• 2014 Small Luxury Sedan Buyer's Guide

2009 Lexus RX

Based on 503 Ratings for the 2004 - 2008 models.

in the shop many times in year 3-4

By on Thursday, May 29, 2014

Pros: "economical to drive"

Cons: "lots of mechanical problems"

"lots of mechanical problems years 3-4 my first year owning it and it came to me with a clean bill of health and had been dealer maintained"

Very best ever owned-EVER!

By on Saturday, May 10, 2014

Pros: "Great Fun Car to travel in-Outstanding Gas Mileage"

Cons: "Absolutely-NONE!!!!!!!"

"The best Vehicle I have ever owned. I have owned 5. Far exceeds epa's est. fuel mileage from day one and continues. 21.2-22 city mpg- 27.8-29 Hwy. Mileage. Best handling vehicle ever owned and or driven. Car is showroom new inside out. Whoever gets this vehicle is getting a new vehicle at a used price to LOVE and ENJOY for years to come and has OUTSTANDINGly Very Very LOW Mileage on it. Always Garaged and Adult driven. 100% Dependability and Reliability vehicle since new. Just put in First New Battery with 7 years warranty and 3 yr. over the counter exchange warranty on it. I am trading at my dealer for a 2015 Rx again. Will be my 6th RX Vehicle. Doug"

We owned a 300 ES prior

By on Thursday, May 08, 2014

Pros: "Comfort seating, lots of high tech toys"

"We loved the 300ES for over ten years, Lexus is a very reliable car. So it was a no brainier that we purchased our Lexus RX 330. We found a 10 year old, 2005 Lexus RX 330, Thundercloud edition. We drive everywhere and this SUV will make our long trips very relaxing and enjoyable. My wife used to drive a Jeep Wrangler and wanted something that sat her up high. She loves her RX. This SUV has everything and the local Lexus dealer is very helpful, explaining all the high tech toys. Our next trip is going across country to South Carolina to see our new grandson. If you want to drive and ride in comfort and reliability, choose a Lexus RX, new or used."

This car is a GEM.

By on Thursday, May 01, 2014

Pros: "Easy to drive"

2005 Lexus 330, Navigation, Power everything, Tow package. Carmax available. Well taken care of, all service record available. Sun/Moon roof.

"RX 330 is an entry-level luxury cross-over SUV with four-doors and five-passenger seating capacity. Has Navigation System, power Sun roof, power and Leather seats. this car is in fantastic condition!"

Buying Another

By on Wednesday, April 30, 2014

"My wife and I bought our 2004 RX330 at 85000 miles. Simply put, we love it. People are shocked when I tell them that the vehicle is 10 years old. It drives smoothly and feels safe on the road. I love that this is one of the few luxury SUV s that does not take premium gas. That obviously saves quite a bit on the fuel costs. If I HAD to find something wrong with it, I would say that the trunk space is poorly designed. Additionally, the vehicle also needs a back-up camera, as it truly is difficult to see vehicles behind you as you parallel park or back up in general. That is an easy fix and we plan on installing a back-up cam ourselves. We love this vehicle so much that my wife wants one for herself and has tasked me to find her one ASAP."

Unreliable - Computer problems

By on Tuesday, April 08, 2014

Cons: "Very unreliable"

"Purchased this 2004 RX 330 and loved it until the battery started going dead soon after I got it. Went through 6 batteries with one auto store. Was referred to another and purchased a name brand battery. 1 yr later went back with what was thought to be a bad battery and he replaced it. Next time I went in with battery trouble he referred me to Lexus dealership. Took it there and explained trouble I was having. They checked battery and said it was ok. I ask them what was causing it to go dead at random times. Said he didn't know and gave me 800 # to call. Told me to bring it back once a month and have Lexus check it. It only does it randomly. I only live 100 miles away so this was not an option as I explained to them. I also know of another person with same car and is having same problem. Mechanics say something in the computerized system is pulling battery down on this make car. If you google this car, many others have had same problem. They can get no help from Lexus dealerships either. Stated they just keep jumper cables in their car. For the price of this car I certainly would expect issues like this to be looked into. The dealership should stand behind it until they find a solution."

Best I've Ever Owned!

By on Wednesday, April 02, 2014

Pros: "Great ride, great features, terrific visibility"

Cons: "Mileage not as advertised for this hybrid"

"I love to drive, and had always had sports car before acquiring a very large dog that forced me into an SUV. As a height-challenged female (5'0"), I needed a car that "fit" me, and I opted for luxurious features as well. This car is comfortable, reliable, rides well, is quiet, and I love the heated seat and lumbar support. My visibility is fantastic, and the rear camera is now a "must have." It's easy for me to enter/exit. The mileage isn't as great as promised for this hybrid (I get between 21 and 23 mpg). I'm now spoiled by all the power features and voice commands. The engineering on this car is superb, and I'll likely be driving it for many years to come!"

2008 Lexus Rx 350 very Low miles 46000 Nav Loaded

By on Monday, March 31, 2014

Pros: "Very Low Miles 46000"

"2008 Lexus Rx 350 Extremely Low Miles 44600, Champagne in Color, changes in sunlight, Premium Package, Leather Seats, Navigation, and Very clean. Six Disc CD, XM Radio, AM FM, Hands Free Blue Tooth Cell phone, Premium wheels, every option available."

This has been a perfect car.

By on Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Pros: "Low mileage, well cared for and lives in a garage."

Cons: "No negatives about this car."

"This is a Thunder Cloud Edition. There were only 6,500 made so it is somewhat rare. It is Thunder Cloud grey metallic. Michelin Energy tires 5,000 miles ago. Air conditioning repair one time. It has been well maintained and has lived in a garage it's whole life."

Excellent suv, never have had a days trouble .

By on Sunday, March 16, 2014

Pros: "I can not say enough good things about my lexus."

Cons: "basically, I have no issues."

"I purchased this car when my husband became confined to a wheel chair and I needed an easy way to load and unload the chair by myself. I had previously owned 2 lexus automobiles, both sedans and loved them too. I would highly recommend it to anyone that has the need for a mid size suv that offers all the bells and whistles."

very good car

By on Friday, March 14, 2014

Pros: "very good little car"

"Never had any problems at all with this car.Only money spent on ths car was maint. up-keep"

I test drove this car

By on Friday, March 14, 2014

I don't own this car

Pros: "sturdy, lots of features"

Cons: "positive shift"

"I test drove this car with 142k miles. I can't wait to buy it. It would replace a 2006 Kia Sportage. (I dont hate that truck but hey, this is a Lexus Jack). The car felt very sturdy. There were a couple of kinks in it but I think those are wear and tear items so I am not too worried. The only thing I didn't care for was that it seemed like it had positive shift. I have owned Accords before (they are famous for this) and I am very familiar with positive shift. That would not stop me from buying the car, I just wanted to mention it. My 12 year old daughter was easily and quickly able to figure out the radio and A/c controls as well as the power seat on the passenger side. I have her approval to buy this car. Lol."

The car has performed well and is reliable

By on Wednesday, March 12, 2014

"The car has met expectations but I am very disappointed with the quality/ in particular the dashboard developed cracks. I researched this problem and found may other users had the same problem and it was not limited to my geographic location. The car is always parked in my garage when not is use so I do not believe that it caused by direct sunlight."

The best

By on Monday, March 10, 2014

Pros: "Excellent quality."

Cons: "Some service is a bit pricey."

"This car is truly special. The hybrid drive is super quiet with great acceleration. It has been serviced by Lexus at every interval. We bought the same model again."

Best vehicle ever vs several decades of Mercedes.

By on Monday, March 10, 2014

Pros: "After 94,000 driving is fun and you feel secure."

Cons: "Absolutely none"

"After owning five Mercedes sedans including diesel models I became discouraged at the maintenance costs and reliability especially of the more recent diesel models. I purchased a Lexus for the first time and it was like walking from the dark out into the daylight. The RX 330 I bought has had reasonable maintenance costs and has been rock solid in all components of reliability. I view Mercedes vehicles as more stylish and elegant, but Lexus is far more value for the money."

awsome car

By on Sunday, March 09, 2014

Pros: "great car"

"lexus build great car, own a 2004, keep up with service and it will keep running. looking for rx450h newer model now. this rx 2004 still run strong. start to show some aging on the car, dash have hair line crack."

$17,000

By on Saturday, March 08, 2014

"excellent condition, 1 owner"

I love my RX350!

By on Wednesday, March 05, 2014

Pros: "comfortable safe secure enjoyable"

"Safe, smooth, and very comfortable. I've used this vehicle as my mobile office since 2006 and logged a lot of windshield time. I also own a new IS 250c but no matter how fun my convertible is to drive, I prefer the 2004 RX 350. It sits high enough off the road so that I can see and provides an extremely smooth ride. I especially love the driver's left side cup holder. It's one of my favorite features….. Great SUV."

Poor off road, towing capability mpg 12-23winter

By on Thursday, February 06, 2014

Pros: "Highway comfort, style, luxury interior."

Cons: "Poor cornering and off road capability."

"Excellent in many ways and great on long highway trips, comfort, convenience, features. Negative aspects(Prior SUVs were 2 Cherokees, 1 Gran Cherokee, other car is a 04 Porsche Boxter): *Sloppy on corners (am I used to the Porsche?) *Poor traction off road deep snow, wet grass, mud. *MPG - 12/16 in Winter 23/27 Summer, disappointing. *Prem ethanol free - 5 mpg better. *High tailgate makes backup camera necessary equipment."

Great car---no issues

By on Thursday, January 30, 2014

"A very competent and trouble free vehicle."

Not one problem

By on Thursday, January 30, 2014

Pros: "never a mechanical problem, ultra reliable car"

Cons: "poor rear vision"

"95,000 miles, regular recommended service. All I've needed are "nothing." Not one problem with this car mechanically. Rear visibility is poor. Good driving position. Excellent car."

nice car

By on Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive"

Cons: "noisy when windows open"

"nice car no problems"

great car!

By on Friday, January 10, 2014

Pros: "great for costco runs! great for roadtrips!"

Cons: "can't think of one"

"I bought mine in 2007 from the dealer with 44k. I do a lot of driving for work so I spend a good part of my work day in it. Very comfortable. The driver's seat could be a little more supportive for long legged folks. Its the right size SUV for me. Not too small or too large. The V6 is very smooth and quiet. The suspension is just the right balance between firm and soft. The car has a very substantial feeling to it.It feels very safe and secure. The ride height is great, it keeps other cars from blinding you with their headlights. The windows are large which I like. Great center console. It has plenty of room for all my stuff. On long trips it can't be beat. I haven't had to make too many repairs, just routine maintenance. The front brake rotors had to be resurfaced and I replaced the driver side window controller. The check engine light is on due to the catalytic converter that needs to be replaced but it doesn't effect driveability. That's it. I get about 22 mpg mixed as long as I take it easy on the gas pedal. Lexus sent me a letter saying they will replace the headlight lenses in the future if needed for free which is good because mine got cloudy about 150k miles ago. To me its been an economy car because its lasted so long with no problems or annoyances. It should easily go another 100k miles."

First Hybrid year a winner

By on Wednesday, January 08, 2014

Pros: "good gas mileage, great size, comfortable"

Cons: "Service cost"

"Excellent car, after owning a non hybrid 300 series. Easy to park, to drive, comfortable, sound interiors, a little noisy, but problem free. Only problem is that the Lexus service is prohibitive after the warranty is up. It means turning in a great car for a new model or paying 8-10000 per year for service."

Rx 330

By on Friday, December 20, 2013

I don't own this car

"quick and easy value estimate"