2014 Lincoln MKX Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $36,667 - $37,507.

10/6.0

9.3

Based on 189 Ratings for the 2007 - 2015 models.

Driving this gem is almost as good as making love.

By on Saturday, April 05, 2014

Pros: "Everything I can think of."

Cons: "Can't buy anything to make it look or drive better"

"In febuary 2012 I bought this vehicule used from a Lincoln dealer with 16500 kilometers. On my way to a Cadillac dealer to buy an SRX I remembered a friend had told me that the MKX had changed a lot for 2011, they changed the looks of the front end, new engine and lots of interior modifications and upgrades so... I took the time to drive by the Lincoln dealership just "to see" and BANG... there it was, I fell in love with this extra clean blue, chromed to my taste, full of extras Lincoln MKX. With the dealer permission my wife and I took it for a 3 hour drive test and we finally never went to the Cadillac dealer and to this day we have absolutely NO regrets with my decision. I can't remember how many times I was asked if I liked it and told how great it looks. The vehicule is the greatest car I ever owed. I am 64 and I had my 1st car I was 18. The only repair I had during the pass 2 years was for a power steering hose that was repaired under warranty. The Lincoln Sync system is a joy to work with. It recognised my commands the first time I used it. The Bluetooth connects to my phone quickly and is easy to use. The navigating system is a charm to use and gives very precise directions with the choice of voices easy to understand with 3 or 4 different language accents. Lots of engine power and torque. The car is super quiet and very good on fuel economy for an SUV. Just love it and when and if I change car I will buy an other MKX."

Great to drive, easy to handle

By on Friday, August 17, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive"

Cons: "No light in the glove compartment"

"Its gas mileage isn't great in comparison to a Lincoln Continental I owned. I got 21 miles to the gallon in the Continental, 19 miles in the MKX Other than the mileage it's wonderful to drive. not too much noise, good visability. I will buy another"

A good buy.

By on Tuesday, April 03, 2012

Pros: "Everything."

Cons: "Could go a little farther on a gallon."

"Have owned it for two years. No problems at all. Tires are pricey but otherwise can't complain. The vehicle has good space, nice style, and is made in the USA. Expected a little better gas mileage."

Are you kidding me!!!

By on Friday, May 03, 2013

Pros: "Nice Ride"

Cons: "Better gas milage"

"I have had many cars over my 54 years and have been driving since 17. This car is a must see and must drive. You cannot get a more complete vehicle."

I love this car

By on Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Pros: "Its beautiful, has the panoramic roof, very smooth"

Cons: "Too small"

"I really like this car. I'm only thinking of trading it because it is really too small. Its great for four people but anymore than that, its too crowded and I have five grandchildren."

big difference from the 2010 ,model

By on Thursday, September 06, 2012

Pros: "additional safety senors and back up cam"

Cons: "need another 2 inches for the rear passenger."

"the built in saftey features are a must for driving on the roads today and the back up camera prevents dents and dings on the rar of the car plus the senors for on coming cars approaching from the blind side."

OUTSTANDING QUALITY

By on Thursday, July 26, 2007

"I have owned two Lincoln Aviators and thought they were 3-4 on the rating chart. This new MKX is wonderful to drive. It definitely rates a 5 for me. I purchased every option available except the DVD system. The sound system is wonderful. I was considering the Lexus RX 350 and the Infinity X35 but, decided on the MKX. I am very happy with my choice and get many compliments from my friends."

Love this car!

By on Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Pros: "many extras come standard"

"This is by far the best SUV on the market. I have all the extras with plenty of room for passengers and cargo. I also get great mileage. I would buy this car again and again :)"

I really love this car

By on Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Pros: "Smoothest ride; extremely reliable; AWD awesome"

Cons: "Okay MPG"

"I truly enjoy my MKX - 2008. I have never had to spend a dime on extra maintenance. Honestly, I love looking at it every time I walk up to it in a parking lot (pearl white). I have considered trading it in, since it has so many miles, and I have driven a BMW X3, Lexus 350, Audi crossover, Edge Limited and a Cadillac SRV. None of those vehicles has 'everything' that I love in my MKX. Lexus drives well, but has a weird interior; X3 performs, but has choppy ride; Audi - no comparison to MKX, IMHO. Only the Edge LTD and Cadillac come close. I may just keep it and hope it goes another 100K with no problems. Just had it serviced..looks new and drives like a Lincoln - unbelievably smooth. Got a call from a dealer interested - may trade it in on a 2013."

Nice ride

By on Sunday, September 12, 2010

"I've owned this car for just over year and half now and still enjoy it. Although not as much as my 2001 continental that I traded in for this car? After reading all the reviews on the MKX, it was compared to and rated just as good as the Continentals were, but the ride and comfort just doesn't compare it? Not sure I'll buy anther MKX again. But I look forward to years of trouble free riding just as my old car. I owned that car for 6 years and put 100,000 miles on it with NO issues. The quality of Licolns are just a good if not better than most other cars out there. The only real complaint with my new MKX is that steering wheel does not tilt down enough to make the ride comfy and I'm always hitting the fan button on the steering wheel turning off the "auto-air". Drives me nuts. Other than that, everything else is great. The THX sound is unreal and worth every penny. And the dual sun roof is too cool as well."

Big Surprise

By on Monday, May 19, 2008

"We have had this MKX for only a week but al;ready know this is one very solid, quiet and smooth vehicle. We have had many SUVs over the years and some far more expensive but the MKX can compete and exceed all of them. We are very impressed with this vehicle. The automatic folding rear seats are fantastic and better than anything we have had in the past."

love it

By on Friday, July 20, 2012

"great vechicle. drives/rides great. good mid priced luxury cross-over. Hope to drive my 07 for another year before trading for another used mkx. re-sale is not the greatest so would rather buy one thats a year or two old for a great discount versus the new price."

"Cheapest" luxury Car

By on Tuesday, November 08, 2011

Pros: "Looks good."

Cons: "Several-with no help from Ford/Lincoln dealership."

"I purchased the MKX as a "luxury" car to visit my children who are 8 hrs away. I did test drive the car but only for a few minutes and even though the front seat "rubbed" and made a noise the salesman said they had fixed it. Well I drove it home (about 80 miles) and by the time I got home my legs were killing me-apparently the bar that is under the cushion that works the seat heater and cooler is very prominent and makes a large hump under your legs-and the longer you ride in it the worse it is-the dealership made an attempt at fixing it but said there had been no complaints about this so could do nothing-since then I took it to the dealer in my hometown and still no help. Also it has only 1 CD capability, touch screen re-boots often, and the seat cover still rubs and "squeaks". Also has a lot of turbulence noise (what the dealership calls it) and various other rattles-no help from the dealership on any of this. Definitely will NOT buy another Lincoln!"

Best I've Ever Owned and I've owned alot!

By on Sunday, August 16, 2009

"I was looking for a SUV and had no interest in a MKX. After alot of pressure from my family I agreed to test drive this black on black MKX. (It was beautiful). I was sold when I sit down in the seat! The test drive was unbelieveable! I love the the Vista sun roof and the navigation system, it's very accurate. The car is loaded with bells and whistles and I enjoy ever one of them. I can't tell you how many people have walked up to me in a parking lot and told me how beautiful the MKX is. The free year of maintenance is also a plus! Would highly recommend this vehicle!!!"

Best vehicle money can buy

By on Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Pros: "Great Vehicle for the money"

Cons: "None at this time.."

"I have driven this car to another State and has given no problem or shown likelyhood of problems mechanically or electronically. Car is smooth, excellen breaking control with abs and has real positive steering wheel guidance. Firs american car I've learn to trust and love. Ride is smooth and quiet; comfortable seats and lots of leg space. All amenities installed in this car continue to perform excellently.. In my opinion, LINCOLN MKX is worth the investment I have so far expended. I have driven this car for almost two years, trouble free since I purchased the car.."

Luv it!!

By on Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Pros: "Auto back gate, auto seat fold down, nav sys"

Cons: "Nav system expensive to update, 18-24 mpg"

"This car has all the bells and whistles. Auto back gate lift and push button rear seat fold down make it a dream. Only fault is an unknown pop when turning on a 'ditch'. Other than that I luv it."

Overall we love our Lincoln MKX

By on Wednesday, March 21, 2012

"Pros: - We have never had an issue with our car, it is a very dependable vehicle - It's a beautiful car inside and out - It is very comfortable Cons: - When stopped on even on a slight hill and you take your foot off of the brake the car has a tendency to roll backward (we should have purchased the AWD) - No passenger overhead handle (just annoying) - Not great on gas"

Very Dissapointed

By on Monday, January 09, 2012

Pros: "Good gas mileage"

Cons: "Not worth the money for what it has to offer."

"This car has been a pain. We have had major problems with the sync system. You would think that a large company like Ford would get the kinks out before they install this in their vehicles. I would not buy another car with this system in it;."

Best vehicle I've ever owned

By on Friday, December 23, 2011

Pros: "All the equipment, the ride, the gas mileage"

Cons: "The front heated seats dont get as warm as id like"

"I just leased this vehicle last week but I have been around them a lot. I work for a lincoln dealer. Over the last 16 years I have owned 18 vehicles and obviously working at a dealership I have been around pretty much every car under the soon. Mine is a 2011 with every available option except adaptive cruise. My wife and I absolutely love it. The ride is exeptionally comfortable and gas mileage much like most other people have said isnt great but isnt bad either. Mainly we are impressed with all the feautures, the mylincoln touch, panoramic roof, navigation, heated and cooled seats and the 20" rims. The leasing options also make it more than affordable compared to straight buying it out. I really do recommend anyone who is on the fence about this vehicle taking the leap. I really doubt you'd regret it."

My MKX saved my life!

By on Thursday, October 27, 2011

Pros: "safety features awesome!!! no probs ever!"

Cons: "husband is 6'2" so infant seat was cramped"

"I bought my MKX in March of 2010 because i found out i was expecting and needed a "family vehicle". I fell in love with it after seeing and test driving it. I had my car for 9 months before i was driving to work alone one morning and was broadsided and ran into a large colonial home. The impact literally cracked every column on the home and i came threw with only minor injuries (bruises and i was not wearing my seat belt at the time of the accident). When the tow truck ambulance and my family arrived on the scene they all we very supprised that the accident was not fatal it completely destroyed my vehicle but all of the safety mechanisms worked perfectly and saved my life!!! I would tell anyone that they will not be sorry for purchasing this vehicle. I never had any mechanical problems out of it either."

Great ride, great value!

By on Monday, October 24, 2011

Pros: "Great value for the money"

Cons: "Could use a bit more storage up-front."

"One of the best vehicles I have ever owned and I have owned a lot of new cars over the years. Smooth, quiet ride. No major issues since I bought it. Great styling add lot's of interior room. Love the remote lift gate and the adaptive headlights. Paint job could have been a little better but not terrible."

love it!

By on Sunday, July 11, 2010

"I love this car. i have had mine for over a year and its been so great. no problems. however i really wish it had 3rd row seats. but if you dont need that then its the best car ever! So classy and comfy. The auto lift gate is my fav. it makes it so easy to put groceries in. it also has tons of room in the back. and the center seats fold down flat so you could put a whale in there. lol. I love it. I hope everyone does."

great auto!!

By on Friday, June 18, 2010

"I have owned over 65 new cars, trucks and suvs and I can say this is the best car I have ever owned. It is a shame that consumer reports has been bought and paid for by Toyota and Honda. This MKX is much better than the Lexis 350 I drove. MY mkx is a 2010 with all the goodies and AWD. My wife and I are retired and travel in the mkx is a dream. Not one problem and no worries about brake problems and rust!!"

MKX Winner

By on Tuesday, March 02, 2010

"I have had this vehicle for going on 3 years and have had no problems at all. I have +45K miles and the tires still look very good. The air cooled and heated seats are great and the THX certified stereo is worth the money. I particularly like the space inside and the vehicle's ability to fit into our garage with room to spare. I have not had an occasion to wish I had a 3rd seat."

Ultimate MKX

By on Tuesday, November 24, 2009

"The MKX would be perfect except for the Chrome Clad Aluminum wheels, the Chrome Clad is plastic. A $44k Lincoln with plastic wheels. I would not have bought the car if I knew this ahead of time. But I have to admit the rest of the car is really, really nice."