• Small Luxury Sedan Buyer's Guide

2000 Lincoln Continental

Based on 196 Ratings for the 1998 - 2002 models.

My Continental

By on Sunday, February 15, 2015

Pros: "Cars a luxury brand car"

Cons: "Car has luxury brand car repair cost"

My 1998 Lincoln Continental

"It was my idea that Lincoln Continental is a luxury brand car. I bought this 1998 Continental in 2002 for around $13,000. In December 2014, the Lincoln dealership advised me I have spent, with them, in repairs, over the period of time of my ownership, over $16,000 in repairs. That's an average of $1,300 per year or an avg. or $108 per month for repair/maintenance and this included the monthly payment. Now cost aside, car needing expensive repairs aside, I am lovin' me this car. Let's talk about driving. It has a ride adjustability system which means it adjusts the height the car to assure the smoothness of the drive. This car was built for long drives. Let's talk performance. Eight cylinders work for performance of the car. this means two things, a lot of gas used and there is absolutely no need to sit behind any car on the road. This car is as fast as any on the road when it gets up to speed. Once its sails fill with wind it's a serious mover, but when you have open road, man it's almost like heaven, I never been to heaven but if I could drive this car there I would. The car's electronics are serious. The car will tell you when you need to attend to it, Low on oil, it will tell you, rear light out, it will tell you. I have put nothing but Michelin's on this car, if you put cheap tires on this car you absolutely will disrupt the ecosystem of the car. There are sensors everywhere. If your tires fall below a certain pressure it affects the entire road driveability calculations, this will cause you problems. I have read about these problems. Now for the interior. driving the car is very comfortable. It has the seat adjust that goes up, down, back, forward, tilt up, tilt down, your seat back, goes forward or back, for your comfort. One problem here is that if someone else adjusts the seat for their comfort, like a mechanic, then the car remembers, and sometimes it will adjust the seat away from what your setting is and that's a little annoying. The air condition system is great, in the summer heat it is pretty good and in the winter heater keeps you warm, I live in N. Jersey so you might have heard of the weather we've had especially in the winter. I suppose SUV's are best in heavy snow, but Lincoln handles heavy duty snow like a champ, never been stranded stuck in snow. This is a big car it does not slide when the tire's gripping. Great visibility, driving steering great, car's a pleasure to drive. I am lucky to still be driving it. Right now here's the best part, I have fixed most of the major problems that can go wrong with the car, so now an oil change every 3 to 4 thousand miles and that is it. I actually have gone 12+ months without a major repair, major repair defined as $500+ cost. So now I see everybody has new cars, beautiful to look at and probably great to drive. Every time i get the notion to want to get one of those great new cars I say no I'm good I'll stick with me Lincoln Continental. I'm just saying."

My 1998 Lincoln Continental

overall good 2nd car

By on Thursday, February 05, 2015

Pros: "handels great new tires lots of pickup, very nice"

Cons: "air condition needs chargeing 1 noisy lifter"

"with a little tender love and care will enjoy this car"

Beautiful, comfortable, dependable, we love it

By on Thursday, January 15, 2015

Pros: "great looking, smooth ride, easy to drive"

"We have had this car for 14 years, maintained it faithfully with oil changes and regular maintenance recommended and car washes. We are older now and it was hubby's car. He doesn't drive now and it's too big for me. I am short and drive a Subaru Impreza"

Very comfortable and easy to drive

By on Monday, November 17, 2014

Pros: "Very reasonable price, comfortable"

Cons: "Lower gas mileage than needed"

"Big car, smooth ride,extremely comfortable to drive. Lots of power when needed. MPG 17--20. Excellent condition and great looking on the outside."

great shape

By on Friday, October 31, 2014

"i own this 14 yrs, very good condition. i am 76 yrs old"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Lincoln Continental near Honolulu. See local deals