• Small Luxury Sedan Buyer's Guide

2008 Lexus SC

9.6

Based on 134 Ratings for the 2002 - 2010 models.

9.8/10
    9.7/10

Stylish and Reliable

By on Saturday, January 24, 2015

Pros: "Very Reliable"

Cons: "Stiff jittery ride"

"Styling. I would give it an A minus. Styling is subjective but still looks modern after more than a dozen years, has lots of curb appeal Reliability. I would give it a solid A . This thing is as solid as an anvil. If I was doing an experiment on buying and keeping a car for 50 years, this car would be on the top of my list. I think it would probably survive the next ice age.. Comfort/ interior appointments.. A minus.. Beautifully crafted interior. The leather is excellent quality not a seam out of place. excellent gleaming wood surfaces one of the most luxurious interiors this side of a Bentley. Seats are comfortable but have no lateral support... Driving experience/dynamics. C minus. Not quite as cutesy as it looks. 0 to 60 takes about 6 seconds but feels like 8. Lazy throttle response.. No steering feel and under steers heavily into corners like an old Cadillac or a Buick. Brakes are fine but the transmission downshifts slowly and has no sport mode. Engineers at Audi-Porsche or Mercedes will not be loosing sleep. Tuned for casual driving and not for canyon carving. Unfortunately has a harsh and jittery ride. The standard run flats are absolutely awful. Switching to regular tires helps but not completely. Unless the road surface is glass smooth small road imperfections intrude into the cabin. Better on the highway and is a comfortable highway cruiser.. Overall Rating. As a new car in the 60 to 70 thousand range. C plus As a used car in. The. 10 to 20 thousand range. a solid B plus What's Hot. Styling, Beautifully crafted. Superior fit and finish, Great stereo Very Reliable. Whats not. Lifeless steering, stiff and jittery ride."

I purchased new - second fun car. Excellent !

By on Saturday, January 03, 2015

Pros: "Beautiful car."

Cons: "Perfect car - needs a younger owner!"

"Car purchased as a second car for Palm Desert home. Used very little"

Marvelous luxury convertible

By on Thursday, November 27, 2014

"Runs extremely smoothly and quietly. Handles precisely."

Awesome weekend car.

By on Monday, October 13, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive TOP-Less!! with lexus quality"

Cons: "radio cover trim stuck."

"I have owned my 2005 SC430 for 5 months now. I bought her used with 95K miles on odometer. Even thou She has alot of miles already, I am a true believer in the Lexus reliability and quality. I have had many Lexus vehicles in the past. I found her in excellent condition with white exterior and saddle interior. The engine is still strong (V8) and the Wheels were updated to the 2010 Lexus SC430 18" instead of the ugly covered wheels from early models. The ride is smooth and comfortable. Also, I love the wood trim that flows around the dash and center console. My SC430 is my weekend car. I try to put the top down as often as I get a chance to, whether it is cold or at nights. Many times over, I get compliments whether on the street,at stop signs/lights and gas stations. Only compliant I have is the sliding cover over the radio is stuck and doesn't come down. (But heck, it was already like that when I bought it.) not a deal breaker at all."

Great car

By on Sunday, October 05, 2014

Pros: "Fun Fun Fun"

Cons: "Dont get any better to Drive"

"Purchased New will hold on to IT!"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Lexus SC near Honolulu. See local deals