• Small Luxury Sedan Buyer's Guide

2009 Lexus RX

Based on 525 Ratings for the 2004 - 2008 models.

great car!

By on Friday, January 10, 2014

Pros: "great for costco runs! great for roadtrips!"

Cons: "can't think of one"

"I bought mine in 2007 from the dealer with 44k. I do a lot of driving for work so I spend a good part of my work day in it. Very comfortable. The driver's seat could be a little more supportive for long legged folks. Its the right size SUV for me. Not too small or too large. The V6 is very smooth and quiet. The suspension is just the right balance between firm and soft. The car has a very substantial feeling to it.It feels very safe and secure. The ride height is great, it keeps other cars from blinding you with their headlights. The windows are large which I like. Great center console. It has plenty of room for all my stuff. On long trips it can't be beat. I haven't had to make too many repairs, just routine maintenance. The front brake rotors had to be resurfaced and I replaced the driver side window controller. The check engine light is on due to the catalytic converter that needs to be replaced but it doesn't effect driveability. That's it. I get about 22 mpg mixed as long as I take it easy on the gas pedal. Lexus sent me a letter saying they will replace the headlight lenses in the future if needed for free which is good because mine got cloudy about 150k miles ago. To me its been an economy car because its lasted so long with no problems or annoyances. It should easily go another 100k miles."

Past 311,000 and still going strong.

By on Tuesday, April 09, 2013

Pros: "reliable, practical"

Cons: "not a race car"

"We have rolled over 311,000 miles and it just continues to work. We have had very few problems with it and have spent very little money on it aside from maintenance. The seats are less comfortable that they used to be and we hear more road noise, but we can live with that at this point."

best vehicle ever! I couldn't ask for more.

By on Tuesday, April 03, 2012

Pros: "Great to drive, safe, great visibillity, reliable,"

"Cant' imagine a better car. Love the drive, comfort, luxury, safety, back seats, just everything. A real pleasure. I think I could drive it for 30 years."

good car but not for me

By on Friday, December 07, 2007

"It's good car but not for me. Seat is not comfortable at all (6ft tall) too small seat and gave me backpain even had lumber support. Useless armrest. Not good air filter for cabin. Dealership experience was super. I would only recomend this car for the driver who would enjoy smoth driving, superior customer service, clean dealership and smaller height person."

Best vehicle all the way around

By on Saturday, December 15, 2012

Pros: "Reliable!"

Cons: "You have to be looking in a higher price bracket"

"No issues!...always able to drive it no matter what. Peace of mind....I have 150000 miles on my car and it still runs like when I bought it....i drove it from the east coast to the west coast twice a year consistently....total comfort and reliability ...can't brag enough! Only have to do the basics (oil changes, change tires, brakes)...love it"