2011 Lexus RX

Based on 166 Ratings for the 2010 - 2015 models.

Love to Drive!

By on Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Cons: "Console difficult to store and retrieve things."

"My vehicle drives like a dream. Comfortable, dependable and w/Sirrus radio, who could want more. My suggested improvements would be regarding the central console....it is hard for me to access and to plug in/release electronic charges. I love the convenience of the seats and the up and down movement of them. I can haul almost anything! I would definitely recommend this vehicle to anyone!"

Love my Lexus!

By on Wednesday, February 16, 2011

"I have been driving my 2009 Lexus RX 350 for two years now, and am still as happy as when I first bought it. I have only had to do normal service maintenance, which I actually have done at a Toyota dealership since the closest Lexus dealership is over 80 miles away from my new home. I do miss the wonderful first-class service of my former Lexus dealership, but am not unhappy that I am driving my car. Just wish the 2009 came standard with an iPod jack. I had Sirius radio installed after market, and could only have one or the other. I understand the newer models have corrected this oversight."

An automotive repair specialist who knows quality

By on Tuesday, January 14, 2014

"I have been in auto repair for over 30 years, and own one of the best shops in the northwest, specializing in transmission repair, I know cars. We are on our 3rd Lexus, and like the preceding 2 cars, our RX350 has never been a problem. We love Lexus, cars, suvs, whatever Toyota puts the Lexus badge on will deliver a quality experience for the lifetime of ownership. While buying a new Lexus can stretch a budget, the lack of repairs will more than make up the difference."

2006RX vs 2010RX

By on Thursday, March 25, 2010

"Traded our 2006 RX for a new 2010 RX. Should have kept the 2006 as it had a better, softer ride, better gas milage, much less wind and road noise, side door guard moldings, better quality leather, better front AC outlet, better over-all quality interior. The 2010 does have better pick-up but a much noisier engine. The 2010 needs guide lights for the overhead buttons in night driving. First car of the same model I have ever purchased that seems down-graded from a previous year. Hopefully it will have the same reliability as our 2006 which was perfect for 60,000 miles."

Very comfortable

By on Wednesday, September 02, 2009

"To start off, this is has been the easiest vehicle to adapt to ever in my experience. I felt comfortable from day 1. It starts in battery mode (can't even hear it). It moves very smooth with the engine shutting off and letting the battery do the work at lower speeds and starting position at intersections. We (two drivers)drove this vehicle from northeast Wisconsin all the way to Branson, MO with limited breaks and arrived to our destination with energy left and we are both 55. We are looking forward to our next driving experience. It is also great to know that we can travel in luxury with plenty of power and still respect the environment."

Feel Special

By on Monday, January 09, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive, handles well, looks great"

Cons: "Center console set up, grrrrr and premium gas."

"This is my 2nd RX and I love it. Handles great on snow and rides smoothly. Love the fact it has enough power to zoom me into traffic when needed. Two things I'd change. No more premium gas, and whoever designed a center console that you have to lift out to plug in a GPS or a phone charger should BE SHOT. That one thing annoys me to no end."

Should've Kept my 2007

By on Thursday, August 05, 2010

"I have had this car for about 6 months now. I traded my 2007 RX350 and started regretting the trade so0n after. The 07 had a better ride, less rode and wind noise and rear cargo area rattle, more comfortable seats and just overall better. The 2010 vehicle has more hi tech features where the designers should have paid more attention to comfort and overall luxury feel of the vehicle. To even consider another RX 350 the dealer will have to let me keep the vehicle for a week. If there was any way I could give this vehicle back without a loss I would. I've already told my husband in four years when I am looking for my next vehicle Lexus will not be my first choice. I will look at other make's and model's."

Lexus Quality & Outstanding Value

By on Sunday, September 16, 2012

Pros: "Comfortable, highway mileage (26 mpg) w/ AWD"

Cons: "Satellite radio reception"

"I've had my RX for 3 months and could not be happier. This is a luxury, not sport oriented, SUV with a very comfortable, well designed interior and excellent overall build quality. More than met my expectations for a Lexus. XM radio reception cuts out and weather radar often doesn't show rain. Dealer agrees on radio & radar display problems - not just my vehicle - but has no answer or fix. My previous vehicle (different make) had same service but no satellite radio related issues. Graphics on nav system need updating - not up to industry standards. Why doesn't Lexus update operating system with new features?"

Best investment I have made.

By on Wednesday, April 04, 2012

Pros: "maintenance is perfect, SO worth the price paid"

Cons: "only 5 seats-probably not large family-style car"

"The best car I have ever owned. I cannot stress the perfection of this vehicle. I have two daughters who are just starting to drive, and this is such a safe, comfortable, and smooth running vehicle. I have owned many other makes in the past and at this point I would never go back. I am comfortable letting my daughters drive together in this car, and it is perfect for our every need. The interior is lovely and spacious, allowing full comfort if Dad and the inlaws want to go out for the night as well. Certainly an all-purpose car. Love it."

Great value luxury SUV

By on Friday, February 07, 2014

"Very comfortable, elegant, roomy well-designed interior for this 6'2" driver. Can readily handle 4-5 adults. Car still looks great inside and out after 72k miles and 4 1/2 years. Handles well. Hybrid gas mileage on this pretty heavy vehicle is pretty respectable (about 25 mpg combined for me which includes a fair amount of driving up and down a mountain). I've owned Lexus vehicles for 20 years and this is the first one that I had any mechanical problem, namely the fuel injection pump failed at 47k miles. Luckily, the vehicle was under warranty (barely) and the Lexus towing/car rental/repair experience was all excellent (happened on Friday evening and there was a 24-hour Lexus service location that we were able to go to). I was of course disappointed that this happened in the first place. This was around the time that Toyota was getting some bad publicity for more quality problems than usual due to growth/outsourcing of parts and it did make me wonder if they were compromising quality: time will tell. My only other complaint is the NAV system, which you're forced to buy if you want the back-up camera, is overpriced (NAV dvd updates are also a rip-off) and not well-designed. All in all I'd highly recommend the vehicle to anyone looking for an SUV in this price range."

Beautiful auto inside and out, but has issues.

By on Wednesday, January 04, 2012

Pros: "Size, appointments, beautiful and elegant interior"

Cons: "Fuel mileage, quality"

"Was really excited about purchasing this SUV as an upgrade from the ES350. Needed something higher off the ground and with larger cargo capacity. Pretty quickly after we brought the RX home, noticed a rattle coming from the front passenger side door. 17000 miles later and 5 trips to Lexus service and the whole interior rattles and creeks like a 10yr old Kia. Frustrated and looking to off load. Very disappointed in the workmanship for such an expensive "Luxury" SUV."

I love this car

By on Sunday, March 06, 2011

"l also looked at the Acura MDX and Lincoln MKX but once I drove the RX, that was it. The MDX was too much like a truck and the Lincoln had an inferior look and feel, especially the interior. The RX ride is smooth and the interior is luxurious high end leather and features. I love the mouse/pointer feature. I got the luxury upgraded package, parking assist, HD Navigation System/premium radio system. Gas mileage is on the low end around 18/19 so far but I haven't traveled a long distance yet. No mechanical issues whatsoever; still learning all the features. This is a beautiful car and I am so happy with my purchase. Just wished the gas mileage was a little better and the IPod panel had better Controls so I rated performance as 4 instead of 5."

Comfortable, Reliable...Love it

By on Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Pros: "Visability, sunglass holder, 60-20-40 rear seat"

Cons: "side view mirrors turn down when in reverse gear"

"My RX 330 is a 2004 and I still love this car. The only time it goes to the shop is for routine maintenance. I have used regular gasoline in this car & it still runs smooth. It has been on long trips & gets good mileage & is comfortable. I was recently in an accident where a small compact Honda rear ended me at 30+ mph. That car's front end was totally destroyed, my rear bumper had scratches and the tow bar was bent, total damage only $2500. I have never had a car this long and I guess a pro would be I do not want a new car."

I love the RX350

By on Saturday, March 19, 2011

"This the best SUV I have ever driven. Very smooth drive. Great service. I couldn't drive another SUV after driving this one."

Great vehicle

By on Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Pros: "Quiet, comfortable, reliable, keyless go"

Cons: "gas mileage"

"I have owned my RX350 for about 18 months and it now has 18,000 miles on it. It has been taken to the dealership only for routine service. This vehicle is very quiet, comfortable and very well built. The climate control is great as is the sound system. Lexus just makes a very nice, reliable and comfortable car, in general. If I had a disappointment with this vehicle it would be the gas mileage. I had an 07 LS460 prior to this RX and the gas mileage on the highway was considerably better in the LS460. This one gets 21-22 mpg on the highway and 17-18 mpg in town."

The only thing I would change is to get better gas

By on Monday, March 03, 2014

"The only thing I would change is to get better gas mileage. I average 20 on the road and about 17/18 in city. I have a heavy foot but the best gas mileage on the road was about 23.3 mpg. Long trips it gets about 21.5 mpg."

Gas mileage could be better

By on Tuesday, March 16, 2010

"While rated for 18-24 mpg, so far I only get around 19. No door trim on the sides and the side view mirrors are very big and block pedestrians walking off sidewalks, etc. I love the extras, color (cerelan blue--had many compliments on it). Don't get all black inside, too hard to find anything--mine is black and mostly gray inside. Cost was high, but I do love the comfort and drive. Nav system does not understand me all the time--when I say "go home" it thinks I said "phone"."

A Driver's Dream

By on Tuesday, March 02, 2010

"This vehicle is incredible and a pleasure to drive. The wipers automatically come on/adjust to the rain/moisture on your windshield, lights auto dim/bright around curves/darkness at night, comfortable/adjustable seats, awesome sound system. Very quiet and comfortable ride. Traded my 2003 4Runner Limited (compromised space/height for luxury). I do miss sitting higher especially in traffic but all the other bells and whistles and luxury/comfort make up for that. I used to hate driving (especially in traffic) but now that I am in the comfort of my RX, I don't mind as much. I will continue to support Toyota products (very reliable and they do hold their value). I previously owned vehicles from Honda and General Motors and they are far from the quality of Toyota products and the customer service they provide at the dealerships."

BEST SUV

By on Sunday, July 12, 2015

Pros: "Great Safety Features"

Cons: "Limited Sirius and Enform Memberships"

"Have owned several different SUV's and the Lexus RX 350 is the BEST BY FAR in quality, reliability, appearance, and performance. I have never bought the same SUV twice but I would buy this one again."

Very comfortable on long drives

By on Saturday, March 29, 2014

Pros: "Greate value, low maintenance costs"

Cons: "No sunglasses holder above head"

"With roof rack and trailer hitch, I can take a lot of cargo on family trips. Not bad gas mileage considering size. Had since new, have only changed oil and filters. Replaced first set of tires after 70k, rotated regularly. Good looking vehicle, great lines. Great in snow with AWD. Highly recommend this safe and quiet ride."

Best Car I Have Ever Owned

By on Friday, April 02, 2010

"I have owned and driven all luxury and suv. This is the finest car I have ever owned..."

What a change

By on Sunday, November 01, 2009

"I vowed many years ago that the best car I bought was a 2000 RX300, and that when I needed a new car, I would buy an updated one. I looked at everything....Acura (too big), Cadillac (too opulent), Infiniti and Nissan (too many problems), Ford (the Hybrid Escape was coooool!), but all in all, the new RX was best. The only thinkg I wish was that there were more storage bins. Some zealous engineer put the new 24 Connect box where I would put sunglasses.... The new Remote Touch is very cool and works very effortlessly. However, it would be nice to figure out more storage in the nooks and crannies. The leather is soft, and the ventilated seats keep your bod nice and cool. Real glad I bought the new RX....and the Black Sapphire is a beautiful color.....black at night and deep mettalic blue in the sunlight. Go test drive and you'll be sold."

This car Is SO GREAT, Expensive But Worth It

By on Monday, December 26, 2011

Pros: "Luxury car-ride in small SUV"

Cons: "Beware of the fragile pop-out cup holder"

"On my third one now, and still love this thing. Great on icy mountain roads, comfortable on bumpy streets and long highway miles. Folks at the dealerships make you feel like you are Royalty. They still give free loaner if your car is in shop, free goodies and drinks if you wait. And nothing on the road can keep you in this kind of comfort. They got everything right. LOVE-LOVE-LOVE my car"

Rides on Name

By on Saturday, January 29, 2011

"I previously owned a 2002 Acura TL Type-S before trading it in on a 2009 RX350 as we wanted an all-wheel drive vehicle, the Acura was getting up in mileage, and the spouse wanted an SUV. The RX350 is reliable and comfortable, but boring. The 3.5 liter V6 provides decent power and gets about 25 mpg on the highway. The fact, though, is it just isn't very luxury. We have an iPod hookup (an extra $500) and it is hard to use through the radio. Other vehicles, such as GM, allow you to hook the iPod up through the touch screen land navigation. I found our Acura had more performance and luxury. Also, the Lexus dealerships we dealt with have been very inferior to Acura. They simply ride the name. The 2002 Acura came standard with perforated leather seats, automatic seat adjustment with the key fob, HID headlights, and other features that the 2009 Lexus lacks. My spouse and I have agreed this will be the first, and only, Lexus we ever own."

Second Lexus - Best Auto

By on Monday, July 16, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive, handles well, conveniences galore."

Cons: "Short of space in center console."

"I have a 2004 with almost 100,000 miles on it. Never had any major repairs - only service. Best car I've driven for comfort, nice ride, and convenience and kept it for my wife. Just bought a 2012 and it is even better with new advancements. Love it! I got 30 miles a gallon on my 2004 a couple years ago driving 55 mph through Oklahoma. Can get 26 mph easy if one drives speed limit of 65. Had 3 Mercedes in past which didn't compare to Lexus in ride quality."