• 2014 Compact SUVs

2014 Lexus RX Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $37,716 - $38,603.

10/7.1

8.4

Based on 124 Ratings for the 2009 - 2012 models.

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25

The only thing I would change is to get better gas

By on Monday, March 03, 2014

"The only thing I would change is to get better gas mileage. I average 20 on the road and about 17/18 in city. I have a heavy foot but the best gas mileage on the road was about 23.3 mpg. Long trips it gets about 21.5 mpg."

Lexus RX 350

By on Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, great mileage on long trips."

"This is by far the best high performing car I have ever owned. Cannot beat it for comfort, reliability and driving."

great car although ride is a little harsh

By on Monday, February 17, 2014

"lexus makes the best overall line of cars. this is my second lexus"

A Big Disappointment!

By on Friday, February 07, 2014

Pros: "Quiet interior, Good sounding 12 speaker stereo,"

Cons: "Poor quality interior design & materials,"

"I bought this 2014 based upon the excellent reliability ratings for the Lexus RX350 and my good experience with my 2008 RX350. The main reason this review scores so low is that I am comparing it to the 2008 that I traded in on this 2014 model. My 2008 had a MSRP of $42,450, the 2014 MSRP was $47,030. I liked the 2008 a whole lot better than this 2014 mainly because Lexus designers have cheapened the interior materials and design on the 2014 most likely to lighten the vehicle so as to achieve slightly better gas mileage. The 2008 was all wheel drive, the 2014 is only front wheel drive, yet the gas mileage is almost identical at 21.5 mpg combined. The best features of the 2014 are 1) Quieter interior noise level. 2) Better sounding 12 speaker sound system. 3) Better cornering capability. 4) Blind Spot Monitoring System. The disappointments are numerous, including 1) Poor back-up camera. 2) Lack of an air conditioning button on the dashboard. You never know if the a/c compressor is on or off unless you toggle through multiple window screens to see if it is operating. 3) Poor interior storage space. The center console is so dark and deep that it is difficult to find anything in it. The door storage bins have all been reduced in size from the 2008 model. 4) Space Saver spare tire takes up almost all of the interior storage space under the rear cargo load floor. You can not even fit a trailer hitch in the remaining small storage space under the cargo mat.(The 2008 had a full size spare located outside under the back of the vehicle). 5) The carpeting and mats are embarrassingly thin. They belong in an economy car, not a luxury vehicle. 6) The leather feels thin on the seats. 7) Stiffer ride compared to the 2008. I could go on, but you get the idea. I expect a newer vehicle to improve from previous designs, not go backwards. I regret buying this vehicle. It will be my last Lexus."

Great value luxury SUV

By on Friday, February 07, 2014

"Very comfortable, elegant, roomy well-designed interior for this 6'2" driver. Can readily handle 4-5 adults. Car still looks great inside and out after 72k miles and 4 1/2 years. Handles well. Hybrid gas mileage on this pretty heavy vehicle is pretty respectable (about 25 mpg combined for me which includes a fair amount of driving up and down a mountain). I've owned Lexus vehicles for 20 years and this is the first one that I had any mechanical problem, namely the fuel injection pump failed at 47k miles. Luckily, the vehicle was under warranty (barely) and the Lexus towing/car rental/repair experience was all excellent (happened on Friday evening and there was a 24-hour Lexus service location that we were able to go to). I was of course disappointed that this happened in the first place. This was around the time that Toyota was getting some bad publicity for more quality problems than usual due to growth/outsourcing of parts and it did make me wonder if they were compromising quality: time will tell. My only other complaint is the NAV system, which you're forced to buy if you want the back-up camera, is overpriced (NAV dvd updates are also a rip-off) and not well-designed. All in all I'd highly recommend the vehicle to anyone looking for an SUV in this price range."

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25