"I own a standard 2013 RX 350 and it developed a loud whine whenever the steering wheel was turned. Brought it to Lexus service, was told there was nothing they would do, that this was the result of the new electronic power steering, and that Lexus considers it a normal noise. Filed a complaint with Lexus Customer satisfaction, and was told the same thing. Wrote a letter to the head of Lexus in the U.S. Jeff Bracken - a representative from his office called me and in a patronizing manner said we acknowledge your letter, but sorry, we have no fix at this time, and consider it a normal noise. So, I will be selling this xxxx and buying the Audi Q5 which I should have done to begin with!
I have owned two other Lexus vehicles, but of course they did not have this new electronic power steering. So buyer beware!"
Pros: "Comfortable ride. Levinson sound system OK."
Cons: "GUI is terrible. Interior materials are poor."
Likely to recommend this car? (1-10): 1
"This is the 5th RX I've owned and the 2015 model is a step backward. Problem areas:
1. Remote touch controller and overall user interface is a big step backward. The device is too sensitive to the touch. Trying to play music from your iPod is torture. Backup camera lacks guide lines on the screen. To many steps and too slow to do most functions. Graphics on the home screen are difficult to understand.
2. RES+ - New remote start (and other features) smartphone app just flat doesn't work.
3. No more full-size spare tire.
4. Ordered this car to get exactly the features wanted, and it took 3 1/2 months to arrive. That's just not acceptable in the 21st century.
5. Engine hasn't been updated in 8 years and the vehicle is now underpowered versus its competitors.
6. Levinson sound system is good - but not great like prior models."
"I bought a 2010 RX 450h and it has given me nothing but problems. The check engine light came on after 2000 miles only a month of driving. After it was "fixed" it left me stranded in a busy intersection. This car is cheaply made and is nothing like the 2002 GS that I traded in. Apparently quality is a thing of the past for Lexus. I will never buy another one."