• 2014 Small Luxury Sedan Buyer's Guide

2012 Lincoln MKS

Based on 72 Ratings for the 2009 - 2014 models.

Previous | 1 2 3 | Next

MKS - a great car

By on Friday, July 23, 2010

"I needed a full size car that was good looking with some performance and loaded with features. I got that with the Lincoln MKS with Ecoboost. The feature that I like the most and find not available on other cars is the ability to remotely open and close the windows. It is so handy during the summer storm season. The handling is very good with the AWD. The GPS/radio works very well and sincs well with my IPhone playing the tunes or pandora via bluetooth through a very good set of speakers. The minuses are the trunk entry is a bit tight and I would like a bit better MPG. Otherwise is nearly perfect."

Good Car; Recommend Used

By on Sunday, February 12, 2012

Pros: "Speed, ride, amenities"

Cons: "Visibility, gas mileage, some cheap interior bits"

"Was in market for Taurus SHO; MKS is same car but with better interior. Rides like a champ. Not a corner carver but competent nevertheless."

everything it should be

By on Sunday, February 27, 2011

"Best car ever for me. I didn't opt for the eco engine and I'm pleasantly surprised with the smooth more than ample power the engine puts out. As mentioned in other reviews, big trunk with a smaller opening. Only other negative item for me is the message center in dash is difficult to read in daylite. Still learning all the technology this car offers. Once on the open lonely highway here in Nevada, I put my foot into it and 120 came real quick. I won't miss the "badboy" engine that I almost went with. A blast to drive! Ford has a winner here."

Lincoln MKS

By on Monday, August 24, 2009

"The MKS is an awesome car to drive and feels solid during drive without swaying from side-to-side alhough wish it had a tad more pickup when starting from a dead-stop where it feels like it is straining to get up to speed. Car looks good on the exterior and interior and very quiet inside when driving with the windows up making it easy to hear people talking on the phone through the car connection. The design of the chrome on the window ledge (bottom) although could be redesigned, along with the weep hole, slighty to not allow as much water into the door interior where the rubber flashing sometimes plugs the weep hole keeping the water from exiting the interior of the door; although easily cleared by opening the door and slightly pulling the flashing back to open the weep hole releasing any water that built up."

Awesome car and great ride

By on Tuesday, August 06, 2013

"Great car. Awesome ride. Super reliable. Looks nice."

love driving this car

By on Friday, February 01, 2013

"handles great,looks very stylish and aerodynamic we love the sync system it holds 2300 songs and we just tell the car what song we want to here and it plays the song. Nicest car I ever owned. My wife and I absolutely love this car. Once you go MKS you'll never go back."

Great car for the money

By on Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Pros: "Comfortable, sync, nav, blower heat/cooled seats"

Cons: "Gas mileage, cup holders small, trunk opening"

"I bought this car as a cpo from Lincoln and could not be happier. Comfortable and user friendly. FYI... Get the backup camera otherwise don't plan on parking with the small back window. Trunk size is large however the opening is strangely small. Even with these things I would buy it again."

absolute greatest car I have had

By on Monday, January 16, 2012

Pros: "fun to drive; great ride; very comfortable, roomy"

"Lincoln got it right when they made this car. Best luxury car I have driven."

Great value for the price

By on Monday, November 14, 2011

"I purchased a 2011 model after much internet research and am completely satisfied with my decision. The vehicle lives up to its reputation, is attractive to look at, pleasing to drive, the gas mileage is great and I love the navigation and Sync system. Lincoln has a winner!"

ONE OF THE BEST CARS I'VE EVER OWNED!

By on Monday, September 12, 2011

Pros: "most gagits are great!"

Cons: "hate the radar in the cruse control and won't use the CIRRUS road condition alerts."

"I like it. Not one repair call in 3 years. Only oil change and tire rotation. I did have to replace the back brakes at 46,000."

Love It

By on Monday, February 06, 2012

"One of the best vehicles I've ever had. Rides and handles very well. Has all the bells and whistles."

This is a fantastic vehicle for the price.

By on Saturday, April 23, 2011

"I have the MKS with the ecoboost engine and most available options. It is stylish, comfortable, and the performance with the ecoboost engine is outstanding. The collision cruise control option is fantastic, I will never buy another car wthout it. Sync works great and is easy to use... I did not even read the owners manual, and I'm not that tech savy. Buy one, you will not be disapointed."

junk 11,000 miles in shop 14 times and over 30 day

By on Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Pros: "big car lots on interior sspace"

Cons: "always breaking down and no one knows how to fix"

"in shop as we speak"

Not your grandads Lincoln anymore

By on Friday, November 18, 2011

I don't own this car

"Traded an 08 jag 6 type on it. Sounded crazy I know but I couldent be happier. I am so proud to drive a Ford product. The technology and styling is beyond. My only regret is leasing it instead of buying it. I may actually buy it after the lease. If not I will buy my next one."

Pretty Pleased

By on Monday, April 11, 2011

"Some wind leaks and rattles. Not real quick with exceleration unless already up to cruising speed. Voice activated system misunderstands from time to time."

MKS

By on Wednesday, August 05, 2009

"The MKS is more than I expected! Beautiful to look at and fun to drive!!"

love, love, love my car!!!

By on Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Pros: "fun to drive, great looking, & great ride"

Cons: "cup holders too small!"

"have recently become empty nester so bye bye went the '03 Expedition which I loved. Just couldn't justify the mileage cost anymore. Used to have a '98 Lincoln Mark VIII- so I wanted that same experience. Purchased this 4 months ago w/46k on it for $21k. Had new Michelin tires & was in excellent condition. I was used to having all the bells & whistles on the Eddie Bauer Expedition but this has even more bells & whistles. One improvement was adding blowers to the heated/cooled seats! Driving this car is such a pleasure - lots of power, great gas mileage - 22 city, 26 highway, and the best thing- I look great in this car!"

Luxury+Beauty+Fab Handling= Driving Enjoyment!

By on Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Pros: "Top Notch Luxury"

Cons: "Gas mileage and small trunk opening"

"This is my second Lincoln, my first was a 2006 MKZ which I loved until I drove this car. This beauty has pep and get up and go power that will throw your head back! It takes curves like a Corvette; you can feel it gripping the road with it's AWD. From the awesome premium THX audio system featuring Sirius Radio with SYNC features to the comfortable heated and cooled seats (even the back seats are heated!), the interior was made with ultimate luxury in mind. The adaptive xenon headlamps, rain-sensing wipers and ambient lighting (you have several color to chose from) are just the cherries on top. This baby abounds with safety features and even has front & back end parking assistant and rear camera. It's push button start and touch-to-unlock/with key-pad (trunk as well) feature means you never have to go digging in your purse for your key FOB. With your key FOB you can even roll down all your windows for those hot summer days when the heat melts you. The back window sports a sun shade that with the push of a button can be rolled up or down to help shield your back seat passengers from harsh sun light. The duel moon roof is an added bonus because will kids love looking at the stars at night. This car gives you everything you could ask for while allowing you to travel in style."

almost best vehicle ever

By on Sunday, January 22, 2012

Pros: "good hwy milage for a car with so much power(27)"

Cons: "small trunk opening, no fold down seats"

"If it were not for owning a lincoln LS a few years before this car i would say this is at the top of my cars list. the size is great for travel, all the trunck space you could ask for and more, albeit with a small opening. car rides smooth and is so quiet you here nothing. in case you are wondering i am not old either, only 39. i like that the car sits a little higher also for better road visability."

Most reliable, best handling car I've ever owned

By on Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Pros: "Reliability, fun to drive, great performance."

Cons: "Cup holders a little smallish."

"I bought this MKS in 2010 with 19K approximate miles on it. I've replaced the tires once, te rear brakes once and nothing else except a plastic gear that moves the air deflectors in the AC (total cost including labor-$60.00). That's it. The interior still looks almost new. The exterior is nearly perfect. The black metallic they call "tuxedo black" doesn't fade or chip. the only repair I've done to the body is when a tree limb put a hole in the deck lid during a violent T-storm. I could not be more pleased with this automobile."

Most comfortable car I have owned

By on Tuesday, March 19, 2013

"I prefer luxury cars and have owned several types including Mercedes and Cadillac. My Lincoln MKS is the most comfortable and quiet car that I have ever owned. I am hesitant to trade it for anything other than another Lincoln."

Lovin' my lincoln!

By on Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Pros: "Everything but..."

Cons: "Don't backup in it w/o proper equipment (read rev)"

"Just bought this car (at a steal) for 16K...Black with all options, and 94K miles. AWD, Nav, Backup Camera!!! My review... (This review is really is on the MKS, just given a prelude to it, just stay with me, it's a good review) My wife and I own a Lincoln Aviator (great suv) and we bought this looking for a seven passenger SUV. We looked at all on the market, and never knew that the Aviator existed until we were browsing and stumbled upon it. We always thought Lincoln to be the old man vehicle that was comfortable, but not pleasant for a 20 something to be driving. But it exceeded all expectations! We fell in love with Lincoln at this point, style and driving, and options (DVD for the kids, and NAV for my wife...though she still gets lost in it) ((See, I told you I was getting there)). In search for another vehicle, we wanted a sedan as there is no need to own two SUV's. We have two small children, and the idea of a midsize or larger sedan was what we were after. We looked at Audi's, Subaru’s, Mercedes, etc., etc. for the standard AWD sedans, and finally came to my senses to see if Lincoln made AWD sedans. After research, the MKZ was AWD, and we were going to buy one of these. As we nearly finalized the sale (great car), I stumbled upon a 2009 Lincoln MKS AWD Black Beautiful, and loaded. Miles were high at 94K, but the price was only 16K...how could I not pass this deal as the values show around 26-28K all day on this car. We bought it without hesitation (nor driving it, as it was online 300 miles away). When we got it, the VERY FIRST moment was the draw dropping, eye popping WOW factor. I'll be honest, I never really seen one up close until that moment. The curves from the front to the back are seamless, and flow at at a perfect and purposeful style. This car was larger than we thought, but once you sit inside, it felt like home. That feeling of satisfaction, as if Lincoln itself pulled you off the street corner, sat you in a dark room, and asked 1000's of questions until they got in your mind, and created the perfect blend of beauty and machine, and turned the light on and there it was! This car handles amazingly, drives like a Lincoln (driv'n on a cloud), and gains the attention of even those tough to please BMW and Mercedes crowd. Only issue I really have on this car is that if it wasn't for the backup camera and sensors, you'd never be able to park it in an empty walmart parking lot without hitting something. The rear window is like having a blind fold on your eyes tied by some 12 year old at a cheesey birthday party playing pin the tail on the donkey that slips on your nose and have that tiny bit of space you can see over the top (yup, all three inches). So if you are considering this car, get the backup camera, you'll thank yourself the minute you back it into your garage, otherwise, invest in rubber strips for everything in the garage."

My Lincoln MKS is the smartest car I have own.

By on Thursday, January 19, 2012

Pros: "Great features and great ride"

Cons: "Small trunk opening and MSRP"

"The MKS is my first luxury sedan. After six months I have not had any issues. It has several advance features, such as, self diming head lights, self starting wind shield wipers, and self adjusting driver seat and steering wheel. My MKS is not the ecoboost version, but I have been happy with performance and gas mileage. I average 23 city and 27 highway. It is a good looking car and very smooth and comfortable ride. The truck has enough space, but the trunk entrance's opening is restricting. It comes with the ability for manual shifting, but I have not seen any benefit for this feature. It comes with a four year, fifty thousand mile bumper to bumper warranty, which I believe is more than most provide. I do recommend the MKS, but you do want to get the best price. The resell value seems a little less than some modles. I guess all lose value! But after six months the NADA value is 30-35 percent less than initial MSRP."

Great car, great value

By on Monday, July 05, 2010

"My first Lincoln and I am completely satisfied with the MKS. Seats are more comfortable than sedans that cost a great deal more and instruments are clear. While driving mainly highway miles I found the Mks to be responsive and a smooth ride. Upgrades that I found useful include the 20" wheels and navigation. After owning a Lexus GS430, I had some reservations, but now am glad I upgraded to the Lincoln! Hard to imagine saying that, but it is a great car."

love the car

By on Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Pros: "big inside, rides wonderful"

Cons: "needs better cup holders"

"I have owned this car for 1 year. It has been everything I wanted in a car. The only thing I can say bad about this car is the cup holders are not spaced far enough apart."

Previous | 1 2 3 | Next
Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Lincoln MKS near Honolulu. See local deals