• 2014 Small Luxury Sedan Buyer's Guide

1994 Lincoln Continental

6.8

Based on 42 Ratings for the 1988 - 1994 models.

7.3/10
    7.5/10
    7.4/10
    7.4/10

Other than my Allante this would be the worst car

By on Tuesday, October 08, 2013

Pros: "Comfortable"

Cons: "Too many to list oh, and no cup holders!"

"The car is comfortable but other than that it is a money pit. I am the second owner and I bought it with 82000 miles on it. Since then I have had to replace the air ride with a fixed system, repaired the AC, sent the instrument panel to New York for repair, repaired the driver side electric window, decided not to repair the passenger side power door lock, replaced the oil pressure sensor, front brakes, tires and still deal with a low windshield fluid reservoir warning light that will not go away. Constantly have electrical issues. Sometimes things work (trunk release, cruise control, turn signal when used will shut off the cassette player) and now on occasion when I turn on the ignition all the lights start blinking. Bought the car pretty cheap but the money I have put into it makes me ill just thinking about it. Time for something else."

Overall nice car

By on Saturday, August 17, 2013

Pros: "Great family car..at one time."

Cons: "charginh a smart phone is not good for battery"

"I love this car and have had some issues with it. It is so comfortable. I had to get my air bags changed to shocks. I hated that while my children loved that bouncing about when I could not just park the car you got a car that working you not going to let it sit. Got it in 2006 for $2560. I did get my moneys worth before any problems. Recent issues were it overheats. I would buy it again. But make sure you got a mechanic that will work on it, maybe a bootleg mechanic. If you buy it from a person that kept it well maintained it is a good car. Problems are hard to find and expensive. Old cars you got to get one thing are another fixed. Still one of the most comfortable cars I have had. I like it compared to the 2010 Dodge Charger I drive. I am a older person love old model car."

Do not waste your money on this car

By on Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Reason: junk

Pros: "good interior"

Cons: "not enough room to list here"

"So many things went wrong with this car that so it is the worst car I have ever owned, and I did make a big mistake by thinking you get what you pay for. The engineering is as flawed as I have ever seen, and you will not see many of these cars getting old. The engine has a bad problem with the head gaskets going out, and there is a kit for the dealers to repair it. My original engine ceased after 25k miles, but Ford did replace the engine only they did not put in the kit to repair the head gasket so it blew out again without ceasing the engine. They did put the kit in for no charge, but the first engine clogged the water pump so it neede to be replaced too. The air conditioner did not blow any cold air after the car was 3 years old, and the air ride suspension did not work after 6 years so I used it like a low rider as it was very unsafe to drive with no suspension. The driver door had issues as the window would not open and the door would not open too after 11 years, and the electric antenna would not go up after 5 years so the remote unlock would not work. The check engine light would go on and chirp after driving 10 miles, and the mechanics at the dealer did not know what it was so I lived with it for years too as it would chirp like an annoying bird for as long as I would drive. There are better choices for you to make so do not buy this car."

Love this car

By on Thursday, November 03, 2011

Pros: "Smooth Ride"

Cons: "Small Cup holder"

"Love this car. The seats are comfortable. Runs great. Smooth ride."

great running, well maintained, good gas mileage

By on Sunday, October 02, 2011

Pros: "nice family car"

Cons: "no cup holders"

"1992 lincoln continental white w/red interior clean, well maintain, close to new tires. needs headlight assembly and seats need some work on switches"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Lincoln Continental near Honolulu. See local deals
See if you qualify for