• Small Luxury Sedan Buyer's Guide

1998 Lincoln Continental

Based on 199 Ratings for the 1998 - 2002 models.

My Continental

By on Sunday, February 15, 2015

Pros: "Cars a luxury brand car"

Cons: "Car has luxury brand car repair cost"

My 1998 Lincoln Continental

"It was my idea that Lincoln Continental is a luxury brand car. I bought this 1998 Continental in 2002 for around $13,000. In December 2014, the Lincoln dealership advised me I have spent, with them, in repairs, over the period of time of my ownership, over $16,000 in repairs. That's an average of $1,300 per year or an avg. or $108 per month for repair/maintenance and this included the monthly payment. Now cost aside, car needing expensive repairs aside, I am lovin' me this car. Let's talk about driving. It has a ride adjustability system which means it adjusts the height the car to assure the smoothness of the drive. This car was built for long drives. Let's talk performance. Eight cylinders work for performance of the car. this means two things, a lot of gas used and there is absolutely no need to sit behind any car on the road. This car is as fast as any on the road when it gets up to speed. Once its sails fill with wind it's a serious mover, but when you have open road, man it's almost like heaven, I never been to heaven but if I could drive this car there I would. The car's electronics are serious. The car will tell you when you need to attend to it, Low on oil, it will tell you, rear light out, it will tell you. I have put nothing but Michelin's on this car, if you put cheap tires on this car you absolutely will disrupt the ecosystem of the car. There are sensors everywhere. If your tires fall below a certain pressure it affects the entire road driveability calculations, this will cause you problems. I have read about these problems. Now for the interior. driving the car is very comfortable. It has the seat adjust that goes up, down, back, forward, tilt up, tilt down, your seat back, goes forward or back, for your comfort. One problem here is that if someone else adjusts the seat for their comfort, like a mechanic, then the car remembers, and sometimes it will adjust the seat away from what your setting is and that's a little annoying. The air condition system is great, in the summer heat it is pretty good and in the winter heater keeps you warm, I live in N. Jersey so you might have heard of the weather we've had especially in the winter. I suppose SUV's are best in heavy snow, but Lincoln handles heavy duty snow like a champ, never been stranded stuck in snow. This is a big car it does not slide when the tire's gripping. Great visibility, driving steering great, car's a pleasure to drive. I am lucky to still be driving it. Right now here's the best part, I have fixed most of the major problems that can go wrong with the car, so now an oil change every 3 to 4 thousand miles and that is it. I actually have gone 12+ months without a major repair, major repair defined as $500+ cost. So now I see everybody has new cars, beautiful to look at and probably great to drive. Every time i get the notion to want to get one of those great new cars I say no I'm good I'll stick with me Lincoln Continental. I'm just saying."

My 1998 Lincoln Continental

One of the best luxury vehicles to buy used

By on Saturday, June 29, 2013

Pros: "Very smooth, responsive, reasonable fuel economy"

Cons: "They are no longer made."

"I have had this car for 2+ years. I bought it with ~165000 miles and will soon sell it with 192000. I've found it to be a very reliable car. It does have an air suspension, but unlike newer Lincolns, it hasn't failed yet and after ten years on the road, it still rides like new. Buying used luxury vehicles can always be a risky investment. The Lincoln Continental does not fall into that category."

great

By on Monday, September 28, 2009

"412,000 miles yes, 412,000 and no major mecanical problems except window motor. FAST"

Awesome Car For My Second Car

By on Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Pros: "safe, comfortable, interior, leather."

Cons: "outside looks, other then that none, gas milage"

"Well i bought this 6 years ago and it had approx. 54,000 miles it and got it for 5,000 cause the dealer wanted it off there lot, well i wasnt really sure about this car at first, but the 4.8 has more then enough power to throw you into your seat when your going 70 miles an hour, the interior on the car is amazing ive never felt so much comfort before, and i got into a accident about half a week ago, and the olds bavada got totalled out and my axel snapped under the frame, but the safety of the car was very very realiable, i did a complete 360 and never lost control of the car once, the 6 disc changer and the subwoofer in the back make the car about perfect. I got slammed into the door but the seat belt acted as it should and locked tightly so i hardly hit the door, the airbags in the seat were good too, they went off like they should of, overall at 60 miles an hour the only thing was the axel broke and it totaled his car, i would definently recommend this car to a beginner driver, as it is very very safe. Yes it may get lower in gas milage, but the heavier a car is the safer it is."

AMAZING VEHICLE

By on Wednesday, January 23, 2008

"Even though I've never owned a brand new car in my life... to me this Conti is still like new. Bought in 2006 with 73K miles, now with 115,000 miles on it (I put 40,000 miles on it in a year last year) it has NEVER let me down. Starts, runs great, handles wonderfully, and that 4.6L gets up and goes...gotta love those 275 horses. Just one repair is all it's needed. Even when I exceeded the oil change interval by almost 2000 miles, the oil was still clear!! WOW. It's great on the highways...roughly 30mph on the interstate. About 20 around city. I still get compliments on it all the time for its looks...still like new."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Lincoln Continental near Honolulu. See local deals