• Small Luxury Sedan Buyer's Guide

2010 Lexus RX

Based on 144 Ratings for the 2009 - 2012 models.

An automotive repair specialist who knows quality

By on Tuesday, January 14, 2014

"I have been in auto repair for over 30 years, and own one of the best shops in the northwest, specializing in transmission repair, I know cars. We are on our 3rd Lexus, and like the preceding 2 cars, our RX350 has never been a problem. We love Lexus, cars, suvs, whatever Toyota puts the Lexus badge on will deliver a quality experience for the lifetime of ownership. While buying a new Lexus can stretch a budget, the lack of repairs will more than make up the difference."

Feel Special

By on Monday, January 09, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive, handles well, looks great"

Cons: "Center console set up, grrrrr and premium gas."

"This is my 2nd RX and I love it. Handles great on snow and rides smoothly. Love the fact it has enough power to zoom me into traffic when needed. Two things I'd change. No more premium gas, and whoever designed a center console that you have to lift out to plug in a GPS or a phone charger should BE SHOT. That one thing annoys me to no end."

Love my Lexus

By on Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Pros: "Easy to drive, comfort, controls"

Cons: "Pedals dont move,accessory plugs, premium gas"

"This is absolutely the most comfortable vehicle I have ever owned! For it's size it gets decent gas mileage but has to have premium :(. The only downsides are the ipod hook ups and charger plug ins are located in an awkward place and for short drivers it would be great if the pedals moved. I love the heated and cooled seats, the power liftgate, keyless entry and ignition and the way the doors cover the bottom of the car so I don't get my pants dirty when exiting or entering the car."

Great value luxury SUV

By on Friday, February 07, 2014

"Very comfortable, elegant, roomy well-designed interior for this 6'2" driver. Can readily handle 4-5 adults. Car still looks great inside and out after 72k miles and 4 1/2 years. Handles well. Hybrid gas mileage on this pretty heavy vehicle is pretty respectable (about 25 mpg combined for me which includes a fair amount of driving up and down a mountain). I've owned Lexus vehicles for 20 years and this is the first one that I had any mechanical problem, namely the fuel injection pump failed at 47k miles. Luckily, the vehicle was under warranty (barely) and the Lexus towing/car rental/repair experience was all excellent (happened on Friday evening and there was a 24-hour Lexus service location that we were able to go to). I was of course disappointed that this happened in the first place. This was around the time that Toyota was getting some bad publicity for more quality problems than usual due to growth/outsourcing of parts and it did make me wonder if they were compromising quality: time will tell. My only other complaint is the NAV system, which you're forced to buy if you want the back-up camera, is overpriced (NAV dvd updates are also a rip-off) and not well-designed. All in all I'd highly recommend the vehicle to anyone looking for an SUV in this price range."

This car Is SO GREAT, Expensive But Worth It

By on Monday, December 26, 2011

Pros: "Luxury car-ride in small SUV"

Cons: "Beware of the fragile pop-out cup holder"

"On my third one now, and still love this thing. Great on icy mountain roads, comfortable on bumpy streets and long highway miles. Folks at the dealerships make you feel like you are Royalty. They still give free loaner if your car is in shop, free goodies and drinks if you wait. And nothing on the road can keep you in this kind of comfort. They got everything right. LOVE-LOVE-LOVE my car"

The only thing I would change is to get better gas

By on Monday, March 03, 2014

"The only thing I would change is to get better gas mileage. I average 20 on the road and about 17/18 in city. I have a heavy foot but the best gas mileage on the road was about 23.3 mpg. Long trips it gets about 21.5 mpg."

Great car

By on Saturday, March 24, 2012

Pros: "Easy to drive"

Cons: "Seat a little higher please"

"Most comfortable and easy to drive car. Great mileage on the long trips. Will definitely buy another."

great car

By on Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Pros: "good driving car, corners well, gd aceleration"

Cons: "no third seat"

"This car is a good combination between luxury and utility. Friends remark how smooth it is. The car is rated at 28/30 on gas milage but varies greatly from that. I've gotton as high as 38.5 mpg on a 400 mile trip in the fall and as low as 24 in mid winter with harsh conditions. To achieve the rated milage and above you must drive it using a hybrid driving style. The overall average mpg last year went as high as 31.1 and as low as 29 but we're not quite out of winter yet (Feb 21) and I suspect it might go a couple of tenths lower before it starts upward again. But we have had a mild winter. I can't think of anything I really dislike about the car."

Drives like a Dream

By on Sunday, December 29, 2013

Pros: "nice care demands attention"

Cons: "Drinks gas"

"This was the best truck I have ever owned. my only complaint would be the gas consumption you will get 18-20 mpg. if you do a lot of running around this may not be the car for you. the rx 450 may be a better choice. my Rx was the base model I have since totaled out this SUV and upgraded to a fully loaded ES300h 2014. if you get the rx make sure you have Nav"

GREAT DRIVER

By on Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Pros: "PEPPY DRIVER"

Cons: "FRONT SEATS ARE NOT COMFORTABLE FOR A LONG DRIVE"

"PEPPY LITTLE CAR..ROOM IN BACK TO HAUL LOTS OF STUFF. THIS IS MY FIRST LEXUS AND I DO LOVE THE DRIVING CAPABILITY OF THIS CAR BUT IT IS NOT VERY COMFORTABLE. THE SEATS ARE NOT VERY COMFORTABLE ESP THE FRONT PASSENGER SEAT. THE BACK SEATS ARE MORE COMFORTABLE THAN THE FRONT PASSENGER SEAT. I HAVE THE LEATHER,ELECTRIC SEATS WHICH SHOULD BE REALLY ADJUSTABLE FOR COMFORT BUT THEY ARE NOT. SOMEONE I KNOW WHO HAS HAD MORE THAN ONE LEXUS HAD THE SEATS SWITCHED OUT BECAUSE THEY WERE NOT COMFORTABLE. THE INFORMATION PANEL WITH CD'S, WIPERS, ETC IS A LITTLE CONFUSING IF YOUVE ONLY OWNED AN AMERICAN CAR. OTHER THAN THAT ITS A GREAT LITTLE CAR. 20MPG IN TOWN"