2014 Lincoln MKS Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $36,017 - $37,374.

10/6.7

Based on 102 Ratings for the 2009 - 2015 models.

MKS - a great car

By on Friday, July 23, 2010

"I needed a full size car that was good looking with some performance and loaded with features. I got that with the Lincoln MKS with Ecoboost. The feature that I like the most and find not available on other cars is the ability to remotely open and close the windows. It is so handy during the summer storm season. The handling is very good with the AWD. The GPS/radio works very well and sincs well with my IPhone playing the tunes or pandora via bluetooth through a very good set of speakers. The minuses are the trunk entry is a bit tight and I would like a bit better MPG. Otherwise is nearly perfect."

Most reliable, best handling car I've ever owned

By on Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Pros: "Reliability, fun to drive, great performance."

Cons: "Cup holders a little smallish."

"I bought this MKS in 2010 with 19K approximate miles on it. I've replaced the tires once, te rear brakes once and nothing else except a plastic gear that moves the air deflectors in the AC (total cost including labor-$60.00). That's it. The interior still looks almost new. The exterior is nearly perfect. The black metallic they call "tuxedo black" doesn't fade or chip. the only repair I've done to the body is when a tree limb put a hole in the deck lid during a violent T-storm. I could not be more pleased with this automobile."

Most comfortable car I have owned

By on Tuesday, March 19, 2013

"I prefer luxury cars and have owned several types including Mercedes and Cadillac. My Lincoln MKS is the most comfortable and quiet car that I have ever owned. I am hesitant to trade it for anything other than another Lincoln."

My Lincoln MKS is the smartest car I have own.

By on Thursday, January 19, 2012

Pros: "Great features and great ride"

Cons: "Small trunk opening and MSRP"

"The MKS is my first luxury sedan. After six months I have not had any issues. It has several advance features, such as, self diming head lights, self starting wind shield wipers, and self adjusting driver seat and steering wheel. My MKS is not the ecoboost version, but I have been happy with performance and gas mileage. I average 23 city and 27 highway. It is a good looking car and very smooth and comfortable ride. The truck has enough space, but the trunk entrance's opening is restricting. It comes with the ability for manual shifting, but I have not seen any benefit for this feature. It comes with a four year, fifty thousand mile bumper to bumper warranty, which I believe is more than most provide. I do recommend the MKS, but you do want to get the best price. The resell value seems a little less than some modles. I guess all lose value! But after six months the NADA value is 30-35 percent less than initial MSRP."

Lovin' my lincoln!

By on Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Pros: "Everything but..."

Cons: "Don't backup in it w/o proper equipment (read rev)"

"Just bought this car (at a steal) for 16K...Black with all options, and 94K miles. AWD, Nav, Backup Camera!!! My review... (This review is really is on the MKS, just given a prelude to it, just stay with me, it's a good review) My wife and I own a Lincoln Aviator (great suv) and we bought this looking for a seven passenger SUV. We looked at all on the market, and never knew that the Aviator existed until we were browsing and stumbled upon it. We always thought Lincoln to be the old man vehicle that was comfortable, but not pleasant for a 20 something to be driving. But it exceeded all expectations! We fell in love with Lincoln at this point, style and driving, and options (DVD for the kids, and NAV for my wife...though she still gets lost in it) ((See, I told you I was getting there)). In search for another vehicle, we wanted a sedan as there is no need to own two SUV's. We have two small children, and the idea of a midsize or larger sedan was what we were after. We looked at Audi's, Subaru’s, Mercedes, etc., etc. for the standard AWD sedans, and finally came to my senses to see if Lincoln made AWD sedans. After research, the MKZ was AWD, and we were going to buy one of these. As we nearly finalized the sale (great car), I stumbled upon a 2009 Lincoln MKS AWD Black Beautiful, and loaded. Miles were high at 94K, but the price was only 16K...how could I not pass this deal as the values show around 26-28K all day on this car. We bought it without hesitation (nor driving it, as it was online 300 miles away). When we got it, the VERY FIRST moment was the draw dropping, eye popping WOW factor. I'll be honest, I never really seen one up close until that moment. The curves from the front to the back are seamless, and flow at at a perfect and purposeful style. This car was larger than we thought, but once you sit inside, it felt like home. That feeling of satisfaction, as if Lincoln itself pulled you off the street corner, sat you in a dark room, and asked 1000's of questions until they got in your mind, and created the perfect blend of beauty and machine, and turned the light on and there it was! This car handles amazingly, drives like a Lincoln (driv'n on a cloud), and gains the attention of even those tough to please BMW and Mercedes crowd. Only issue I really have on this car is that if it wasn't for the backup camera and sensors, you'd never be able to park it in an empty walmart parking lot without hitting something. The rear window is like having a blind fold on your eyes tied by some 12 year old at a cheesey birthday party playing pin the tail on the donkey that slips on your nose and have that tiny bit of space you can see over the top (yup, all three inches). So if you are considering this car, get the backup camera, you'll thank yourself the minute you back it into your garage, otherwise, invest in rubber strips for everything in the garage."

Great car, great value

By on Monday, July 05, 2010

"My first Lincoln and I am completely satisfied with the MKS. Seats are more comfortable than sedans that cost a great deal more and instruments are clear. While driving mainly highway miles I found the Mks to be responsive and a smooth ride. Upgrades that I found useful include the 20" wheels and navigation. After owning a Lexus GS430, I had some reservations, but now am glad I upgraded to the Lincoln! Hard to imagine saying that, but it is a great car."

Better than anything else out there

By on Thursday, March 10, 2011

"Considered Acura, BMW, Cadillac, and Infinity. The MKS twin-turbo is much faster than all the others and feels incredibly tight, even more so than the BMW 5 series. It's a great deal and a blast to drive!"

great car

By on Thursday, November 12, 2009

"My 2010 MKS is the best car I have owned. I have had 3 Lincolns over the past 5 years. this one for sure is at the top. The only negative I have is not the trunk size but the trunk opening. you can put alot in it like 4 sets of golf clubs but if you have a taller box no luck. my wifes 2010 Taurus is just as nice and has the trunk opening"

love the car

By on Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Pros: "big inside, rides wonderful"

Cons: "needs better cup holders"

"I have owned this car for 1 year. It has been everything I wanted in a car. The only thing I can say bad about this car is the cup holders are not spaced far enough apart."

everything it should be

By on Sunday, February 27, 2011

"Best car ever for me. I didn't opt for the eco engine and I'm pleasantly surprised with the smooth more than ample power the engine puts out. As mentioned in other reviews, big trunk with a smaller opening. Only other negative item for me is the message center in dash is difficult to read in daylite. Still learning all the technology this car offers. Once on the open lonely highway here in Nevada, I put my foot into it and 120 came real quick. I won't miss the "badboy" engine that I almost went with. A blast to drive! Ford has a winner here."

Excellent road car. Most for money.

By on Saturday, May 18, 2013

Pros: "Best luxury value in USA"

Cons: "Hi-tech takes time to learn your habits."

"Fully optioned MKS is best bargain on the road. Technology allows driver to customize car's personality to match any driver. "Comfort" mode is the most pleasurable ride available. Drop it into "Sport" mode to make any european jealous. It tracks like a train on rails when needed. Decent milage and butt & back massager allows more time on the road between stops. Ideal car for American luxury car driver."

Luxury+Beauty+Fab Handling= Driving Enjoyment!

By on Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Pros: "Top Notch Luxury"

Cons: "Gas mileage and small trunk opening"

"This is my second Lincoln, my first was a 2006 MKZ which I loved until I drove this car. This beauty has pep and get up and go power that will throw your head back! It takes curves like a Corvette; you can feel it gripping the road with it's AWD. From the awesome premium THX audio system featuring Sirius Radio with SYNC features to the comfortable heated and cooled seats (even the back seats are heated!), the interior was made with ultimate luxury in mind. The adaptive xenon headlamps, rain-sensing wipers and ambient lighting (you have several color to chose from) are just the cherries on top. This baby abounds with safety features and even has front & back end parking assistant and rear camera. It's push button start and touch-to-unlock/with key-pad (trunk as well) feature means you never have to go digging in your purse for your key FOB. With your key FOB you can even roll down all your windows for those hot summer days when the heat melts you. The back window sports a sun shade that with the push of a button can be rolled up or down to help shield your back seat passengers from harsh sun light. The duel moon roof is an added bonus because will kids love looking at the stars at night. This car gives you everything you could ask for while allowing you to travel in style."

love, love, love my car!!!

By on Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Pros: "fun to drive, great looking, & great ride"

Cons: "cup holders too small!"

"have recently become empty nester so bye bye went the '03 Expedition which I loved. Just couldn't justify the mileage cost anymore. Used to have a '98 Lincoln Mark VIII- so I wanted that same experience. Purchased this 4 months ago w/46k on it for $21k. Had new Michelin tires & was in excellent condition. I was used to having all the bells & whistles on the Eddie Bauer Expedition but this has even more bells & whistles. One improvement was adding blowers to the heated/cooled seats! Driving this car is such a pleasure - lots of power, great gas mileage - 22 city, 26 highway, and the best thing- I look great in this car!"

Excellent riding car, many great features

By on Sunday, July 15, 2012

"The 2013 MKS rides like your driving on air,my gas mileage without even being broken in yet on the highway was 26 mpg for a 305 hp v 6 thats great. I am so far very pleased with this car."

Good value for the price.

By on Monday, February 20, 2012

"Although there has been negative comments about the touch screen, we find it easy to use and intuitive. The ride is great and the vehicle is still quite after 3 years. Trying some other new, more expensive, models and they are not as quite as our 3 year old MKS."

This is a fantastic vehicle for the price.

By on Saturday, April 23, 2011

"I have the MKS with the ecoboost engine and most available options. It is stylish, comfortable, and the performance with the ecoboost engine is outstanding. The collision cruise control option is fantastic, I will never buy another car wthout it. Sync works great and is easy to use... I did not even read the owners manual, and I'm not that tech savy. Buy one, you will not be disapointed."

almost best vehicle ever

By on Sunday, January 22, 2012

Pros: "good hwy milage for a car with so much power(27)"

Cons: "small trunk opening, no fold down seats"

"If it were not for owning a lincoln LS a few years before this car i would say this is at the top of my cars list. the size is great for travel, all the trunck space you could ask for and more, albeit with a small opening. car rides smooth and is so quiet you here nothing. in case you are wondering i am not old either, only 39. i like that the car sits a little higher also for better road visability."

Best vehicle I've ever owned

By on Sunday, March 02, 2014

Pros: "great to drive, good mileage, low maintenance, goo"

Cons: "poor cup holder placement and size."

"This automobile had 19k miles on it when I bought it used in 2010. I have had no mechanical problems of any sort. the way I drive, living in a rural area, driving long distances several times a week, I average 23 mpg overall. I have had to replace the rear brake pads once. I have yet to replace the front. I am able with the AWD to transit mud in places (In the country) where the neighbors FWD car and RWD had to be towed. The handling with the computer-assisted suspension is better than any car I have ever owned, including a couple of "sporty" cars. Powering around curves, I easily leave behind anything short of true sports cars on the curvy country roads upon which I drive. I cannot imagine a better car for the 39k that I paid for it."

finest car I have owned.

By on Friday, October 28, 2011

Pros: "all"

Cons: "console"

"I have always had SUV's but this is my first sedan and I couldn't be happier. It drives beautifully. Every feature you could ask for. The rear camera is one feature tht all vehicles should have to be mandatory on all vehicles. The only thing that I am not pleased with is the middle console. The area need to be revamp for better use."

Best car I've ever had - LOVE IT!

By on Friday, September 16, 2011

Pros: "All around great car"

Cons: "none!"

"I purchased my 2009 Lincoln MKS brand new in April '09 and I love it. It looks great, feels great, drives great, and I haven't had any mechanical problems at all. I live on a gravel road, so it gets dirty, but the AWD handles awesome all year round. I love the navigation system, the XM radio, and all the other gadgets. Wish it had a better coin holder, but that's minor. My kids love the double moonroof. I get about 22 MPG around town, and 25 MPG on road trips. I'm 38 years old, and I don't feel like I'm driving an "old person" vehicle. It's sporty, spacious and fun to drive. I'll be driving Lincolns for a LONG time!"

Lincoln MKS

By on Monday, August 24, 2009

"The MKS is an awesome car to drive and feels solid during drive without swaying from side-to-side alhough wish it had a tad more pickup when starting from a dead-stop where it feels like it is straining to get up to speed. Car looks good on the exterior and interior and very quiet inside when driving with the windows up making it easy to hear people talking on the phone through the car connection. The design of the chrome on the window ledge (bottom) although could be redesigned, along with the weep hole, slighty to not allow as much water into the door interior where the rubber flashing sometimes plugs the weep hole keeping the water from exiting the interior of the door; although easily cleared by opening the door and slightly pulling the flashing back to open the weep hole releasing any water that built up."

Awesome car and great ride

By on Tuesday, August 06, 2013

"Great car. Awesome ride. Super reliable. Looks nice."

boss status

By on Friday, December 21, 2012

Pros: "love to drive"

front cabin 2010

"Extreamly nice exterior and interior. Killer thx sound system nice balance surround. Car has 65000 miles quiet. Nice pick up and handeling. Decent gas milage. Spacious interior front and back. Con need struts and they dont have aftermarket makes me wonder what else? Over all get more for your money. Everything is automatic. Headlights high beams windshield wipers automatically plays my music off my phone. Super nice car. Love it and im 31 its not an old persons car at all."

front cabin 2010

Best car ever, Great Handling, Cool seats - sound

By on Tuesday, April 16, 2013

"Very responsive, 2500 plus songs on hard drive, 14 speakers, powerful pick up and rapid breaking. AWD turns on a dime! Fun to drive. I love the adaptive cruise control, heared and cooled seats Well built. Only negative would be road noise that should be fixed with 2013 yr."

love driving this car

By on Friday, February 01, 2013

"handles great,looks very stylish and aerodynamic we love the sync system it holds 2300 songs and we just tell the car what song we want to here and it plays the song. Nicest car I ever owned. My wife and I absolutely love this car. Once you go MKS you'll never go back."