2011 Lexus RX

Based on 158 Ratings for the 2009 - 2012 models.

This car Is SO GREAT, Expensive But Worth It

By on Monday, December 26, 2011

Pros: "Luxury car-ride in small SUV"

Cons: "Beware of the fragile pop-out cup holder"

"On my third one now, and still love this thing. Great on icy mountain roads, comfortable on bumpy streets and long highway miles. Folks at the dealerships make you feel like you are Royalty. They still give free loaner if your car is in shop, free goodies and drinks if you wait. And nothing on the road can keep you in this kind of comfort. They got everything right. LOVE-LOVE-LOVE my car"

Rides on Name

By on Saturday, January 29, 2011

"I previously owned a 2002 Acura TL Type-S before trading it in on a 2009 RX350 as we wanted an all-wheel drive vehicle, the Acura was getting up in mileage, and the spouse wanted an SUV. The RX350 is reliable and comfortable, but boring. The 3.5 liter V6 provides decent power and gets about 25 mpg on the highway. The fact, though, is it just isn't very luxury. We have an iPod hookup (an extra $500) and it is hard to use through the radio. Other vehicles, such as GM, allow you to hook the iPod up through the touch screen land navigation. I found our Acura had more performance and luxury. Also, the Lexus dealerships we dealt with have been very inferior to Acura. They simply ride the name. The 2002 Acura came standard with perforated leather seats, automatic seat adjustment with the key fob, HID headlights, and other features that the 2009 Lexus lacks. My spouse and I have agreed this will be the first, and only, Lexus we ever own."

BEST SUV

By on Sunday, July 12, 2015

Pros: "Great Safety Features"

Cons: "Limited Sirius and Enform Memberships"

"Have owned several different SUV's and the Lexus RX 350 is the BEST BY FAR in quality, reliability, appearance, and performance. I have never bought the same SUV twice but I would buy this one again."

Second Lexus - Best Auto

By on Monday, July 16, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive, handles well, conveniences galore."

Cons: "Short of space in center console."

"I have a 2004 with almost 100,000 miles on it. Never had any major repairs - only service. Best car I've driven for comfort, nice ride, and convenience and kept it for my wife. Just bought a 2012 and it is even better with new advancements. Love it! I got 30 miles a gallon on my 2004 a couple years ago driving 55 mph through Oklahoma. Can get 26 mph easy if one drives speed limit of 65. Had 3 Mercedes in past which didn't compare to Lexus in ride quality."

great car

By on Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Pros: "good driving car, corners well, gd aceleration"

Cons: "no third seat"

"This car is a good combination between luxury and utility. Friends remark how smooth it is. The car is rated at 28/30 on gas milage but varies greatly from that. I've gotton as high as 38.5 mpg on a 400 mile trip in the fall and as low as 24 in mid winter with harsh conditions. To achieve the rated milage and above you must drive it using a hybrid driving style. The overall average mpg last year went as high as 31.1 and as low as 29 but we're not quite out of winter yet (Feb 21) and I suspect it might go a couple of tenths lower before it starts upward again. But we have had a mild winter. I can't think of anything I really dislike about the car."

A Big Disappointment!

By on Friday, February 07, 2014

Pros: "Quiet interior, Good sounding 12 speaker stereo,"

Cons: "Poor quality interior design & materials,"

"I bought this 2014 based upon the excellent reliability ratings for the Lexus RX350 and my good experience with my 2008 RX350. The main reason this review scores so low is that I am comparing it to the 2008 that I traded in on this 2014 model. My 2008 had a MSRP of $42,450, the 2014 MSRP was $47,030. I liked the 2008 a whole lot better than this 2014 mainly because Lexus designers have cheapened the interior materials and design on the 2014 most likely to lighten the vehicle so as to achieve slightly better gas mileage. The 2008 was all wheel drive, the 2014 is only front wheel drive, yet the gas mileage is almost identical at 21.5 mpg combined. The best features of the 2014 are 1) Quieter interior noise level. 2) Better sounding 12 speaker sound system. 3) Better cornering capability. 4) Blind Spot Monitoring System. The disappointments are numerous, including 1) Poor back-up camera. 2) Lack of an air conditioning button on the dashboard. You never know if the a/c compressor is on or off unless you toggle through multiple window screens to see if it is operating. 3) Poor interior storage space. The center console is so dark and deep that it is difficult to find anything in it. The door storage bins have all been reduced in size from the 2008 model. 4) Space Saver spare tire takes up almost all of the interior storage space under the rear cargo load floor. You can not even fit a trailer hitch in the remaining small storage space under the cargo mat.(The 2008 had a full size spare located outside under the back of the vehicle). 5) The carpeting and mats are embarrassingly thin. They belong in an economy car, not a luxury vehicle. 6) The leather feels thin on the seats. 7) Stiffer ride compared to the 2008. I could go on, but you get the idea. I expect a newer vehicle to improve from previous designs, not go backwards. I regret buying this vehicle. It will be my last Lexus."

Nice SUV HANDLES fine, service is good.

By on Monday, April 29, 2013

Pros: "Comfortable to drive, looks great"

Cons: "Low gas milage, lots of rattles."

"Overall the car and dealer are good. Gas Milage is lower than advertised. Comfortable on long rides. Many rattles from trunk area. Also had a terrible rattle coming from dash board. After several attempts from dealer it went unresolved. I finally found that the glove compartment door was loose. I had to gerryrig the door with padding to stop the rattle. Not what one expects from a luxury car."

Not as good as before

By on Sunday, August 01, 2010

"I have a 2001 RX and love it. I bought a new 2010 and am surprised in the quality difference! the new RX is made very cheap compared to the older ones!"

Blast to drive

By on Sunday, July 14, 2013

Pros: "great car"

Cons: "a few mpg less than ad"

"Nice quality built car Will buy a newer model in a few years Lots of fun to drive"

I own 2 rx350's awd. A 2011 and a 2015.

By on Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Pros: "Ride, responsiveness, safe feeling vehicle, looks."

"I bought a 2011 rx350 AWD and felt it was the finest car I have ever driven for 3 straight years. Every time my wife drove it or in it she felt the same way. So we now own 2 RX350's AWD, since we purchased a second one this summer. The cars are amazing! They are quiet (the 2015 a little more so) and the ride is sensational. Every time you get in it, the car engulfs you with luxury. If you like your current luxury SUV do not test drive this car because you will be buying one!"

Drive for awhile before buying.

By on Thursday, June 10, 2010

"If I had driven this car for more than a quick test drive I would not have bought this car!!! Gas milage about 19-20 back and forth to work. 23-23.5 on the open road. To look at the clock you have to move your hand off the wheel. Only the driver can read the outside temperature read out. Temp read out should be on the mirror. Door panels are too high. I can't reach out the window easily. This is even with the seat as high as possible. The bottom seat is not long enough to properly support your thighs on a long drive. I get tired driving this car after being in it for less than 2 hours. Also hit my head on the car roof when I get into the car. Biggest problem is the reflection of the dashboard on the windshield. It's like driving in a fog when the sun is out. I test drove this car two times. but both times it was cloudy. I think the reflection comes from the slant of the windshield. I have tried to sell this car and can't without losing a lot of money. Be very careful before buying this model. It is great in snow and the nav system is fantastic."

Lexus RX 350

By on Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, great mileage on long trips."

"This is by far the best high performing car I have ever owned. Cannot beat it for comfort, reliability and driving."

Best luxury SUV on the market.

By on Sunday, October 26, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive everyday"

Cons: "needs sunglass holder"

"This luxury SUV with 4AWG handles like a sports car. It has rapid acceleration and we have driven it 9 hrs. in a day without feeiing worn out at the end of the day. I test drove all the other luxury SUV's and each had their advantage but they were not a Lexus. Everyone driving with me is amazed at the comfort, speed, and attention to detail. If you are looking for a sportier ride that gives up comfort for a greater feel of the road then this is not the car for you. If you want a car that gives you excellent control and handling in a ver comfortable ride then this is the one for you. I wish there was a place for sunglasses like the older models."

GAS MILEAGE SEVERELY OVERRATED

By on Friday, September 13, 2013

Pros: "Good quality"

Cons: "VERY POOR MILEAGE, center console inconvenient"

"My wife and I leased this new 2103 450h in February as a replacement for our 2003 RX-330. This new RX is no where near the vehicle my old one was. Center console is part of armrest and constantly interferes with the person driving when passenger is in and out of compartment. Mileage... We were told by dealership to use REGULAR GAS... but everything I read says PREMIUM, so I am confused. The mileage on it's best day is maybe 24. VERY DISAPPOINTING. Have had it back to dealership to explore this problem, and was told it was "within tolerance" of mileage expectations. Sound system and other apps are not user-intuitive."

Love my car!

By on Saturday, February 09, 2013

Pros: "Unparalleled value for the class"

Cons: "Not one I can think of... and I'm a picky girl!"

"Since childhood, I was a total car geek. I have owned a Mercedes Benz, Volkswagens (a Cabriolet and a Jetta), a Honda Accord, and 2 Toyota Camry's (one Camry was a gift, the other Camry was my husband's main car). If I had unlimited resources, I might drive a BMW SUV or a larger Lexus SUV, but I don't. So, I searched long and hard for the best value- for a car that had everything we were looking for. We are a one car family (my husband now commutes to NYC) and we wanted something for my commute and for family time. I couldn't be happier with our choice. It's totally functional for packing up our baby and his gear. It's powerful and comfortable for my commute. It's sexy and sleek for date night. It's great for family road trips too. We've had the car for nearly 3 years and I'm totally satisfied. We'd buy a 2nd one if we needed another car. I typically prefer German styling and handling, but the price tag and amenities for the Lexus RX are unparalleled."

I Really Dislike This Car

By on Saturday, November 23, 2013

Pros: "Comfortable seats, takes regular gasoline"

Cons: "See above"

"I owned a 2008 Lexus RX 350 which I absolutely loved. It was fun and easy to drive responding quickly and holding the road even at high speeds. It turned on a dime and was more sporty than I would have imagined. The car never had a mechanical problem. The inside appointments were top notch. Unfortunately, my beloved car was totaled in a storm. I did not think twice about purchasing another RX 350. I have to say the 2013 that I purchased is entirely different. It has a super stiff suspension and is like driving a truck. It is no longer "light on its feet" and I feel like I have to fight it to get it where I want it to go. The turning radius is huge making it difficult to turn around easily. The car lumbers around corners. Additionally, the interior appointments are much cheaper than in my 2008. I no longer enjoy driving and can't wait until I can get rid of it. In contrast, I drove a 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee for a year while consulting out of state. Loved the car, which I would have thought would have handled like a truck but didn't. Sorry I didn't buy a Jeep instead."

F-Sport is a teeth-rattler

By on Wednesday, July 03, 2013

Pros: "great quality and design - lots of power -"

Cons: "gas mileage WAY overstated, ride is just awful"

"I am loyal to the Lexus brand but the ride in the F-Sport RX will rattle your teeth. Can't wait til the lease is up - in fact may try to get out of it early - i've only had the car for three months. not sure why we didn't pick up on the super firm ride except we spent more time on the highway and didn't hit roads with lots of bumps/potholes on the test drive. if you live in an area with lots of uneven pavement/potholes, think twice and get the regular RX, NOT the F-Sport. My 911S is less jarring than this."

We are a two Lexus family.

By on Sunday, August 26, 2012

Pros: "Very comfortable seats. Great A/C and visibility."

Cons: "None yet......"

"Mine is a 2012 IS250. Love it!! Last Lexus a '99 GS300. Sold it at 177000 miles to a proud new owner. Now, we have another: a 2010 RX350. Bought it from the dealer two weeks ago. Great CPO Guarantee. We're in the middle of a 4000 mile trip and this car is something else! Smooth, quiet, powerful and all of that. A whole lot of car for the money!"

Like brand new

By on Sunday, May 03, 2015

Pros: "very comfortable to drive"

Cons: "No cons"

"See above"

Luxury & Function

By on Wednesday, March 10, 2010

"My 2009 RX350 AWD is a perfect blend of luxury and functionality. Power and smoothness compliment the RX350's ride. Styling is A+, the fit & finish is second to none. The NAV is a worthwhile option. The birdseye maple sets off the interior as a luxury compliment. The leather quality is first rate. Only one complaint, I am about 195 lbs and not a big person. The front seat side bolsters on the seat (not the seat back) are breaking down and losing their support and appearance. They need to upgrade the design/build quality of the seats. Get a new supplier. Maybe recaro?"

Great But needs some Twiking

By on Tuesday, February 23, 2010

"After 5k I think I love this vehicle the MPG could be better but after an Envoy I can live with it I am not sure of the value yet as i think the true value of a vehicle is after the warranty runs out I tend to keep them about 70-80k at about 4-5 years at that point I will know if it was worth the bucks for the Lexus brand I have to say that I cannot believe that all that money and not one lousy piece of body moulding not a strip to protect the doors The one thing that really bothers me no not bothers but hate I mean really hate is the center counsel storage what a waste you have to pull out this box to get to the assoc plug and the usb the box is so hard to remove when you are sitting it is set to far back when the lid is up you have to reach so far back to get into the box do not put anything in there you might need when you are driving Besides those two things I am happy with my Lexus My grandkids would rather sit in the back with the reclining back seats and I do love the shifter up a little high rather then a crumb collector"

GREAT CAR!!

By on Thursday, February 04, 2010

"First Lexus I have owned. What a great car. Quiet, smooth, and the fit and finish is top notch. It hauls just as much as my 4Runner did but in much more style and comfort. Would do it all over again."

Not a Chevy

By on Monday, December 28, 2009

"Switched to smaller vehicle after driving Chevrolets for 25 years only because wasnt finding size/mileage/handling in American cars. This veh has a great, smooth drive, lots of pick up. Drawbacks are the small uncomfortable seats, every person that has sat in the pass seat has complained about the lack of comfort. Lexus overated. Might hold value better than american cars but this model is not that special."

Noisy

By on Tuesday, December 15, 2009

"After owning five RXs, one being a hybrid, this is the first one with rattles that are difficult for the dealer to fix. Engine seems noisy as well. Many features (spare tire, door grab handles, etc.) seem cheaper than earlier models. My next vehicle will probably not be a Lexus."

2004 w/ 130,000 several recalls

By on Monday, July 16, 2012

Pros: "Reliability, ride, comfort"

Cons: "Noisy engine, some fit and finish, a/c vent rattle"

"Classic Lexus/Toyota quality. I take car of my cars. Had maintenance on a regular basis. Now things are beginning to fail. Went through tires quickly over the years. Engine has always had an annoying tapping that Lexus said was normal. Four years ago, the outside trim on the windows came off. Lexus wanted to replace window. Got trim online for much, much less. Rear lights leaked after five years. Pulled then, put a homemade gasket on that no one can see. A bit of a design flaw. Leather seats in front starting to crack. But, the most annoying issue was an air vent rattle at about 45 degrees. Raise the temperature with heat and it stops. However, compared to my Audi's this was an 8 year dream car! However, will likely buy another brand as the car has not really changed in 8 years and is expensive compared to others in the class."