2014 Lincoln MKZ Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $33,034 - $33,959.

10/6.1

Based on 45 Ratings for the 2013 - 2015 models.

Best lincoln I have had, and this is my fourth.

By on Thursday, May 29, 2014

Pros: "see above"

"A little slow on the pick up over 40 mph. Good pickup 0-40, but the 38-40 gas mileage overall with regular gas makes up for that"

The best car I ever owned.

By on Thursday, April 17, 2014

"nothing wrong with this car. It is a great car . The person who buys this car will many trouble free years."

My first hybrid-2014 Ingot Silver MKZ

By on Thursday, April 17, 2014

Pros: "Fuel ecomomy, THX sound system"

"I have had my 2014 MKZ hybrid for 3 months, I drive 32 miles to work each way mostly freeway. With my previous work vehicle, a 2006 Mountaineer the best mpg was 19 @ 65-70 mph. With the MKZ my worst has been 38 mpg and as I approach the 3000 mile break in period my mileage is continually increasing, I am currently getting 43-44 mpg which is saving me $120 - 150 monthly. Even though this is a hybrid it still has enough pep, to accelerate quickly onto the freeway. No complaints with any equipment functions or mechanical issues. Lots of compliments everywhere I go even though this a entry level Lincoln Ford has done a very good job on this model. Love the THX sound system and the overall layout of the interior, this is definitely a driver friendly car. I have been driving Lincolns since the 1970's and this MKZ is among one of my favorites so far."

2013 MKZ AWD 2.0 ECO BOOST FULLY LOADED

By on Sunday, April 06, 2014

"i have it and love it. should have more leg room in the rear . if u have kids its little tight in the back .... but over all great car .."

So far so good

By on Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Pros: "$ for included features, mpg, sharp looks, 0% fin"

Cons: "upgrade for rear camera, mpg is not always 45 hwy"

"1000 miles in and still glad i bought. wanted better model than fusion hybrid with more bells and whistles. mdz fit the bill and was only a couple thousand more than ford. same gas mileage per gallon and much more likable car. base model has most everything we needed but we splurged on the 201a pkg for the back up camera. actual mpg has ranged from the high 30's to over 50 in areas where max speed limit is 45. that is the sweet spot apparently. my first hybrid and with long warranty on that system, it sold me along with 0% financing."

My hybrid Lincoln was a great buy

By on Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Pros: "Luxury drive, versatility, cabriolet experience"

Cons: "Somewhat slow taking of voice commands"

"I now own this car for almost 8 months and very happy with the buy. I was choosing between Audi A4, Lexus ES and Avalon, as I wanted a car in 40K range. How can Kelley Blue Book write that comparable mid-size sedans have more interior space than MKZ? A4 is more cramped in the back with a "hump" so it's basically a 4-seater; ES/Avalon hybrid have nearly no trunk space. I love my Lincoln hybrid for its appeal and yet practicality: it comfortably fits 5 passengers, has excellent mpg ($30 per month on gas vs. $120 for my former car, Volvo XC90); it's a front-wheel but still handles well on the snow so we can even undertake family skiing trips. This is the only hybrid on the market that allows for folded back seats and with seats folded it approaches the cargo capacity of a crossover SUV. Once I managed to transport 4 chairs to repair shop and my son's bicycle fits, too. The ride is quiet and smooth, the sliding roof tops the luxury feeling of this car. Excellent car for the family and yet makes you feel cosmopolitan, distancing yourself from all those soccer moms in Toyotas. My only recommendation for the future models is to improve Sync, which sometimes is slow to accept commands (but the features are fantastic, I hope they will keep them all with their next Blackberry-made system)."

Nice Car - Great Gas Milage

By on Saturday, March 08, 2014

Pros: "Gas Milage and Styling"

Cons: "Seats and Color Scheme on Sync system"

"Keep in mind I'm a mid-40s long time pick up truck and SUV driver so moving to what I now call my "old man" car took some getting used to. I like the body and interior styling the first time I saw it and after driving it for a few weeks I'm very impressed. Despite what I've seen in some other reviews I'm getting very good gas milage. If drive it like "an old man" I easily get +41 and even if push it hard I couldn't get it under +37 no matter how hard I tried. The technology is great. Sync works fine. But to be fair moving from a six year old pick up I'm pretty easy to impress. If I were to change something: the seats are very snug in the shoulders and I'm not thrilled with the color scheme on the sync system (a minor issue but something you would think they would allow the driver to customizable)."

I support American, Mexican, & Canadian workers

By on Thursday, March 06, 2014

Pros: "I'm 6'2 and I still have room"

Cons: "Can't think of one"

"That's right! American, Mexican, & Canadian workers made my ruby red MKZ. Had a 2011 Prius and gave it to my mother. I love my Lincoln Hybrid."

Biggest Mistake Ever!

By on Monday, February 03, 2014

Pros: "Body Style, Comfort"

Cons: "Quality, dependability, service experience."

"I leased this vehicle brand new. Have owned it for barely five months and It has been in the shop four times, a total of one month. I have never had an experience like this before. One problem after another. Vehicle won't detect key, won't start, steering issues, drivability issues. Many parts having to be replaced. Get one problem fixed and I'm back with a new one a few weeks later. I have a long year and half left on my lease. I am so disappointed. Will never purchase a Lincoln again. I can't for my lease to end."

I love my MKZ

By on Thursday, January 09, 2014

Pros: "tech features and value for money"

Cons: "blind spots"

"I purchased a 2013 MKZ a in Aug 2013. So I've had it for about 5 months now. My previous car was a 98 Infiniti that I absolutely love! I actually had my heart set on another Infiniti and was planning to get an Infiniti Q50. I also looked at a new Lexus ES350, 2014 Acura RLX, used BMW 5 series, and a used a Mercedes. I've been looking at cars over a year. I didn't want to spend over $50k and I wanted make sure I got exactly what I wanted since I'll probably have this car for at least 10 years. However, when I started researching the MKZ it had everything I wanted and I ended up purchasing it with a great deal for thousands less than what I was planning to pay for a similarly equipped Q50. I should also say that I am a 34 year old female. I have yet to see another 2013/2014 MKZ in my area. So, I get lots of looks, questions like "is that a Lincoln?", and old men at the gas station wanting to take a look at my new baby. I will say that there are some major blind spots in this car. However, I do have a fully loaded MKZ which includes the tech package with blind spot detection. So, the blind spot detection has really come in handy. I have taken one road trip since I've had her and the ride was very smooth. However, this car doesn't have the "floaty old person car feel". I don't know how to explain it but I'm sure you all know what I mean. My mom has Chrysler 300 and it has the floaty old person car feel. The MKZ does not feel like that at all. It is perfect mix of sporty and smooth. Plus you can easily change the settings if you prefer a smoother or sportier ride. Overall, I'm very pleased with the MKZ and I plan to keep her for a long time. If you are techie like but want the best value for your money the MKZ is a clear winner. No where else will you get a brand new luxury car with similar technology for this price. Plus you have a proven long time trusted brand like Lincoln behind you."

GREATEST PURCHASE I HAVE EVER MADE !

By on Saturday, January 04, 2014

Pros: "Ext. & Int. Design, Technology, Suspension, Seats."

Cons: "Small driver floor mat, steering at low speeds."

"I am 40 years old and I live in Mexico. I purchased the fully loaded MKZ V6. I was in the market for a $50,000 dollar car. My considerations were the BMW 328i and the Cadillac ATS. I liked the MKZ because if offered a V6 engine instead of a turbo 4. For $46,500 I bought the loaded MKZ with technology package which I have been using every single gadget (adaptive cruise, lane keeping assist, auto high beams, adaptive headlights that turns with steering, auto wipers, etc.) This car is a DELIGHT to drive. The seats are very comfortable and you can immediately sense the high quality leather used in them. It is very easy to find a comfortable driving position. It has 3 different suspension modes: Sport, Normal, Comfort. The Sport mode drives like a german car, the Comfort mode drives like a Town Car. In this car I have the best of both worlds. The engine sounds great, brakes are very good, and in Comfort mode you will barely hear any exterior noise. Lincoln did a great job with this car. I truly recommend its purchase."

Very happy

By on Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Pros: "Style, comfort, MPG"

Cons: "Trunk space"

"We wanted to replace our eight year old Cadillac STS (worst car I have ever owned) We looked at many other luxury cars over the last few months. We wanted luxury, style, comfort, and better MPG. My wife is in heavy traffic to and from work. The car is currently getting 37mpg in very cold weather. We expect that to go up as the weather gets warmer. The car drives great in winter conditions. We've had no issues with the car as of yet. And we are pleased with our purchase. Overall this car has suited all of our needs without breaking the bank. We did have a hard time finding a car that compared with the STS ride and comfort, the Lincoln MKZ had surpassed it. We are getiing great gas mileage, which was very important to us. This car was 10,000 less than the sticker price of our 2006 STS and gives us everything the STS did, except better gas mileage."

BEWARE DO NOT PURCHASE THIS CAR

By on Thursday, December 12, 2013

Pros: "technology, looks, quiet, fun to drive"

Cons: "Quality, fitment, mpg, lincoln customer service"

"I have had this car for a little over 3 months and it had been in service more than I have had it at my house. The problems I have had range from No key detected, car not starting, key range less than 5 feet, touch door handles not working, adaptive cruise not working, lane keeping not working, power sun shade jamming, interior panels broken, poor fitment, paint falling off. Now I stuck threw the painfully slow experience trying to get this all resolved. After getting stranded a third time because the car would not register the key being inside the vehicle. I started the process of trying to get Lincoln to buy back the vehicle. Even after this vehicle having by far more problems any new car should EVER have, Lincoln refused to buy back my vehicle. I personally know this car has been riddled with problems since its release and know a lot of people have had these problems and more that I never experienced."

Love this car, and got 46.1mpg combo driving.

By on Thursday, November 28, 2013

Pros: "Everthing and 46mpg!"

"I've had this car for about a month now and I'm loving it more each day I drive it. First of all it is BEAUTIFUL inside and out, it drives like a dream and I love the "VALUE" I got from this car. I looked at the BMW 528 and MB E300H and they start at 50k+ and don't have some of the great stuff I has. I got 46mpg from two fill-ups, but I drive mostly on electric and in traffic and take my time! if you drive slowly and give yourself lots of stop distance you can get 45+mpg. Love the LED lights inside and out and the AC front "seats" and the adaptive cruise / LED highlights / ride controls. The voice control system is awesome,it can control almost anything (calls, Nav, Temp and Radio / Sat). I also got 4 year Maintenance "free" included, just pay for the gas, LOVING IT!"

Very disappointed

By on Monday, October 28, 2013

Pros: "mileage"

Cons: "interior space, quality, postsales cust. service"

my car

"disappointed with post sales service; overall gas mileage."

my car

LOVE THIS CAR ABOVE ALL ELSE

By on Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Pros: "drive, looks, power, electronics, sunroof, style,"

Cons: "headroom for a 6ft 4 man"

"Ive had Chrysler 300, Avalons, Camrys, Mazda Millenia, and have driven many many more. This car LOOKS SEXY, drives so so nice, accelerates NICELY, sounds great, handles and responds like a dream. I LOVE the sunroof.It is amazing, people stop and comment on the car all of the time.They cant believe its a Lincoln."

Best vehicle ever!

By on Monday, September 16, 2013

Pros: "As a true luxury car, there's no competition."

Cons: "In 2014, they took out my maple wood trim."

"I've owned 6-8 new Cad. sedans, several new Mercedes 230-300 roadsters and sedans and one nearly-new Rolls. This one is the most fascinating of all and does what none of the others could, without breathing hard. Electric steering, heated and cooled seats, high gas mileage and low emissions. Why drive a roller skate to get great mileage, when you can do it with a Lincoln? The 2014 now offers fold-down rear seats with a pretty big trunk pass-through, 45 mpg in city, rear seat A/C and electric pull-down trunk, not to mention the smart new glass ceiling. Acceleration is made swift by linking both the gas engine with electric motors all at one time."

42.5 mpg in the city!

By on Tuesday, June 05, 2012

Pros: "great mpg, ride, reliability"

Cons: "Too much time for the backup camera to activate"

"I owned a Camry hybrid before the MKZ and the Lincoln drives so much nicer. Handling is much better as well. The ride is relaxed and stable on the highway. The cooled seats are fantastic in the summer. Back seat room is good for a smaller car - 4 adults can sit comfortably for long drives. The touch screen navigation is great, as is the Sirius traffic, fuel prices, and movie times. Car has been very reliable."

Don't believe their gas milage

By on Thursday, April 26, 2012

Pros: "nice car"

Cons: "poor gas milage for a hybrid"

"They advertise you will get around 41 mpg, but Ihave to work hard to get 30."

Smooth, Comfortable, and Sophisticated!

By on Monday, April 02, 2012

Pros: "great value, fun to drive, sleek and stylish"

Cons: "None!"

"Excellent value for a luxury vehicle!"

Very nice vehicle

By on Saturday, March 31, 2012

Pros: "Ride comfort, audio"

Cons: "Interior storage compartments not quite on par"

"Previously I owned several Mercedes, but my commute has changed and I really wanted hybrid technology, or more important...improved fuel economy. The MKZ is a very fine automobile for the money. It has some things that I feel could be better, but then so did Mercedes. Many reviewers complain about the driving dynamics being sedated or boring, are the reviewers 20? It may not have the high horse power as the imported models, but for the zero times I will ever need, or have ever found that necessary, this car is more than competent. The ride is smooth and quiet, and very nice. The vehicle has enough power to pass or merge as necessary, and the shifting is relatively seamless. I think the accessory compartments could step up a bit more in overall quality but trade offs need to be made somewhere (weight, price, etc.). The trunk space on the hybrid is sufficient, and better than the Mercedes C300. The fuel economy is a wonderful thing, I am averaging 38 MPG because I do mostly highway driving. 38 MPG beats the heck out of 22 - 23 MPG and having to run premium fuel. The arm rest on the door is a bit lower than I prefer, but this is entirely subjective and by no means a complaint. The synch system is fantastic, and I love having on demand weather radar. Overall, I like this vehicle and would recommend it without reservation to anyone seeking a refined, efficient, means of transportation. If you are seeking fun, and a vehicle that screams "look at me!", this is probably not your vehicle."

Not my favorite car

By on Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Pros: "Handles well, good gas mileage"

Cons: "Too many serious blind spots"

"I have no -- as in NO -- visibility out of the right side rear window when I have a front-seat passenger. Serious blind spots both sides. That 3rd brake light in the back window blocks some obnoxious headlights at night but also blocks some necessary visual of what's going on. Car does not always remember my settings, not the worst thing but annoying!! Like the handling, love the red color, heated/cooled seats are wonderful."

OK alternative to the Camry

By on Friday, February 10, 2012

Pros: "Nice interior, 33 mpg on the hybrid for me,"

Cons: "rough ride on some freeways"

"I searched and searched for a car with over 30 miles to the gallon but that was not an economy car. I handed on the MKZ. I am very happy with the interior seats, noise (lack of) and gas mileage. The leaf fuel economy icons are fun to watch "grow" with good mileage. Sound system is very nice and the seat warmers/cooler are great. The wood trim takes the interior up a notch for sure. I love the feel of the steering wheel. The car is sturdy but runs rough on the freeway which I found surprising for a Lincoln. As a former Camry hybrid owner, I miss the following: Keyless Entry - I had to get used to knowing where my keys were and having them in my hand to start the car. Turning radius - The Camry turning radius was great. I end of doing a three point turn to make a U-turn. Trunk opening - I miss having a trunk to pops up when you open it. Navigating system - Though they tout the Sync system, it does work with every phone. In fact, only BMW as I know it has the system that will actually read the text and emails which again is something they tout. Also, the actual map is laid out so that it is hard to read the names of the west/east and north/south streets. They are all listed horizontally even if the street appears vertically on the map. In the Camry, you can touch the map and more it to see an area that is not in view. All in all, I have learned to live with these issues."

Very clunky

By on Sunday, January 29, 2012

"My wife and I both consider this to be the most expensive cheap car we have ever had. Uncomfortable seating, clumsy controls, wind and road noise, cerainly not a luxury car. Cannot wait to get rid of it!"

best vehicle i have ever owned

By on Saturday, December 31, 2011

Pros: "a tribute to american engineering"

"mkz is the absolute finest auto i have owned"

See if you qualify for