• Small Luxury Sedan Buyer's Guide

2011 Lexus RX

Based on 141 Ratings for the 2009 - 2012 models.

Asian Luxury!

By on Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Pros: "Reasonably priced. Premium luxury and performance."

Cons: "More powerports please! Better cargo bay lighting"

"The negatives: Power ports please! Cargo lighting please. Hiding only two PowerPoint near the bottom of a deep Center console with a lid with an 75 degree fully open angle makes access insanely difficult for driver. Impossible to access ports while driving. Which may be the point the designers are making. Power port access is very awkward even while parked. There are not enough ports to hook up a Garmin, an Escort and phone at the same time. Now the goodies: Smooth quiet ride. A vast improvement over my $70k Escalade. Cat like cornering and handling stability instills driver confidence. Especially at highway speed. The moment you have been waiting for. This thing will climb trees to get to a snow storm. A real sweetheart to drive on treacherous winter roads. Bottom line: bargain priced luxury, quality and performance. In many respects an upgrade over my Escalade."

Excellant Vehicle !!Excellant ride on the Highway

By on Monday, March 16, 2015

Pros: "Reliable ,top quality.Excellant workmanship!"

Cons: "Hard ride in the city"

"The Four wheel drive has been wonderful this year in the Boston snow .A real work horse. I wish it were a little better ride in the city on the bumpy streets. This is my fourth new Lexus ,I will be moving on to a new GS AWD."

Sweet Ride

By on Sunday, March 01, 2015

Pros: "Roomy, luxurious ride with kick butt sound system"

Cons: "Soft paint clumsy controls poor rear seat env ctrl"

"When searching for this car, it had to fit 4 sets of golf clubs and 4 persons in it comfortably. It had to have good smooth pickup, luxurious ride, and superb sound system. It had to have passenger lumbar support control and air/heated seats. We drove every model with comfort in mind over sportiness. BMW, Cadillac, Mercedes, Subaru, Ford, Chevrolet, Honda all either to sluggish or crisp and uncomfortable. Like Goldilocks says, this one is just right. Cons: Paint scratches easily, interior controls not always intuitive and somewhat clumsy, needs mud flaps (way too much dirt splashes up on rear of car), not enough rear seat environmental control."

An outstanding vehicle. I have the F Sport.

By on Monday, February 09, 2015

Pros: "Outstanding luxury. Comfortable seats."

Cons: "Need bigger engine -- more power."

"The vehicle is faultless -- except it needs more power. It is generally ok but Lexus should add more power or a turbo. Merging onto an express can be a harrowing experience. The F sport is worth the extra money."

best SUV ever owned

By on Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Pros: "the best SUV the most reliable"

Cons: "get better tires next time, that are not as noisey"

"great dealership and service SUV handles great in snow plus very comfortable on long trips cargo space outstanding do not like dunlop tires, to nosie coming from them sound system very good. 61000 miles on Lexus Rx 350 and running outstanding heated and cooled seats outstanding steering outstanding as well as braking"

My second ex 350. I love this car

By on Wednesday, November 05, 2014

Pros: "Price is right , rides smooth"

Cons: "Charging port, blind spot"

"Had a 2007 and bought 2010 in dec 2010! Love the keyless entry and ignition, ride is so smooth. Never had any service issues except routine maintanence. Only dislike is they moved the USB ports for phone charging, put them in the console. Very difficult to get to, esp for someone else riding with me if they can't use my iPhone charger. No backseat port either for riders. But this car is a keeper and would suggest to anyone."

Intense dislike!

By on Saturday, November 01, 2014

"Where do I start? Very uncomfortable driver's seat, noisy fan and air leak whistle, confusing navigation, radio and media pkg., turning circle is too wide, center console is too small and deep, not enough storage compartments, trying to right the rear seat after folding down almost gives you a hernia it's so heavy, etc, etc. Don't be seduced by a pretty "face"!"

GREAT Attractive Reliable Mid-Size SUV

By on Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Pros: "Great fuel milage, lots of space, fun"

"This is my second RX 450h 5-DR SUV. It's been terrific and I love the star fire pearl (white) exterior with the tan interior. Clean, sporty and easy to maintain! Excellent milage and I rarely have to go to fill up anymore."

Best luxury SUV on the market.

By on Sunday, October 26, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive everyday"

Cons: "needs sunglass holder"

"This luxury SUV with 4AWG handles like a sports car. It has rapid acceleration and we have driven it 9 hrs. in a day without feeiing worn out at the end of the day. I test drove all the other luxury SUV's and each had their advantage but they were not a Lexus. Everyone driving with me is amazed at the comfort, speed, and attention to detail. If you are looking for a sportier ride that gives up comfort for a greater feel of the road then this is not the car for you. If you want a car that gives you excellent control and handling in a ver comfortable ride then this is the one for you. I wish there was a place for sunglasses like the older models."

I don't like this vehicle very uncomfortable

By on Monday, October 13, 2014

"Worst crossover I ever owned, I took a 24 month lease and I regret it. very uncomfortable, backup camera is very confusing lacks back up lines, the button for garage door opener works half the times, the car shacks on stop lights and when starting the vehicle the car wine for a second. I am starting to have back issues because of the uncomfortable seats."