2012 Lincoln MKT

Based on 45 Ratings for the 2010 - 2013 models.

excellent

By on Monday, February 13, 2012

Pros: "all pros"

Cons: "no cons"

"I thought my Buick Enclave was a great vehicle until I bought the MKT. I am totally amazed with the vehicle. The technology and extra features, headlights comimg when wipers come on,inside floor,cup holder and door handle lighting,push button to fold seat for third row seat,automatic high and low beam, pedal adjustment to name a few of many. I have got as much as 28 mpg at 70 mph and driving locally, on three take fulls, the vehicle averages 20.5 mpg. Many of my passengers have side how well the MKT rides."

2012 MKT -Nice car but could be better

By on Thursday, December 27, 2012

Pros: "Fun to Drive, Quite on Highway"

Cons: "Choppy Roads cause poor ride qulity"

"Overall I have to say the MKT is a good quality automobile and frankly has met most of my expectations. This is a GREAT riding car on most road surfaces, especially the highway. Its, pretty darn quick, comfortable, and quite. If you haul a lot of stuff, the MKT is for you, its a large car, like 204 inches worth, and when you fold down the 3rd row seating the interior space is BIG. I opted for the THX sound system and its worth it! Great sound and I love the Jukebox feature. FYI you CANNOT retrieve the music you recorded from the Jukebox, which means you must delete ALL of your recorded music when you sell the car! The MKT handles very well in the snow. I have the 20" wheel package on mine. I have had only one minor issue, the rear passenger seat headrest was inoperable. The dealer fixed the problem pronto! My observations for improvement, 1) rear seats tend to make noise when going over bumpy roads, their anchors to the floor should be more sturdy. 2) The car is quite, but the floor boards and rear of the car could use more sound deadening material. I have a Mercedes Benz ML its quieter over rough road,it has thicker carpeting and more sound material in the fender wells. 3) rear doors sound cheap when closing them, especially the drivers side. Lincoln dealer advises not to tinker with them. They should sound like the front doors when closed, a solid thud! 4) not a great ride over choppy roads. If you live in a city where there is snow and the roads are beat up, the MKT ride can be harsh on such roads. Maybe the 2013 model with adaptive suspension solves this problem.5) the sunroof can make a creaking noise but can be resolved by keeping glass and the seals clean where they touch each other when closed. Major Problem: When the MKT is in drive DO NOT accidentally push the "Start/Stop button", the car will turn itself off. This happened to me as I inadvertently touched the start button while driving. The car went dead and could not be started again unless I came to a full stop and put the shifter in the Park mode. VERY DANGEROUS! Be sure to test this when you test drive. I have not had the problem resolved. Other than these small snipes, the MKT is a very good car and if Lincoln would focus attention to some of the smaller details this could be a great car!"

LOVE LOVE LOVE MY MKT!!!

By on Wednesday, July 06, 2011

Pros: "Features, Comfort, Spacious"

Cons: "I wish I got the power fold 3rd row."

"I test drove the Lexus RX and Acura MDX....both had noisy and poorly designed cabins, that allowed for horrible road noise. Drove the BMW X5....which drove really rough and had very few features in comparison and a hard to use idrive. I was desperate to find a luxury car for a family of 5...with three kids in car seats. I did not want a "minivan". The MKT had it ALL. Roomy and comfy cabin that feels like riding in a limo. A sound and navigation system that blows everyone else outta the water. Innovative safety features like Blind Spot System...which I love. I could go on for days about what I love in my car. The exterior is a bit over the top, I find it to be flashy and boastful...I prefer more refined looks...but I loved everything else so much...I bought the car anyway. Take one for a test drive, you might be suprised at how much you like it...as I was...when I looked at it as a last resort and bought it with much JOY!"

Incredible Vehicle

By on Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Cons: "rear headroom, 3rd row"

"Amazing technology and Ecoboost power with good quality make this car better than the Lexus GX I had before."

Lincoln Quality and Value - recommend to buy

By on Sunday, October 14, 2012

Pros: "comfortable on trips, fun to drive"

Cons: "bit more noise reduction, 7 gear tranny"

"2013 bought new - AWD 3.5L twin turbo very responsive. 6th gear comes in a little late at about 62mph. Fit and quality interior/exterior good except mine had a bad right rear door weatherstrip (mostly cosmetic and very easily fixed.) All electrical from Sirius to power doors, locks, windows, 3rd row seat, lift gate, moon roof. Put on 5000 miles in first three weeks - drove from Houston to Cleveland, via Virginia, down to Biloxi, back to Houston. Averaged 23 mpg. Tested all functions including parallel park. On curvy, mountain rods where 18-wheelers are going slow, the adaptive cruise control radar tends to pick up the slower moving trucks on the curves and to brake accordingly - this is described in the manual - would recommend dialing gap down to one bar or turning off."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Lincoln MKT near Honolulu. See local deals