• 2014 Compact SUV Buyer's Guide

2013 Lincoln MKX Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $36,734 - $37,882.

10/6.1

9.3

Based on 186 Ratings for the 2007 - 2015 models.

Will never buy a Lincoln again

By on Friday, June 20, 2014

Pros: "Looks nice, great features"

Cons: "PROBLEMS: electronic, mechanical & Sync systems"

"Bought my MKX 1 year used in like-new condition, still with a new car smell, from a Lincoln dealer. Have had it for three years and have a list of problems I have experienced: -Transfer case that communicates with transmission went out after 1 year, took it to dealer when it wasn't driving right, they told me nothing was wrong with it. Two weeks later I was stuck in a 5-street busy intersection during rush hour traffic when it proved me right. -Electronic/Sync system is nothing but problems: constantly freezes up, sometimes won't turn on, sometimes won't turn off, sometimes won't connect Bluetooth, sometimes navigation system works and other times it won't. Asked the dealer to look at it and it's still the same. -Rear caliper was freezing up and caused noise, burning smell, and excessive wear to my brakes. Dealer would only replace the one caliper and would not fix the resulting damage done by it. -Shifter would be in Park but the car would not shut off and was giving a "Shift to Park" notice as if it was not registering being in Park. Took it to dealer and they said there was a problem with the linkage. -Sun roof sometimes will not open or close. -At least three times a month, the "Check fuel fill inlet" notification goes on. I was told this happens with the capless Ford/Lincoln vehicles. -To top it off, Lincoln customer service is poor. They always look at me like I'm crazy or act like I don't know what I'm talking about every time I call or bring the car in saying something is not right... until a problem actually occurs and shows them I am not making it up. I have never received a loaner from them - was told I have to wait or get a ride. Finally, the last time I was there they offered me a loaner so I did not have to miss another day of work sitting at the dealer. They gave me a dirty car with garbage on the floor, a fast food bag with trash left in the center console and stinking of cigarettes. Not to mention, they don't wash your car before they give it back to you, as other dealers have always done for me in the past. I previously owned a GMC Envoy, drove it and only had typical wear & tear maintenance needed over 10 years, until 215k miles. Sold it to a friend and she is STILL driving it three years later. To go from THAT to THIS Lincoln with all of its problems in such a short amount of time with nowhere near the number of miles on it, I have to say Lincoln vehicles have poor quality, poor mechanics, poor electronic systems, and I will never buy another or recommend the brand to anyone. Sure, they look nice and offer attractive features, but save yourself the time, money, and aggravation - this is not a quality brand! I do not anticipate this Lincoln lasting even 100k miles, let alone reaching over 215k as my previous vehicle easily did."

Love This Car

By on Monday, June 02, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive ... lap of luxury"

Cons: "The only complaint I have are the front air vents"

"This is one of the finest autos to drive. The only complaint I have is the two front air vents for air and heat. There is no adjustment you can make to send the air in another direction except in the face or down on the arms. Other than that, I love driving this car and plan on keeping it for sometime."

Great all around vehicle

By on Tuesday, May 20, 2014

"Not too big or too small. Decent gas mileage. Great power. Nice versatility. Attractive looking."

There hasn't been a better car

By on Sunday, April 06, 2014

Pros: "Very comfortable to drive, rides and handles great"

Cons: "Battery Wiring Harness Went Bad"

"wonderful car to own, very little maintenance just changed the tires, brakes and the battery wiring harness in 8 years."

Driving this gem is almost as good as making love.

By on Saturday, April 05, 2014

Pros: "Everything I can think of."

Cons: "Can't buy anything to make it look or drive better"

"In febuary 2012 I bought this vehicule used from a Lincoln dealer with 16500 kilometers. On my way to a Cadillac dealer to buy an SRX I remembered a friend had told me that the MKX had changed a lot for 2011, they changed the looks of the front end, new engine and lots of interior modifications and upgrades so... I took the time to drive by the Lincoln dealership just "to see" and BANG... there it was, I fell in love with this extra clean blue, chromed to my taste, full of extras Lincoln MKX. With the dealer permission my wife and I took it for a 3 hour drive test and we finally never went to the Cadillac dealer and to this day we have absolutely NO regrets with my decision. I can't remember how many times I was asked if I liked it and told how great it looks. The vehicule is the greatest car I ever owed. I am 64 and I had my 1st car I was 18. The only repair I had during the pass 2 years was for a power steering hose that was repaired under warranty. The Lincoln Sync system is a joy to work with. It recognised my commands the first time I used it. The Bluetooth connects to my phone quickly and is easy to use. The navigating system is a charm to use and gives very precise directions with the choice of voices easy to understand with 3 or 4 different language accents. Lots of engine power and torque. The car is super quiet and very good on fuel economy for an SUV. Just love it and when and if I change car I will buy an other MKX."