• 2014 Small Luxury Sedan Buyer's Guide

2010 Lexus RX

Based on 127 Ratings for the 2009 - 2012 models.

A Big Disappointment!

By on Friday, February 07, 2014

Pros: "Quiet interior, Good sounding 12 speaker stereo,"

Cons: "Poor quality interior design & materials,"

"I bought this 2014 based upon the excellent reliability ratings for the Lexus RX350 and my good experience with my 2008 RX350. The main reason this review scores so low is that I am comparing it to the 2008 that I traded in on this 2014 model. My 2008 had a MSRP of $42,450, the 2014 MSRP was $47,030. I liked the 2008 a whole lot better than this 2014 mainly because Lexus designers have cheapened the interior materials and design on the 2014 most likely to lighten the vehicle so as to achieve slightly better gas mileage. The 2008 was all wheel drive, the 2014 is only front wheel drive, yet the gas mileage is almost identical at 21.5 mpg combined. The best features of the 2014 are 1) Quieter interior noise level. 2) Better sounding 12 speaker sound system. 3) Better cornering capability. 4) Blind Spot Monitoring System. The disappointments are numerous, including 1) Poor back-up camera. 2) Lack of an air conditioning button on the dashboard. You never know if the a/c compressor is on or off unless you toggle through multiple window screens to see if it is operating. 3) Poor interior storage space. The center console is so dark and deep that it is difficult to find anything in it. The door storage bins have all been reduced in size from the 2008 model. 4) Space Saver spare tire takes up almost all of the interior storage space under the rear cargo load floor. You can not even fit a trailer hitch in the remaining small storage space under the cargo mat.(The 2008 had a full size spare located outside under the back of the vehicle). 5) The carpeting and mats are embarrassingly thin. They belong in an economy car, not a luxury vehicle. 6) The leather feels thin on the seats. 7) Stiffer ride compared to the 2008. I could go on, but you get the idea. I expect a newer vehicle to improve from previous designs, not go backwards. I regret buying this vehicle. It will be my last Lexus."

Great value luxury SUV

By on Friday, February 07, 2014

"Very comfortable, elegant, roomy well-designed interior for this 6'2" driver. Can readily handle 4-5 adults. Car still looks great inside and out after 72k miles and 4 1/2 years. Handles well. Hybrid gas mileage on this pretty heavy vehicle is pretty respectable (about 25 mpg combined for me which includes a fair amount of driving up and down a mountain). I've owned Lexus vehicles for 20 years and this is the first one that I had any mechanical problem, namely the fuel injection pump failed at 47k miles. Luckily, the vehicle was under warranty (barely) and the Lexus towing/car rental/repair experience was all excellent (happened on Friday evening and there was a 24-hour Lexus service location that we were able to go to). I was of course disappointed that this happened in the first place. This was around the time that Toyota was getting some bad publicity for more quality problems than usual due to growth/outsourcing of parts and it did make me wonder if they were compromising quality: time will tell. My only other complaint is the NAV system, which you're forced to buy if you want the back-up camera, is overpriced (NAV dvd updates are also a rip-off) and not well-designed. All in all I'd highly recommend the vehicle to anyone looking for an SUV in this price range."

very Good automobile

By on Thursday, January 30, 2014

"Extremely Satisfied"

Amazing Ride

By on Thursday, January 30, 2014

Pros: "Everything"

Cons: "Nothing"

"I own the RX350 for a year. I love the car. very smooth ride. high quality material. I enjoy the ride as well as my family. I have been shopping around, I have test drove the Highlandar, Murano and other Suvs. the RX350 by far better ride and quality."

Like very much, would like better city mpg.

By on Sunday, January 26, 2014

Pros: "Just a great car!"

"Will buy another RX in future."

An automotive repair specialist who knows quality

By on Tuesday, January 14, 2014

"I have been in auto repair for over 30 years, and own one of the best shops in the northwest, specializing in transmission repair, I know cars. We are on our 3rd Lexus, and like the preceding 2 cars, our RX350 has never been a problem. We love Lexus, cars, suvs, whatever Toyota puts the Lexus badge on will deliver a quality experience for the lifetime of ownership. While buying a new Lexus can stretch a budget, the lack of repairs will more than make up the difference."

Drives like a Dream

By on Sunday, December 29, 2013

Pros: "nice care demands attention"

Cons: "Drinks gas"

"This was the best truck I have ever owned. my only complaint would be the gas consumption you will get 18-20 mpg. if you do a lot of running around this may not be the car for you. the rx 450 may be a better choice. my Rx was the base model I have since totaled out this SUV and upgraded to a fully loaded ES300h 2014. if you get the rx make sure you have Nav"

Not what I expected

By on Monday, December 09, 2013

"This SUV rides like a truck It is not what I expected from Lexus. I feel every bump in the road. My test ride was down nice smooth roads, I never knew it could be that bad in real roads we travel everyday. If it was not for the ride, it would be a great SUV."

I Really Dislike This Car

By on Saturday, November 23, 2013

Pros: "Comfortable seats, takes regular gasoline"

Cons: "See above"

"I owned a 2008 Lexus RX 350 which I absolutely loved. It was fun and easy to drive responding quickly and holding the road even at high speeds. It turned on a dime and was more sporty than I would have imagined. The car never had a mechanical problem. The inside appointments were top notch. Unfortunately, my beloved car was totaled in a storm. I did not think twice about purchasing another RX 350. I have to say the 2013 that I purchased is entirely different. It has a super stiff suspension and is like driving a truck. It is no longer "light on its feet" and I feel like I have to fight it to get it where I want it to go. The turning radius is huge making it difficult to turn around easily. The car lumbers around corners. Additionally, the interior appointments are much cheaper than in my 2008. I no longer enjoy driving and can't wait until I can get rid of it. In contrast, I drove a 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee for a year while consulting out of state. Loved the car, which I would have thought would have handled like a truck but didn't. Sorry I didn't buy a Jeep instead."

Truly! Best vehicle ever owned!

By on Sunday, October 20, 2013

Pros: "Handles like a luxury sports car yet functional."

Cons: "I got nothin...."

"I've owned Jeep,BMW,4Runner,Pontiac Solstice and even a Hummer! I've test driven Audi,Camaro and Mercedes. But when I went to DCH Lexus in Oxnard - not only were we treated so well but the first time I sat in the Lexus...well, it just felt right. The car handles beautifully, suits all my needs, looks and feels so nice! DCH Lexus in Oxnard also made it the easiest (pain free if that's possible) car purchase ever. I love my Lexus!"