• 10 Best Hybrid Cars Under $30,000

2014 Lexus RX Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $42,746 - $44,215.

10/7.1

Based on 132 Ratings for the 2009 - 2012 models.

An automotive repair specialist who knows quality

By on Tuesday, January 14, 2014

"I have been in auto repair for over 30 years, and own one of the best shops in the northwest, specializing in transmission repair, I know cars. We are on our 3rd Lexus, and like the preceding 2 cars, our RX350 has never been a problem. We love Lexus, cars, suvs, whatever Toyota puts the Lexus badge on will deliver a quality experience for the lifetime of ownership. While buying a new Lexus can stretch a budget, the lack of repairs will more than make up the difference."

Lexus Quality & Outstanding Value

By on Sunday, September 16, 2012

Pros: "Comfortable, highway mileage (26 mpg) w/ AWD"

Cons: "Satellite radio reception"

"I've had my RX for 3 months and could not be happier. This is a luxury, not sport oriented, SUV with a very comfortable, well designed interior and excellent overall build quality. More than met my expectations for a Lexus. XM radio reception cuts out and weather radar often doesn't show rain. Dealer agrees on radio & radar display problems - not just my vehicle - but has no answer or fix. My previous vehicle (different make) had same service but no satellite radio related issues. Graphics on nav system need updating - not up to industry standards. Why doesn't Lexus update operating system with new features?"

Feel Special

By on Monday, January 09, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive, handles well, looks great"

Cons: "Center console set up, grrrrr and premium gas."

"This is my 2nd RX and I love it. Handles great on snow and rides smoothly. Love the fact it has enough power to zoom me into traffic when needed. Two things I'd change. No more premium gas, and whoever designed a center console that you have to lift out to plug in a GPS or a phone charger should BE SHOT. That one thing annoys me to no end."

Love my Lexus

By on Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Pros: "Easy to drive, comfort, controls"

Cons: "Pedals dont move,accessory plugs, premium gas"

"This is absolutely the most comfortable vehicle I have ever owned! For it's size it gets decent gas mileage but has to have premium :(. The only downsides are the ipod hook ups and charger plug ins are located in an awkward place and for short drivers it would be great if the pedals moved. I love the heated and cooled seats, the power liftgate, keyless entry and ignition and the way the doors cover the bottom of the car so I don't get my pants dirty when exiting or entering the car."

Great value luxury SUV

By on Friday, February 07, 2014

"Very comfortable, elegant, roomy well-designed interior for this 6'2" driver. Can readily handle 4-5 adults. Car still looks great inside and out after 72k miles and 4 1/2 years. Handles well. Hybrid gas mileage on this pretty heavy vehicle is pretty respectable (about 25 mpg combined for me which includes a fair amount of driving up and down a mountain). I've owned Lexus vehicles for 20 years and this is the first one that I had any mechanical problem, namely the fuel injection pump failed at 47k miles. Luckily, the vehicle was under warranty (barely) and the Lexus towing/car rental/repair experience was all excellent (happened on Friday evening and there was a 24-hour Lexus service location that we were able to go to). I was of course disappointed that this happened in the first place. This was around the time that Toyota was getting some bad publicity for more quality problems than usual due to growth/outsourcing of parts and it did make me wonder if they were compromising quality: time will tell. My only other complaint is the NAV system, which you're forced to buy if you want the back-up camera, is overpriced (NAV dvd updates are also a rip-off) and not well-designed. All in all I'd highly recommend the vehicle to anyone looking for an SUV in this price range."