• Small Luxury Sedan Buyer's Guide

2010 Lexus RX

Based on 142 Ratings for the 2009 - 2012 models.

Quality a thing of the past

By on Friday, December 31, 2010

"I bought a 2010 RX 450h and it has given me nothing but problems. The check engine light came on after 2000 miles only a month of driving. After it was "fixed" it left me stranded in a busy intersection. This car is cheaply made and is nothing like the 2002 GS that I traded in. Apparently quality is a thing of the past for Lexus. I will never buy another one."

Looks Nice But Better Value Elsewhere

By on Monday, November 29, 2010

"I had full intentions of buying an RX 350. I looked at this vehicle for the last few years and wanted a vehicle that was more nimble than my Acura MDX. I tested this wehicle twice with extended drives and I had many issues with its performance. The vehicle did not ride as well as I had envisioned. The engine is slightly noisy and the road noise was noticeable, The rear view is very poor and the back-up camera is ok but nothing close to the Acura MDX. The GPS was a big disappointment since the driver nor the passenger can look and program waypoints along the way while the car is moving. Looking for hotels and restaurants or other points of interest is not possible when the car is moving. You need another device like a Smartphone to look up the points of interest and then send the routes to the car GPS system. What a farce. After a critical evaluation I went back to my Acura Dealer and determined that a new MDX was the better car by far. The drive system on the MDX is incredible. It can transfer up to 100% power to any wheel depending on road conditions. The RX 350 can transfer only 50% to a rear wheel. The rear view in the MDX is very good and the rear camera exceptional. Backing up is fun and easy. The engine changes and transmission changes since 2010 model is substantial. The new 6 speed transmission is smooth and powerful. The GPS is second to none. The car is very nimble now with electric power assist steering that feels like your driving a car. If your thinking about an RX model you must look at the Acura MDX."

one of the best small rv made today!

By on Monday, November 08, 2010

"I like the nav;easy to use. A good idea to put the spare outside, and with a cover to boothOnly draw back; there should have already have the push start like Toyota for the same year? Oh!! Need running board for the handicap & elderly folks;over all its fun to drive doe it could use about 20+-horse's!!!"

By on Wednesday, November 03, 2010

"Very Comfy ride, Great dealer service"

Engine noise, road noise, wind noise..

By on Thursday, October 28, 2010

"We test drove 2011 lexus rx 350 and we were very disappointed with its on road performance. We were able to hear loud engine noise, hard to ignore wind noise on highways. We were able to feel every bump and hole on the road while driving in the city. The engine noise is very annoying right from the time my husband turned on the car. The interiors were very classy with lots of features but once you start your ride in this car, you won't feel as if you are driving in a luxury vehicle. You'll as if you are on a greyhound bus with comfortable seats. I don't think its worth investing almost $50 K in this vehicle. We test drove 2011 Audi Q5 also, and the on performance was so superb. No engine noise, no bumpy ride and road noise & wind noise were very well muted. The interiors of Q5 were not as appealing as that of RX 350 though.I'm glad we did not buy lexus rx 350"