• 2014 Compact SUV Buyer's Guide

2014 Lexus RX Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $37,340 - $38,340.

10/7.1

Based on 119 Ratings for the 2009 - 2012 models.

love it comfy fun design entior

By on Sunday, August 18, 2013

Reason: lease for 3 months

"the ride was soft road noise was quiet."

From 2001 RX 300 to 2013 RX 350 (Maybe!)

By on Saturday, August 10, 2013

I don't own this car

Pros: "reliable, smooth ride, great size"

Cons: "rear door manual, not automatic"

"I have 170,000 miles on my 2001 RX 300 and have had NO major problems. I bought the car on the Internet from another state, and the salesman delivered it to me personally. In 12 years, I have replaced a rear window motor. Lexus of Greenville has performed all of the car's maintenance, and the service members have given my car incredible attention over the years. I'm looking now, and I do not believe that I can find a car that will serve me better than a Lexus--great investment for past 12 years. Expensive, yes, but over the years, the lack of repairs and the reliability and luxury have more than compensated for the higher cost. My issue is whether to buy new or pre-certified, and reviews are helping."

Love this car!

By on Thursday, August 01, 2013

Pros: "fun to drive, comfortable ride, cooling seats"

Cons: "no sunglass holder, avg gas mileage"

"Got a used 2011 RX350 and absolutely love it! The only thing negative is the gas mileage, but the comfort supersedes that! The car takes the bumps extremely well. For the price of a new RAV4 you too can drive a Lexus!"

Blast to drive

By on Sunday, July 14, 2013

Pros: "great car"

Cons: "a few mpg less than ad"

"Nice quality built car Will buy a newer model in a few years Lots of fun to drive"

Love the 2013 RX

By on Sunday, July 07, 2013

Pros: "Comfort, fun to drive, technology in cabin"

Cons: "Cargo space compared to sequoia we traded in"

"Wow this car is awesome! It is stunning inside and out and drives like a dream. I love the saddle brown color leather interior with stargazer black exterior...sweet!"

F-Sport is a teeth-rattler

By on Wednesday, July 03, 2013

Pros: "great quality and design - lots of power -"

Cons: "gas mileage WAY overstated, ride is just awful"

"I am loyal to the Lexus brand but the ride in the F-Sport RX will rattle your teeth. Can't wait til the lease is up - in fact may try to get out of it early - i've only had the car for three months. not sure why we didn't pick up on the super firm ride except we spent more time on the highway and didn't hit roads with lots of bumps/potholes on the test drive. if you live in an area with lots of uneven pavement/potholes, think twice and get the regular RX, NOT the F-Sport. My 911S is less jarring than this."

Nice SUV HANDLES fine, service is good.

By on Monday, April 29, 2013

Pros: "Comfortable to drive, looks great"

Cons: "Low gas milage, lots of rattles."

"Overall the car and dealer are good. Gas Milage is lower than advertised. Comfortable on long rides. Many rattles from trunk area. Also had a terrible rattle coming from dash board. After several attempts from dealer it went unresolved. I finally found that the glove compartment door was loose. I had to gerryrig the door with padding to stop the rattle. Not what one expects from a luxury car."

Great car in more ways than one !

By on Sunday, March 03, 2013

Pros: "Great price fun to drive good to look at!"

Cons: "Not so great location of cig. Plugs."

"Easy to drive, comfortable beautiful to look at, great acoustics n amenities. not convenient location of plug or cigarette lighter plugs. Uses too much gas wish U have a choice of 4 cylinder or bigger tank ."

Love my car!

By on Saturday, February 09, 2013

Pros: "Unparalleled value for the class"

Cons: "Not one I can think of... and I'm a picky girl!"

"Since childhood, I was a total car geek. I have owned a Mercedes Benz, Volkswagens (a Cabriolet and a Jetta), a Honda Accord, and 2 Toyota Camry's (one Camry was a gift, the other Camry was my husband's main car). If I had unlimited resources, I might drive a BMW SUV or a larger Lexus SUV, but I don't. So, I searched long and hard for the best value- for a car that had everything we were looking for. We are a one car family (my husband now commutes to NYC) and we wanted something for my commute and for family time. I couldn't be happier with our choice. It's totally functional for packing up our baby and his gear. It's powerful and comfortable for my commute. It's sexy and sleek for date night. It's great for family road trips too. We've had the car for nearly 3 years and I'm totally satisfied. We'd buy a 2nd one if we needed another car. I typically prefer German styling and handling, but the price tag and amenities for the Lexus RX are unparalleled."

Absolute perfection!

By on Friday, February 08, 2013

Pros: "Great vehicle to drive. Fun. Comfortable."

Cons: "None."

"Nothing else comes close to this vehicle. Comfort, agility, and reliability all in one package."

Comfortable, Reliable...Love it

By on Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Pros: "Visability, sunglass holder, 60-20-40 rear seat"

Cons: "side view mirrors turn down when in reverse gear"

"My RX 330 is a 2004 and I still love this car. The only time it goes to the shop is for routine maintenance. I have used regular gasoline in this car & it still runs smooth. It has been on long trips & gets good mileage & is comfortable. I was recently in an accident where a small compact Honda rear ended me at 30+ mph. That car's front end was totally destroyed, my rear bumper had scratches and the tow bar was bent, total damage only $2500. I have never had a car this long and I guess a pro would be I do not want a new car."

Excellent car

By on Sunday, December 23, 2012

"Excellent car in most respects. Doesn't corner like a sports car, but it's not. So a winner. Beautiful , luxury, powerful, and reliable. Ready for my 5th one at end of my lease in June."

Lexus Quality & Outstanding Value

By on Sunday, September 16, 2012

Pros: "Comfortable, highway mileage (26 mpg) w/ AWD"

Cons: "Satellite radio reception"

"I've had my RX for 3 months and could not be happier. This is a luxury, not sport oriented, SUV with a very comfortable, well designed interior and excellent overall build quality. More than met my expectations for a Lexus. XM radio reception cuts out and weather radar often doesn't show rain. Dealer agrees on radio & radar display problems - not just my vehicle - but has no answer or fix. My previous vehicle (different make) had same service but no satellite radio related issues. Graphics on nav system need updating - not up to industry standards. Why doesn't Lexus update operating system with new features?"

We are a two Lexus family.

By on Sunday, August 26, 2012

Pros: "Very comfortable seats. Great A/C and visibility."

Cons: "None yet......"

"Mine is a 2012 IS250. Love it!! Last Lexus a '99 GS300. Sold it at 177000 miles to a proud new owner. Now, we have another: a 2010 RX350. Bought it from the dealer two weeks ago. Great CPO Guarantee. We're in the middle of a 4000 mile trip and this car is something else! Smooth, quiet, powerful and all of that. A whole lot of car for the money!"

2004 w/ 130,000 several recalls

By on Monday, July 16, 2012

Pros: "Reliability, ride, comfort"

Cons: "Noisy engine, some fit and finish, a/c vent rattle"

"Classic Lexus/Toyota quality. I take car of my cars. Had maintenance on a regular basis. Now things are beginning to fail. Went through tires quickly over the years. Engine has always had an annoying tapping that Lexus said was normal. Four years ago, the outside trim on the windows came off. Lexus wanted to replace window. Got trim online for much, much less. Rear lights leaked after five years. Pulled then, put a homemade gasket on that no one can see. A bit of a design flaw. Leather seats in front starting to crack. But, the most annoying issue was an air vent rattle at about 45 degrees. Raise the temperature with heat and it stops. However, compared to my Audi's this was an 8 year dream car! However, will likely buy another brand as the car has not really changed in 8 years and is expensive compared to others in the class."

Second Lexus - Best Auto

By on Monday, July 16, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive, handles well, conveniences galore."

Cons: "Short of space in center console."

"I have a 2004 with almost 100,000 miles on it. Never had any major repairs - only service. Best car I've driven for comfort, nice ride, and convenience and kept it for my wife. Just bought a 2012 and it is even better with new advancements. Love it! I got 30 miles a gallon on my 2004 a couple years ago driving 55 mph through Oklahoma. Can get 26 mph easy if one drives speed limit of 65. Had 3 Mercedes in past which didn't compare to Lexus in ride quality."

Best investment I have made.

By on Wednesday, April 04, 2012

Pros: "maintenance is perfect, SO worth the price paid"

Cons: "only 5 seats-probably not large family-style car"

"The best car I have ever owned. I cannot stress the perfection of this vehicle. I have two daughters who are just starting to drive, and this is such a safe, comfortable, and smooth running vehicle. I have owned many other makes in the past and at this point I would never go back. I am comfortable letting my daughters drive together in this car, and it is perfect for our every need. The interior is lovely and spacious, allowing full comfort if Dad and the inlaws want to go out for the night as well. Certainly an all-purpose car. Love it."

Great car

By on Saturday, March 24, 2012

Pros: "Easy to drive"

Cons: "Seat a little higher please"

"Most comfortable and easy to drive car. Great mileage on the long trips. Will definitely buy another."

Love my Lexus

By on Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Pros: "Easy to drive, comfort, controls"

Cons: "Pedals dont move,accessory plugs, premium gas"

"This is absolutely the most comfortable vehicle I have ever owned! For it's size it gets decent gas mileage but has to have premium :(. The only downsides are the ipod hook ups and charger plug ins are located in an awkward place and for short drivers it would be great if the pedals moved. I love the heated and cooled seats, the power liftgate, keyless entry and ignition and the way the doors cover the bottom of the car so I don't get my pants dirty when exiting or entering the car."

Great vehicle

By on Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Pros: "Quiet, comfortable, reliable, keyless go"

Cons: "gas mileage"

"I have owned my RX350 for about 18 months and it now has 18,000 miles on it. It has been taken to the dealership only for routine service. This vehicle is very quiet, comfortable and very well built. The climate control is great as is the sound system. Lexus just makes a very nice, reliable and comfortable car, in general. If I had a disappointment with this vehicle it would be the gas mileage. I had an 07 LS460 prior to this RX and the gas mileage on the highway was considerably better in the LS460. This one gets 21-22 mpg on the highway and 17-18 mpg in town."

great car

By on Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Pros: "good driving car, corners well, gd aceleration"

Cons: "no third seat"

"This car is a good combination between luxury and utility. Friends remark how smooth it is. The car is rated at 28/30 on gas milage but varies greatly from that. I've gotton as high as 38.5 mpg on a 400 mile trip in the fall and as low as 24 in mid winter with harsh conditions. To achieve the rated milage and above you must drive it using a hybrid driving style. The overall average mpg last year went as high as 31.1 and as low as 29 but we're not quite out of winter yet (Feb 21) and I suspect it might go a couple of tenths lower before it starts upward again. But we have had a mild winter. I can't think of anything I really dislike about the car."

overall excellent vehicle

By on Saturday, February 11, 2012

Pros: "pleasant to drive"

Cons: "center console box needs a better design"

"center console box need a better design"

Best SUV I've ever owned.

By on Wednesday, February 08, 2012

"My husband bought this for me as a surprise - I had been looking at the Ford Escape SUV. I've never been so pleased about the comfort, reliability and performance of an SUV, not to mention all the comments I get right after it's been washed. Expensive, but definitely a win-win."

Love this car

By on Tuesday, February 07, 2012

Pros: "Looks great, drives even better."

"I had a 2002 Lexus RX and loved it so much, I decided to upgrade to the 2010 when they came out. This car is the best! Sold my 2002 to a family friend without any hesitation, and she loves it."

Get what you expect

By on Sunday, January 22, 2012

Pros: "Safe comfortable and smooth"

Cons: "Bland bland bland"

"Reliable comfort but no excitement.drives like a luxury car."