrid experience, so bought the MKZ. Quiet, fantastic mileage, great sound system, nice handling (feels nothing like a Camry or any GM sedan)."

Love this car, and got 46.1mpg combo driving.

By on Thursday, November 28, 2013

Pros: "Everthing and 46mpg!"

"I've had this car for about a month now and I'm loving it more each day I drive it. First of all it is BEAUTIFUL inside and out, it drives like a dream and I love the "VALUE" I got from this car. I looked at the BMW 528 and MB E300H and they start at 50k+ and don't have some of the great stuff I has. I got 46mpg from two fill-ups, but I drive mostly on electric and in traffic and take my time! if you drive slowly and give yourself lots of stop distance you can get 45+mpg. Love the LED lights inside and out and the AC front "seats" and the adaptive cruise / LED highlights / ride controls. The voice control system is awesome,it can control almost anything (calls, Nav, Temp and Radio / Sat). I also got 4 year Maintenance "free" included, just pay for the gas, LOVING IT!"

Eco 2.0 FWD 2014

By on Monday, July 28, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive, good value for price, great mileage"

Cons: "rear visibility, My Lincoln touch is a pain to use"

"Wanted to move from a SUV to a entry level luxury sedan. Bought the Ecoboost 2.0 FWD off the lot because I liked the options/price of the car. 0% financing sealed the deal. After 5 months and 4,000 miles, I'm very impressed with the mpg's. Getting 23 around town and 32 on the highway. While Lincoln recommends premium fuel for this engine, it will operate just fine on regular unleaded although I do notice slightly better acceleration on premium fuel. I highly recommend the option package with the rear view camera as this car has terrible rearward visibility. The design of the roof line makes the car seem much larger than it actually is. When "comfort" mode is selected the MKZ rides and drives like a dream. On the other hand "sport" mode seems far too harsh."

42.5 mpg in the city!

By on Tuesday, June 05, 2012

Pros: "great mpg, ride, reliability"

Cons: "Too much time for the backup camera to activate"

"I owned a Camry hybrid before the MKZ and the Lincoln drives so much nicer. Handling is much better as well. The ride is relaxed and stable on the highway. The cooled seats are fantastic in the summer. Back seat room is good for a smaller car - 4 adults can sit comfortably for long drives. The touch screen navigation is great, as is the Sirius traffic, fuel prices, and movie times. Car has been very reliable."

Very happy

By on Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Pros: "Style, comfort, MPG"

Cons: "Trunk space"

"We wanted to replace our eight year old Cadillac STS (worst car I have ever owned) We looked at many other luxury cars over the last few months. We wanted luxury, style, comfort, and better MPG. My wife is in heavy traffic to and from work. The car is currently getting 37mpg in very cold weather. We expect that to go up as the weather gets warmer. The car drives great in winter conditions. We've had no issues with the car as of yet. And we are pleased with our purchase. Overall this car has suited all of our needs without breaking the bank. We did have a hard time finding a car that compared with the STS ride and comfort, the Lincoln MKZ had surpassed it. We are getiing great gas mileage, which was very important to us. This car was 10,000 less than the sticker price of our 2006 STS and gives us everything the STS did, except better gas mileage."

I support American, Mexican, & Canadian workers

By on Thursday, March 06, 2014

Pros: "I'm 6'2 and I still have room"

Cons: "Can't think of one"

"That's right! American, Mexican, & Canadian workers made my ruby red MKZ. Had a 2011 Prius and gave it to my mother. I love my Lincoln Hybrid."

Smooth, Comfortable, and Sophisticated!

By on Monday, April 02, 2012

Pros: "great value, fun to drive, sleek and stylish"

Cons: "None!"

"Excellent value for a luxury vehicle!"

Great so far

By on Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Pros: "Step on it and be surprised!"

Cons: "free space"

"I dumped a 2011 Equinox and lost 1k, but it was worth it! Equinox = 17 mpg, MKZ 35 mpg average so far (mixed hwy/city) The interior is lacking (a tiny bit) in luxury but I knew this up front. My only issue is storage room inside and trunk, I wish they would have opted for a little more sheet metal, but that’s where they all are going. It is close to my old 2002 Caddy DTS."

My first hybrid-2014 Ingot Silver MKZ

By on Thursday, April 17, 2014

Pros: "Fuel ecomomy, THX sound system"

"I have had my 2014 MKZ hybrid for 3 months, I drive 32 miles to work each way mostly freeway. With my previous work vehicle, a 2006 Mountaineer the best mpg was 19 @ 65-70 mph. With the MKZ my worst has been 38 mpg and as I approach the 3000 mile break in period my mileage is continually increasing, I am currently getting 43-44 mpg which is saving me $120 - 150 monthly. Even though this is a hybrid it still has enough pep, to accelerate quickly onto the freeway. No complaints with any equipment functions or mechanical issues. Lots of compliments everywhere I go even though this a entry level Lincoln Ford has done a very good job on this model. Love the THX sound system and the overall layout of the interior, this is definitely a driver friendly car. I have been driving Lincolns since the 1970's and this MKZ is among one of my favorites so far."

Very nice vehicle

By on Saturday, March 31, 2012

Pros: "Ride comfort, audio"

Cons: "Interior storage compartments not quite on par"

"Previously I owned several Mercedes, but my commute has changed and I really wanted hybrid technology, or more important...improved fuel economy. The MKZ is a very fine automobile for the money. It has some things that I feel could be better, but then so did Mercedes. Many reviewers complain about the driving dynamics being sedated or boring, are the reviewers 20? It may not have the high horse power as the imported models, but for the zero times I will ever need, or have ever found that necessary, this car is more than competent. The ride is smooth and quiet, and very nice. The vehicle has enough power to pass or merge as necessary, and the shifting is relatively seamless. I think the accessory compartments could step up a bit more in overall quality but trade offs need to be made somewhere (weight, price, etc.). The trunk space on the hybrid is sufficient, and better than the Mercedes C300. The fuel economy is a wonderful thing, I am averaging 38 MPG because I do mostly highway driving. 38 MPG beats the heck out of 22 - 23 MPG and having to run premium fuel. The arm rest on the door is a bit lower than I prefer, but this is entirely subjective and by no means a complaint. The synch system is fantastic, and I love having on demand weather radar. Overall, I like this vehicle and would recommend it without reservation to anyone seeking a refined, efficient, means of transportation. If you are seeking fun, and a vehicle that screams "look at me!", this is probably not your vehicle."

Best vehicle ever!

By on Monday, September 16, 2013

Pros: "As a true luxury car, there's no competition."

Cons: "In 2014, they took out my maple wood trim."

"I've owned 6-8 new Cad. sedans, several new Mercedes 230-300 roadsters and sedans and one nearly-new Rolls. This one is the most fascinating of all and does what none of the others could, without breathing hard. Electric steering, heated and cooled seats, high gas mileage and low emissions. Why drive a roller skate to get great mileage, when you can do it with a Lincoln? The 2014 now offers fold-down rear seats with a pretty big trunk pass-through, 45 mpg in city, rear seat A/C and electric pull-down trunk, not to mention the smart new glass ceiling. Acceleration is made swift by linking both the gas engine with electric motors all at one time."

Love this car

By on Friday, December 30, 2011

Pros: "Mileage,fun to drive"

Cons: "trunk space of hybrid"

"I purchased this car 11/5/11 and really like this car!! It is very quiet and the mileage 38mpg is getting better with age. The seats are very comfortable and driving is very enjoyable. I agree that battery pack limits trunk space but other than that the car is excellent!! I am kind of curious what will change in 2013 model due out in early spring 2012,maybe I should of waited?"

Love HYBRID/GAS combination

By on Sunday, August 24, 2014

Pros: "Excellent quality car, luxury everywhere"

My space ship in PORT

"Very comfortable, quiet and smooth driving vehicle. Tremendous gas mileage for a large luxury vehicle. As a former Lincoln owner, this is the best Lincoln model I have ever owned."

My space ship in PORT

Not my favorite car

By on Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Pros: "Handles well, good gas mileage"

Cons: "Too many serious blind spots"

"I have no -- as in NO -- visibility out of the right side rear window when I have a front-seat passenger. Serious blind spots both sides. That 3rd brake light in the back window blocks some obnoxious headlights at night but also blocks some necessary visual of what's going on. Car does not always remember my settings, not the worst thing but annoying!! Like the handling, love the red color, heated/cooled seats are wonderful."

BEWARE DO NOT PURCHASE THIS CAR

By on Thursday, December 12, 2013

Pros: "technology, looks, quiet, fun to drive"

Cons: "Quality, fitment, mpg, lincoln customer service"

"I have had this car for a little over 3 months and it had been in service more than I have had it at my house. The problems I have had range from No key detected, car not starting, key range less than 5 feet, touch door handles not working, adaptive cruise not working, lane keeping not working, power sun shade jamming, interior panels broken, poor fitment, paint falling off. Now I stuck threw the painfully slow experience trying to get this all resolved. After getting stranded a third time because the car would not register the key being inside the vehicle. I started the process of trying to get Lincoln to buy back the vehicle. Even after this vehicle having by far more problems any new car should EVER have, Lincoln refused to buy back my vehicle. I personally know this car has been riddled with problems since its release and know a lot of people have had these problems and more that I never experienced."

first luxury vehicle and worth the extra cost

By on Wednesday, October 08, 2014

"This vehicle was twice what I have paid for any previous vehicle, and I had a hard time justifying the cost to myself. But no regrets. I don't understand why any buyer would not get the hybrid since it was the same cost."

Nice Car - Great Gas Milage

By on Saturday, March 08, 2014

Pros: "Gas Milage and Styling"

Cons: "Seats and Color Scheme on Sync system"

"Keep in mind I'm a mid-40s long time pick up truck and SUV driver so moving to what I now call my "old man" car took some getting used to. I like the body and interior styling the first time I saw it and after driving it for a few weeks I'm very impressed. Despite what I've seen in some other reviews I'm getting very good gas milage. If drive it like "an old man" I easily get +41 and even if push it hard I couldn't get it under +37 no matter how hard I tried. The technology is great. Sync works fine. But to be fair moving from a six year old pick up I'm pretty easy to impress. If I were to change something: the seats are very snug in the shoulders and I'm not thrilled with the color scheme on the sync system (a minor issue but something you would think they would allow the driver to customizable)."

Previous | 1 2 3 | Next