• Small Luxury Sedan Buyer's Guide

2010 Lexus RX

Based on 141 Ratings for the 2009 - 2012 models.

Looks Nice But Better Value Elsewhere

By on Monday, November 29, 2010

"I had full intentions of buying an RX 350. I looked at this vehicle for the last few years and wanted a vehicle that was more nimble than my Acura MDX. I tested this wehicle twice with extended drives and I had many issues with its performance. The vehicle did not ride as well as I had envisioned. The engine is slightly noisy and the road noise was noticeable, The rear view is very poor and the back-up camera is ok but nothing close to the Acura MDX. The GPS was a big disappointment since the driver nor the passenger can look and program waypoints along the way while the car is moving. Looking for hotels and restaurants or other points of interest is not possible when the car is moving. You need another device like a Smartphone to look up the points of interest and then send the routes to the car GPS system. What a farce. After a critical evaluation I went back to my Acura Dealer and determined that a new MDX was the better car by far. The drive system on the MDX is incredible. It can transfer up to 100% power to any wheel depending on road conditions. The RX 350 can transfer only 50% to a rear wheel. The rear view in the MDX is very good and the rear camera exceptional. Backing up is fun and easy. The engine changes and transmission changes since 2010 model is substantial. The new 6 speed transmission is smooth and powerful. The GPS is second to none. The car is very nimble now with electric power assist steering that feels like your driving a car. If your thinking about an RX model you must look at the Acura MDX."

one of the best small rv made today!

By on Monday, November 08, 2010

"I like the nav;easy to use. A good idea to put the spare outside, and with a cover to boothOnly draw back; there should have already have the push start like Toyota for the same year? Oh!! Need running board for the handicap & elderly folks;over all its fun to drive doe it could use about 20+-horse's!!!"

By on Wednesday, November 03, 2010

"Very Comfy ride, Great dealer service"

Engine noise, road noise, wind noise..

By on Thursday, October 28, 2010

"We test drove 2011 lexus rx 350 and we were very disappointed with its on road performance. We were able to hear loud engine noise, hard to ignore wind noise on highways. We were able to feel every bump and hole on the road while driving in the city. The engine noise is very annoying right from the time my husband turned on the car. The interiors were very classy with lots of features but once you start your ride in this car, you won't feel as if you are driving in a luxury vehicle. You'll as if you are on a greyhound bus with comfortable seats. I don't think its worth investing almost $50 K in this vehicle. We test drove 2011 Audi Q5 also, and the on performance was so superb. No engine noise, no bumpy ride and road noise & wind noise were very well muted. The interiors of Q5 were not as appealing as that of RX 350 though.I'm glad we did not buy lexus rx 350"

Should've Kept my 2007

By on Thursday, August 05, 2010

"I have had this car for about 6 months now. I traded my 2007 RX350 and started regretting the trade so0n after. The 07 had a better ride, less rode and wind noise and rear cargo area rattle, more comfortable seats and just overall better. The 2010 vehicle has more hi tech features where the designers should have paid more attention to comfort and overall luxury feel of the vehicle. To even consider another RX 350 the dealer will have to let me keep the vehicle for a week. If there was any way I could give this vehicle back without a loss I would. I've already told my husband in four years when I am looking for my next vehicle Lexus will not be my first choice. I will look at other make's and model's."

RX450h 2010

By on Wednesday, August 04, 2010

"Great vehicle. Comfortable. Plenty of room. Tows my jetski with no problems. great gas mileage."

Not as good as before

By on Sunday, August 01, 2010

"I have a 2001 RX and love it. I bought a new 2010 and am surprised in the quality difference! the new RX is made very cheap compared to the older ones!"

Outstanding luxury SUV

By on Wednesday, July 14, 2010

"Replaced a 2005 RX330 with the 2010 RX450h & have not been disappointed with any aspect of this vehicle. A recent trip from Texas to Ohio and back yielded an average of 30.9 mpg alternating between mid-grade & premium fuel. The overall quality, quiet ride and luxury appointments are impressive & the NAV system is much improved and practically fool proof. Outstanding vehicle & great value."

Drive for awhile before buying.

By on Thursday, June 10, 2010

"If I had driven this car for more than a quick test drive I would not have bought this car!!! Gas milage about 19-20 back and forth to work. 23-23.5 on the open road. To look at the clock you have to move your hand off the wheel. Only the driver can read the outside temperature read out. Temp read out should be on the mirror. Door panels are too high. I can't reach out the window easily. This is even with the seat as high as possible. The bottom seat is not long enough to properly support your thighs on a long drive. I get tired driving this car after being in it for less than 2 hours. Also hit my head on the car roof when I get into the car. Biggest problem is the reflection of the dashboard on the windshield. It's like driving in a fog when the sun is out. I test drove this car two times. but both times it was cloudy. I think the reflection comes from the slant of the windshield. I have tried to sell this car and can't without losing a lot of money. Be very careful before buying this model. It is great in snow and the nav system is fantastic."

First Lexus

By on Tuesday, May 25, 2010

"This is my first Lexus and I have to say I am impressed. The ride is smooth and it is quiet. It has more gadgets than I know what to do with. I actually enjoy driving again. The nav system is so easy to use. Fit and finish and the quality of the interior is superior to other vehicles. The Dealership experience for me was excellent, they are light years ahead of others. I am now a loyal Lexus buyer."