• 2014 Compact SUV Buyer's Guide

2013 Lincoln MKX Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $36,481 - $37,679.

10/6.1

9.3

Based on 188 Ratings for the 2007 - 2015 models.

Very uncomfortable drivers seat

By on Saturday, January 18, 2014

Pros: "much cheaper than Cadillac competition"

Cons: "VERY uncomfortable front seat bottom design"

"It has all of the modern bells and whistles that you would want or could dream of, but........ The drivers seat bottom is short front to back and has what the dealer calls a retro look on the upholstery, which unfortunately is more than that. I has piping around the top edge of the seat which is hard and cuts into the back of my leg. Lincoln will do nothing about it, since it is the design..not a factory defect. Others who sit in it see no problem, but they are taller. I am 5'8" but have short legs (28" inseam)and due to the distance from the floor to the top of the seat (much more than in a sedan)my leg angles down more when operating the pedals. If the seat bottom would adjust to as horizontal position, this would not be a problem, but it doesn't. It will only adjust to flat when the seat is back (for a long legged driver). The more the seat is adjusted forward, the more the back of the seat bottom becomes lower than the front which means that more pressure is exerted on the back of your leg to reach the pedals. If you are short, I suggest that you drive the car for an hour of two before making a buying decision. Otherwise you will be spending several hundred dollars getting the seat bottom reshaped, which will only partially solve the problem, or end up getting rid of the vehicle."

Best value on the market

By on Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Pros: "Price, style, features, technology and performance"

Cons: "Fuel economy"

"Design stands out ahead of the competition. I continually get compliments Features that surpass comparable vehicles. Plenty of space for people and packages Technology is amazing Performance is amazingly responsive for vehicle of its size and very quiet Lincoln service has also upped their game. I've owned Infinitis and Jaguar which are known for their customer service Lincoln matches or passes them."

Great for travel as well as inclement weather

By on Sunday, October 06, 2013

Pros: "Comfort in driving and very reliable"

Cons: "Update to navigation system very expensive"

"Bought new-used with extended warranty (covers up to 160k miles). Bought with 20k miles, now have 76k on it. Great for traveling across country (have done so); cruise control stays right on mark - even up and down the Continental Divide. Handles extremely well In snow and icy conditions. Typically gets great mileage. Great for entry and exit - don't have to "climb down" or "climb up" into it. Holds a lot of luggage, as well as cargo (e.g. Taking kids to college). Up high enough in it to see road around traffic."

great ride

By on Friday, August 16, 2013

Pros: "lots of options"

Cons: "pricey"

"great car love it it drive like a dream,smooth ,love it"

Definetally worth the price

By on Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Pros: "Luxury in a SUV"

Cons: "can't think of any"

"LINCOLN MKX! What else is there to say? This car really lives up to its name. High quality, comfortable ride with all the amenities. Over 5 years old and never a problem."

Solid Vehicle Solid Value

By on Friday, August 02, 2013

Pros: "Price, Amenities, Design, Materials, Size, Tech"

Cons: "Gas mileage"

"I've had this MKX for 1 1/2 years and no problems. Handles great for its size. CHOCK FULL of features and quality materials. I have had Infinitis and Jaguars prior and feel this vehicle is comparable in quality. Lincoln dealer provides a "luxury brand" service that I was accustomed to with the Infiniti and Jaguar. My only negative would be the gas mileage, but hey it's got an engine that can move you! I have had strangers come up and comment on this vehicle. If this is an indication of the direction Ford/Lincoln is going I definitely will be a repeat buyer."

GREAT CAR!!!!!!!!!!

By on Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Pros: "drives great, runs flawless even in bad weather"

Cons: "Mine didn't have a rear view camera, just sensors"

"I bought this car NEW because I needed it, not wanted it. I traded in a sports sedan for it due to a 12 year old son in all the sports and his dog. THIS IS THE FIRST CAR THAT I HAVE EVER OWNED THAT I LIKE MORE AFTER 123,000 THAN whe I bought it. I am going back for the new Lincoln MKC next year!"

VEHICLE IS IN EXCELLENT CONDITION

By on Wednesday, July 31, 2013

"THIS VEHICLE IS IN EXCELLENT CONDITION. WE HAVE NOT HAD ANY PROBLEMS WITH IT. HAS A VERY LOW MILAGE, LESS THAT 38,000."

I LOVE my Lincoln MKX!!!!

By on Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive, nice looking"

Cons: "No cons!!"

"I absolutely LOVE this car!!!!! It was my first car and it's amazing. Been through a lot and it still runs like it was brand new. The ride is so smooth, the sound is perfect quality and sounds like you put your own system into it. The seats are extremely comfortable and I love the heated and cooled seats. It cools and heats so fast and defrosts extremely fast. I love how it looks and the lights on it. The lights that hug the bends are very nice as well. If you were to purchase this car, you would absolutely love it like I do!!!!!!!"

Amazing CUV, Totally pleased with purchase

By on Friday, July 05, 2013

Pros: "Comfort, quietness, mileage, quality & reliablity"

Cons: "No cons to date"

"In the past we've owned Jeep products and felt that the Jeep line has suffered since 2005, so last year I purchased an F150 ecoboost and totally am in love with the truck, amazing torque for towing. On the otherhand, my wife really missed the concept of having an SUV for our snowbelt winters in upstate NY (when I refer to upstate, I mean upstate, northern Onondaga and Oswego counties, not Westchester Co.). Well, last fall we rented a Ford Edge when we went on vacation to Jackson, Wy to spend time in two of the greatest national parks... The Grand Tetons and Yellowstone. We liked the Edge so much that when we got home we started to shopping around and came the quick conclusion that we liked the MKX even more!! We came across a Certified Use MKX with a premium package and moonroof that we couldn't past on and have totally enjoyed this vehicle. It's got great acceleration (we also drive a 2005 Mustang GT ragtop, so I know what great acceleration feels like) and pretty darn good gas mileage (far better than the Jeep's I've owned in the past). It's comfortable and quiet as well. By the way, this vehicle replaced our 2008 Mercury Milan Premier, another great car by Ford Motor Corp that we had a hard time parting with because it served us well and owed us nothing.....oh god, I just realized that I've become a Lincoln/Mercury/Ford junky!! But in all seriousness, the MKX is one great Crossover Utility Vehicle!!"