• Small Luxury Sedan Buyer's Guide

2014 Lexus RX Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $36,411 - $37,695.

10/7.1

Based on 137 Ratings for the 2009 - 2012 models.

Previous | 1 ... 4 5 6 | Next

Should've Kept my 2007

By on Thursday, August 05, 2010

"I have had this car for about 6 months now. I traded my 2007 RX350 and started regretting the trade so0n after. The 07 had a better ride, less rode and wind noise and rear cargo area rattle, more comfortable seats and just overall better. The 2010 vehicle has more hi tech features where the designers should have paid more attention to comfort and overall luxury feel of the vehicle. To even consider another RX 350 the dealer will have to let me keep the vehicle for a week. If there was any way I could give this vehicle back without a loss I would. I've already told my husband in four years when I am looking for my next vehicle Lexus will not be my first choice. I will look at other make's and model's."

RX450h 2010

By on Wednesday, August 04, 2010

"Great vehicle. Comfortable. Plenty of room. Tows my jetski with no problems. great gas mileage."

Not as good as before

By on Sunday, August 01, 2010

"I have a 2001 RX and love it. I bought a new 2010 and am surprised in the quality difference! the new RX is made very cheap compared to the older ones!"

Outstanding luxury SUV

By on Wednesday, July 14, 2010

"Replaced a 2005 RX330 with the 2010 RX450h & have not been disappointed with any aspect of this vehicle. A recent trip from Texas to Ohio and back yielded an average of 30.9 mpg alternating between mid-grade & premium fuel. The overall quality, quiet ride and luxury appointments are impressive & the NAV system is much improved and practically fool proof. Outstanding vehicle & great value."

Drive for awhile before buying.

By on Thursday, June 10, 2010

"If I had driven this car for more than a quick test drive I would not have bought this car!!! Gas milage about 19-20 back and forth to work. 23-23.5 on the open road. To look at the clock you have to move your hand off the wheel. Only the driver can read the outside temperature read out. Temp read out should be on the mirror. Door panels are too high. I can't reach out the window easily. This is even with the seat as high as possible. The bottom seat is not long enough to properly support your thighs on a long drive. I get tired driving this car after being in it for less than 2 hours. Also hit my head on the car roof when I get into the car. Biggest problem is the reflection of the dashboard on the windshield. It's like driving in a fog when the sun is out. I test drove this car two times. but both times it was cloudy. I think the reflection comes from the slant of the windshield. I have tried to sell this car and can't without losing a lot of money. Be very careful before buying this model. It is great in snow and the nav system is fantastic."

First Lexus

By on Tuesday, May 25, 2010

"This is my first Lexus and I have to say I am impressed. The ride is smooth and it is quiet. It has more gadgets than I know what to do with. I actually enjoy driving again. The nav system is so easy to use. Fit and finish and the quality of the interior is superior to other vehicles. The Dealership experience for me was excellent, they are light years ahead of others. I am now a loyal Lexus buyer."

By on Friday, May 21, 2010

Best Car I Have Ever Owned

By on Friday, April 02, 2010

"I have owned and driven all luxury and suv. This is the finest car I have ever owned..."

2006RX vs 2010RX

By on Thursday, March 25, 2010

"Traded our 2006 RX for a new 2010 RX. Should have kept the 2006 as it had a better, softer ride, better gas milage, much less wind and road noise, side door guard moldings, better quality leather, better front AC outlet, better over-all quality interior. The 2010 does have better pick-up but a much noisier engine. The 2010 needs guide lights for the overhead buttons in night driving. First car of the same model I have ever purchased that seems down-graded from a previous year. Hopefully it will have the same reliability as our 2006 which was perfect for 60,000 miles."

Don't like new body style

By on Thursday, March 25, 2010

"The 2010 Rx would have been a beautiful car if they had not changed the body style. Why would they make it look more masculine? Why did they make the outlet for IPod inside the center console?"

By on Saturday, March 20, 2010

Gas mileage could be better

By on Tuesday, March 16, 2010

"While rated for 18-24 mpg, so far I only get around 19. No door trim on the sides and the side view mirrors are very big and block pedestrians walking off sidewalks, etc. I love the extras, color (cerelan blue--had many compliments on it). Don't get all black inside, too hard to find anything--mine is black and mostly gray inside. Cost was high, but I do love the comfort and drive. Nav system does not understand me all the time--when I say "go home" it thinks I said "phone"."

2010 RX350 - Good Buy

By on Thursday, March 11, 2010

"This is the first Lexus I have owned, and have been very pleased overall. It is very comfortable and performs well. The nav and bluetooth work well. I hate the location of the accessory port being under the tray in the console and would much rather have a full size spare, and as many have mentioned, the MPGs are ower than they state on the sticker. I previously had an Infiniti and the back-up camera was far superior. It actually told you how close to an object you were when backing-up. In the Lexus, you don't have a clue. All that being said, I still would not hesitate to by another RX350."

Luxury & Function

By on Wednesday, March 10, 2010

"My 2009 RX350 AWD is a perfect blend of luxury and functionality. Power and smoothness compliment the RX350's ride. Styling is A+, the fit & finish is second to none. The NAV is a worthwhile option. The birdseye maple sets off the interior as a luxury compliment. The leather quality is first rate. Only one complaint, I am about 195 lbs and not a big person. The front seat side bolsters on the seat (not the seat back) are breaking down and losing their support and appearance. They need to upgrade the design/build quality of the seats. Get a new supplier. Maybe recaro?"

A Driver's Dream

By on Tuesday, March 02, 2010

"This vehicle is incredible and a pleasure to drive. The wipers automatically come on/adjust to the rain/moisture on your windshield, lights auto dim/bright around curves/darkness at night, comfortable/adjustable seats, awesome sound system. Very quiet and comfortable ride. Traded my 2003 4Runner Limited (compromised space/height for luxury). I do miss sitting higher especially in traffic but all the other bells and whistles and luxury/comfort make up for that. I used to hate driving (especially in traffic) but now that I am in the comfort of my RX, I don't mind as much. I will continue to support Toyota products (very reliable and they do hold their value). I previously owned vehicles from Honda and General Motors and they are far from the quality of Toyota products and the customer service they provide at the dealerships."

Great But needs some Twiking

By on Tuesday, February 23, 2010

"After 5k I think I love this vehicle the MPG could be better but after an Envoy I can live with it I am not sure of the value yet as i think the true value of a vehicle is after the warranty runs out I tend to keep them about 70-80k at about 4-5 years at that point I will know if it was worth the bucks for the Lexus brand I have to say that I cannot believe that all that money and not one lousy piece of body moulding not a strip to protect the doors The one thing that really bothers me no not bothers but hate I mean really hate is the center counsel storage what a waste you have to pull out this box to get to the assoc plug and the usb the box is so hard to remove when you are sitting it is set to far back when the lid is up you have to reach so far back to get into the box do not put anything in there you might need when you are driving Besides those two things I am happy with my Lexus My grandkids would rather sit in the back with the reclining back seats and I do love the shifter up a little high rather then a crumb collector"

By on Thursday, February 18, 2010

"Has everything you could ask for in a mid size SUV. Great ride, plenty of room, beautifully appointed, great reputation for reliability. Final bonus is resale value. Can't beat this vehicle."

By on Friday, February 05, 2010

GREAT CAR!!

By on Thursday, February 04, 2010

"First Lexus I have owned. What a great car. Quiet, smooth, and the fit and finish is top notch. It hauls just as much as my 4Runner did but in much more style and comfort. Would do it all over again."

worth the money

By on Sunday, January 31, 2010

"this is the best car I have ever owned."

Nice Vehicle

By on Tuesday, January 05, 2010

"We've owned our vehicle 3 months and feel very good about the purchase. It is the most comfortable vehicle I've ever owned. So far we have averaged 26 mpg since we picked the vehicle up in some very, very cold weather. I have not had the dealer look at it yet, but there is a humming noise that occurs in the passenger rear side during mild acceleration."

Overall happy!

By on Friday, January 01, 2010

"I had a Land Cruiser for 3 yrs, a GX for 2 years, now the 2010 RX. My GX was POSSESSED - in the shop over 10 times in 2 yrs. I decided to stay with Lexus and am loving my RX so far. I have found it DOES NOT like the cold weather in Colorado. It takes forever to warm up when it is below 25 outside. I also find that it has more "noise" until it is warm if that is possible. Other than that it has been a very comfortable ride. I am interested to see where the gas milage will fall. I would buy it again in a second!"

Not a Chevy

By on Monday, December 28, 2009

"Switched to smaller vehicle after driving Chevrolets for 25 years only because wasnt finding size/mileage/handling in American cars. This veh has a great, smooth drive, lots of pick up. Drawbacks are the small uncomfortable seats, every person that has sat in the pass seat has complained about the lack of comfort. Lexus overated. Might hold value better than american cars but this model is not that special."

Noisy

By on Tuesday, December 15, 2009

"After owning five RXs, one being a hybrid, this is the first one with rattles that are difficult for the dealer to fix. Engine seems noisy as well. Many features (spare tire, door grab handles, etc.) seem cheaper than earlier models. My next vehicle will probably not be a Lexus."

rx

By on Tuesday, December 01, 2009

"bought rx 2months ago, the best car I have ever driven, quiet, smooth good gas mileage enjoy music and cds xm radio and all."

Previous | 1 ... 4 5 6 | Next